Options
    Same way every one does, right?...
    ORrNCES.gif

:heart:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Don't take it. Why are you taking it?

Why wouldn't you take it? Creatine is proven to work and is just about as dangerous as drinking protein powder.

There are some established side effects. Basically it lets you "push through" hard workouts, but it also can lead to overstressing muscles and injury because of that. So, I would just advise caution.

^ Ignore this, OP. As I'm sure you well know, creatine is one of the very few supplements with proven efficacy and few side effects.

I mix mine in water and choke it down before workouts.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Why wouldn't you take it? Creatine is proven to work and is just about as dangerous as drinking protein powder.

There are some established side effects. Basically it lets you "push through" hard workouts, but it also can lead to overstressing muscles and injury because of that. So, I would just advise caution.

^ Ignore this, OP. As I'm sure you well know, creatine is one of the very few supplements with proven efficacy and few side effects.

Agreed as the benefits of creatine are well established and guess what EVERYTHING has established side effects...maybe the ones your are referring to, you could actually post them and your sources instead of just hinting at negative side effects.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

LOL
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't know what creatine is buuuuuuuuut! Is it possible for you to buy capsules and fill them with the stuff yourself? It's time consuming but if it tastes gross it might be worth it.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

strong ignorance here
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I dump it into my post workout shake.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Nope!

To answer your question OP I used to mix it with juice, just enough for a shot and take it fast. I took it everyday.
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I put mine in with my Ready Brek every morning before pouring on the hot milk
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I literally scoop 5 grams, dump the powder in my mouth and chase it with water. Otherwise you can use warm water if you want it to mix better

That's what I do, only I drink some coffee, dump it in my mouth, then chase it down with coffee. Get the micronized stuff though (like ON) otherwise that shiz is nasty.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

^^yep. Plus there is nothing I have seen that have shown the side effects to be damaging to your health.
  • CoachDreesTraining
    Options

I'm glad I'm not the only person that knows the DANGERS of this DRUG. #allnatural #steroidfree
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I'm glad I'm not the only person that knows the DANGERS of this DRUG. #allnatural #steroidfree

OMG - its not a steroid, not even close.

ETA: ok, I may have missed the sarcasm there...or at least I hope I did!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I literally scoop 5 grams, dump the powder in my mouth and chase it with water. Otherwise you can use warm water if you want it to mix better

Pretty much that. I also take it in my post-workout recovery shake.
  • CoachDreesTraining
    Options
    OP, you could probably get by with less than 5 grams a day. I think 5 grams is recommended for a person of 200 lbs (I could be wrong).
  • CoachDreesTraining
    Options

:)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

strong ignorance here

Yes please, for the love of god. Go read some medical journals that have done research on creatine. I don't remember what exact illness it's shown to have positive effect on but I believe it was either Parkinsons or Alzeihmers, definitely one of those two. Yes I'm sure I didn't spell either correctly. It's suppose to have positive effect on blood pressure as well. Aside from "pushing through reps / sets" it is also a good anti-catabolic supplement, which is good for anybody who's on a calorie deficit. These are all things you can read about. Do a search on PubMed or something. k, thx
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

:)

lol - sorry, obviously a bit slow this evening.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    With Alphamine.