Women 200lb+, Let's Remember to Nurture Ourselves This November!!!

Options

Replies

• holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    @FLMOM22 absolutely!
    it is Anastasia Murtagh 30 Day Arm Workout Challenge she switches is up on each Monday and recommends doing it 4 to 5 times a week. So tomorrow she will post a new one for week 2. Its only 5 minutes a day
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

179 this morning, my weight swings wildly during TOM and after heavy workouts. And since Saturday I worked out hard for three hours and I'm very sore, this is definitely a water weigh in.

Today I have two classes: poles and oh, split, which is a good combination, and I'm excited.

I've got chicken thighs in the crock pot to cook so I won't have to do much cooking before the gym, I got everything done cleaning-wise that I wanted to this weekend, I made the beer advent calendar for my brother (we're going to swap, I made him and his wife one, they're going to make us one),
    h806f0rujls4.png

and I decluttered my hall closet!
    wz4tluff7cgh.png

vflgvnt5dljw.png

This week, and for the next two weeks after this one, my decluttering project is the playroom. Less stuff = less to clean! I'm going to bang on this drum until it breaks, lol.

Tag party time!
    @FLMOM22 I'm so glad you talked to your husband, and that it went well. It's so important to be able to lean on your partner for things. :heart:

@pamiede oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that's happened to you. I'm glad you're progressing, and I'm glad that you're not quitting. Any progress is good progress, and I'm especially happy to hear that you are recovering some use of your legs, that's great news. Welcome back :heart:

@KeriA enough sleep is so important. Pumpkin bash sounds fun, even if it was a lot. :smiley:

@roz0810 best of luck getting ready for moving! I know it can be hectic and stressful

@pamperedlinny wine and whine!! I love it! Nothing better than a lil' charcuterie.

@holdthefries I love this plan you've got! It sounds great. For nails, I don't know if it's an old wives tale or not, but my mom always told me to eat jello, that the gelatin helps the nails. My nails were always splitty and breaking as a kid. Now that I take a daily multivitamin with biotin in it, I don't seem to have that problem as often as I used to.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

In fitness news I joined the Hogwarts Group and so I'll apparently have daily challenges. It's a bit overwhelming as I have 3 different groups (Holidays at Hogwarts, Holidays at Hufflepuff and Hogsmeade Village) and there are chats and rooms in each one that I'm trying to follow and figure out but I'm also excited to have new challenges. Especially since it's the time of the year when I'm more likely to let things slide. I think having a team counting on me for points will help me stay more focused.

For those that remember all my doctor drama.... my appointment with the new doctor is fast approaching. One week from today I'll see the new doctor. I truly hope they are wonderful and not just going to be judgemental, immediately write scripts without talking to me and then bully me to come in every time a script runs out even if I was just there. I need a doctor who listens and helps come up with a plan rather than what I've had the past few years. Especially since I'm still trying to keep my diabetes diet and exercise controlled.

One of my favorite Zumba teachers (I have a top 3 at my gym and this is my #2 girl) has annouced she's expecting her first child. I'm SUPER EXCITED for them but also not sure that she's going to teach through her entire pregnancy or after the baby is born. I'm seriously hoping she stays but she does have a full time position elsewhere and this is her side hustle. She didn't seem to be 100% sure of the plan yet so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed she sticks around.

School is out on Fall Break today and tomorrow so my daughter is in my hair and my husband took off work to hang with her. Also, her BFF spent the night last night. I hear them giggling and know they are about to get into my space soon. Hopfully they don't start begging for all the snacks this early in the day.

@holdthefries I love your objectives for the month and I especially love the idea of a pottery class. It sounds so fun.

@CupcakeCrusoe I’m always looking at the fun advent calendars. Making one for family or friends actually sounds like a great idea. I might be stealing that.

• justanotherloser007
    Options
    49 yo 5’3” 6/11/2013 SW 277
    November goal: Keep some kind of deficit. Keep up the good work with fitness!
    Ultimate Goal weight: 141 (normal BMI) No goal date, it happens when it happens.

1/1 172.2
    2/1 172.2
    3/1 165.8
    4/1 161.4
    5/1 156.8
    6/1 156.8
    7/1 153.0
    8/1 153.4
    9/1 149.2
    10/1 147.8
    1/7 147.4

🧅 Hit 3 servings of vegetables every day except Sundays! I reserve Sundays for not hitting my usual protein/oil/carb goals.
    🌶️Recuperate from hives and prednisone. If possible, continue fitness journey and always be thankful!.
    🍆Be patient! Remember that increments are where it is at, and focus on habits.
    🧄Remember: Total loss of 130 lbs!!

Sorry I haven’t been able to post, had no internet for a bit. I ate a LOT of smarties on Halloween and after, but kept the calories in maintenance. Back online, and just finished the prednisone course on Saturday. So far so good. I am SO grateful to not have hives ((times a million thanks and gratitudes!!)) Today I was very surprised, because this is the first time that my Renpho said that my bodyfat was "acceptable" WOW!! I can't even believe it.

@pamiede It is very good to see you again!!
  • FLMOM22
    FLMOM22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @FLMOM22 absolutely!
    it is Anastasia Murtagh 30 Day Arm Workout Challenge she switches is up on each Monday and recommends doing it 4 to 5 times a week. So tomorrow she will post a new one for week 2. Its only 5 minutes a day

Day 1 of week 1 complete! Whew that was an intense 6 minutes. Our lightest dumbbells were 5 pounds so a bit more than she suggested for week 1. I also did some exercises with Meredith shirk of svelte training today. Off to a good start. Our vehicle is at the mechanic so I couldn’t go to work. Making the best of it.
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    49 yo 5’3” 6/11/2013 SW 277
    November goal: Keep some kind of deficit. Keep up the good work with fitness!
    Ultimate Goal weight: 141 (normal BMI) No goal date, it happens when it happens.

1/1 172.2
    2/1 172.2
    3/1 165.8
    4/1 161.4
    5/1 156.8
    6/1 156.8
    7/1 153.0
    8/1 153.4
    9/1 149.2
    10/1 147.8
    1/7 147.4

🧅 Hit 3 servings of vegetables every day except Sundays! I reserve Sundays for not hitting my usual protein/oil/carb goals.
    🌶️Recuperate from hives and prednisone. If possible, continue fitness journey and always be thankful!.
    🍆Be patient! Remember that increments are where it is at, and focus on habits.
    🧄Remember: Total loss of 130 lbs!!

Sorry I haven’t been able to post, had no internet for a bit. I ate a LOT of smarties on Halloween and after, but kept the calories in maintenance. Back online, and just finished the prednisone course on Saturday. So far so good. I am SO grateful to not have hives ((times a million thanks and gratitudes!!)) Today I was very surprised, because this is the first time that my Renpho said that my bodyfat was "acceptable" WOW!! I can't even believe it.

@pamiede It is very good to see you again!!

Great job on your success!
    Glad you are recovering.
    I like your approach- I get there when I get there with no time frame for your goal weight.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all!

It's Ladies Bible Study night so I have zero clue what my dinner will look like. It's always so hard to figure out how to eat for the day because it could be salad and vegetable soup or it could be a loaded potato bar or anything else in between. We've had pulled pork with side salad and we've had chicken corn chowder with a bazillion calories (I've seen the recipe in the past. One bowl of that was crazy high.) I don't want to eat too low for the day saving my calories in case it's high and be wrong. I don't want to eat at a higher amount then find out it's a high calorie meal. I just wish I knew the menu in advance sometimes though I love going to my group and seeing all the ladies there.

Last night my friend suggested going on a mini hike at 6pm. I didn't think about the time change and it was full dark within minutes. She apparently thought it through more and brought head lamps, the dogs and stayed to the paved path. I tend to trip on my own two feet in broad daylight so it made me nervous but it was still good to get out in and talk for a while.

I think I completed all my required things for the week in Hogwarts. Now I can check out anything not required just for fun and try to get my bearings better. One of the things this week was in honor of Charles Weasley to do a dragon inspired workout. Since I wasn't going to be able to get to Zumba last night and hike too I created a Zumba dance fitness Imagine Dragons playlist on YouTube. If anyone wants to check it out you can find it at

I hope you all have an AMAZING day!

@justanotherloser007 Yay for no hives!!!!! Also, that’s incredible about your body fat. I’m so excited for you getting that news.

@FLMOM22 Great job on completing your arm challenge. 5 lbs is a lot to start with.
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    Hey all!

@FLMOM22 Great job on completing your arm challenge. 5 lbs is a lot to start with.

@pamperedlinny so proud of you for going on a hike last night! That was a brave and adventurous thing to do. Glad your friend was prepared for the time change.
    I understand the challenges when others are cooking and us staying the course with our healthier habits. Could you ask the host to let you know in advance a calorie range of foods available so that you can plan you meals that day accordingly?
    Thanks for your encouragement. I mentioned my arm challenge to my boss today. She had a great idea for items to lift. She suggested soup cans when we are starting with a lower weight to lift, which spurred my thinking to canned goods in general. I told her I would weigh on my food scale later to see if that would satisfy the 2-3 pound weight we are to start with on lifting in the arm challenge.
    Have a marvelous time tonight!
    Keep slaying your goals my fit friends 🙌🏻
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello aaaand Im back okay. So nothing special in October except for the fact i ate out to much. With eating out so frequently my body was like, um no ma'am. So I did a reset.
    So this month of Nov. my goal is simply to focus more on nutrition yes even with Thanksgiving approaching. I will be working on Thanksgiving ( yea, nurse life) so I am truly not concerned. My focus is simply to feel good physically and mentally for my vacation in Dec.

Everyone good luck this month.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    FLMOM22 wrote: »
    Could you ask the host to let you know in advance a calorie range of foods available so that you can plan you meals that day accordingly?

I thought about that but there are only 2 weeks left for this year's study. Also, since it's run by the ladies ministry at church it's not always the same person in charge. I'm considering when we start again after the holidays just asking if I can be a helper.... mostly so I know in advance what to expect.

I love the idea of using the canned goods in place of weights. I'm all for an economical solution.
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    Hello aaaand Im back okay. So nothing special in October except for the fact i ate out to much. With eating out so frequently my body was like, um no ma'am. So I did a reset.
    So this month of Nov. my goal is simply to focus more on nutrition yes even with Thanksgiving approaching. I will be working on Thanksgiving ( yea, nurse life) so I am truly not concerned. My focus is simply to feel good physically and mentally for my vacation in Dec.

@ktilton70130
    Nice to meet you! Awesome job refocusing on where you are headed with your health! Thanks for being a caregiver/nurse!

• FLMOM22
    Options
    Small_B wrote: »
    Becca
    5' 8"
    SW: 252.2
    HW: 296
    CW: 252.2
    GW: 170

Hi, my name is Becca. I am just getting back on track, this being my first official week. My goal for November is to lose 6 pounds. My goal for this week is to walk daily and to drink my water. Baby steps! Thursday is my WI day, I am not expecting much for this first week. It's been a slow start. But it's been a solid start. :smile:

Hi Becca,
    Nice to meet you. My name is Cindy.
    Sounds like you have a plan in place!
    May you have great success in your health journey.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I had another huge win at Ladies Bible Study last night. I arrived and found creamy chicken casserole, buttered rice, green beans cooked with bacon and potato.... plus Krispy Kreme donuts for dessert. I looked at everything and pulled on all my self control. I had only a few bites of casserole, only half a scoop of rice, a big scoop of green beans but leaving behind the potatoes and drank water. Then I had only half a donut with peppermint tea. There was no really healthy options and yet I managed to fully stick to plan, have a bit of everything and not mess myself up at all. I felt satisfied and was able to tell the ladies honestly that it was all tasty.

Tonight my daughter has volleyball practice so I'm planning to hit the elliptical and the iron forest of machines for that hour. It will only be the second time in a long time of hitting the machines but I really need some upper body strength. I'm hoping since I did it last week without incident I'll be able to get over myself and do it again.

Tomorrow afternoon our friend should arrive from Baltimore. He's driving down to visit and I know when he's here we tend to eat a lot of stuff out of our normal. Tons of pizza is involved (pizza became an inside joke years ago so we find the craziest, biggest or most topped pizzas now) plus desserts and other assorted eating out. Since we only see him once or twice a year for a few days I normally indulge with him in everything. However, since this is the same month as a bunch of other events I'm not sure how I'll make it work. I'll probably bump up to maintenance for 4 days and probably go over some but I'll try and keep it close to that. It's going to take a lot more self control than I've had to use for bible study or small events.

One of the regional foods I actually miss in the south has a food holiday today. So if you're in the mid-Atlantic area and get to a diner today eat some scrapple for me! Happy National Scrapple Day.

I hope you all have an amazing day!!!
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I had another huge win at Ladies Bible Study last night. I arrived and found creamy chicken casserole, buttered rice, green beans cooked with bacon and potato.... plus Krispy Kreme donuts for dessert. I looked at everything and pulled on all my self control. I had only a few bites of casserole, only half a scoop of rice, a big scoop of green beans but leaving behind the potatoes and drank water. Then I had only half a donut with peppermint tea. There was no really healthy options and yet I managed to fully stick to plan, have a bit of everything and not mess myself up at all. I felt satisfied and was able to tell the ladies honestly that it was all tasty.

Tonight my daughter has volleyball practice so I'm planning to hit the elliptical and the iron forest of machines for that hour. It will only be the second time in a long time of hitting the machines but I really need some upper body strength. I'm hoping since I did it last week without incident I'll be able to get over myself and do it again.

Tomorrow afternoon our friend should arrive from Baltimore. He's driving down to visit and I know when he's here we tend to eat a lot of stuff out of our normal. Tons of pizza is involved (pizza became an inside joke years ago so we find the craziest, biggest or most topped pizzas now) plus desserts and other assorted eating out. Since we only see him once or twice a year for a few days I normally indulge with him in everything. However, since this is the same month as a bunch of other events I'm not sure how I'll make it work. I'll probably bump up to maintenance for 4 days and probably go over some but I'll try and keep it close to that. It's going to take a lot more self control than I've had to use for bible study or small events.

One of the regional foods I actually miss in the south has a food holiday today. So if you're in the mid-Atlantic area and get to a diner today eat some scrapple for me! Happy National Scrapple Day.

I hope you all have an amazing day!!!

@pamperedlinny
    Congrats on your success of self control last night! You can do this with your friend coming into town. Just like last night, bites of the high calorie foods and generous portions of the lower calorie higher nutrient foods.
    I have already been having internal conversations about the upcoming holidays and my eating plan. It doesn’t make sense to overeat just because there are foods present we only see a few times a year. Plus overeating will sidetrack me from my ultimate goal of a healthier version of me and won’t serve me well in going the distance. I’m retraining my thinking.
    i ate scrapple as a child and loved it too! It hasn’t been a part of my eating since leaving my parents house after growing up.

• leonajeant
    leonajeant Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi! I just re-started my healthy me journey, and am looking for others in the same boat as myself so I stay motivated! I originally started my weight loss journey back in 2016 got to my goal of 180, maintained, then crashed and burned! So, I've started over. I'm looking for people with similar goals as me so we can "feed" off of each other for motivation!

43 years old
    5' 7"

10/15/2022
    SW 214

11/09/2022
    CW 207.4

Goal Weight 180

Some of my struggles:
    *RA - my inner body hurts constantly, working through it, keeping my eye on the prize!
    *Hysterectomy in fall 2020, feels like it screwed up my entire body (this was my 4th abdominal surgery)
    *Alcohol - I would usually make severely poor decisions when drinking - winning with sobriety as of 09/24/2022
    *Lack of movement and exercise - I have a stationary desk for work, sitting for hours on end. Wisconsin weather around this time of year is dark when I go to work and dark when I get home from work. I'm currently in a debate with myself on whether or not I should join the gym again - I don't want to join and not go and waste money... I usually go for a short stint, then just give up and donate to the gym.

About me:
    *I have a grown daughter, who is also struggling with her weight right now. I'm trying to motivate her to eat healthier, but she just has it in her mind that going to the gym gives her the option to eat whatever she wants...
    *I have three amazing grandchildren from my step-daughter, and they keep me plenty busy on weekends! I'd love to have more energy to keep up with them.
    *I also have (5) pups! That's right, I'm one of those crazy people addicted to saving rescue pups from the shelters.
    *My husband is a big guy, recently had some health issues and has chosen a healthier lifestyle. So far, he is my biggest cheerleader, and I think it's because I do what I can to motivate him as well.

If anyone is looking for a partner/friend to keep motivated, please send me a request! *cheers*
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! And welcome to the newbies!!! 💜

I'm down three pounds from Week 1. Most of that was water weight probably, but I'll take it!

Some Week 1 Goals:
    🍁 Swim 1/3
    🍁 Salad 1/5
    🍁 Log All Food 7/7
    🍁 Stay Within Calorie Range 6/7
    🍁 Writing 3/7

I'm happy with this because November is all about me getting back on the horse. I'm aiming for slow and steady and building healthy habits.
  • FLMOM22
    Options
    Hello, everyone! And welcome to the newbies!!! 💜

I'm down three pounds from Week 1. Most of that was water weight probably, but I'll take it!

Some Week 1 Goals:
    🍁 Swim 1/3
    🍁 Salad 1/5
    🍁 Log All Food 7/7
    🍁 Stay Within Calorie Range 6/7
    🍁 Writing 3/7

I'm happy with this because November is all about me getting back on the horse. I'm aiming for slow and steady and building healthy habits.

@RavenStCloud awesome perspective and well done on what you’ve accomplished!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Linda
    40 years old
    5'7"
    SW: 300 lbs
    Nov 10 - 222.2 lb

Happy Thursday!

I did 20 minutes in the Iron Forest again last night!!!! As intimidating as the machines are I really need to work on the limp noodles I call arms and I'm more likely to do sets without slacking if I go up and down the rows of machines in order versus free weights. Volleyball season will end soon and I'll have to decide if I'm going to keep going on Wednesday nights or if I have another time to go. If I stop just because the daughter's sport stops then I'm be back at square one with feeling intimidated 6 months from now.

Today my office has it's anual Chili Cookoff!!!! As much as I love to cook I haven't actually made anything for chili cookoff in the past. I always bring cookies or bread or something similar and judge without prejudice. I'm going to try and stick to just 2 bites or so of each but we usually have anywhere from 10 to 20 entries so that could still be a lot of chili. I'm just going to guess on how much and put one entry for chili in my diary for lunch. I'm not logging veggie chili, beef chili, chicken chili, etc.

Also, our friend Doug arrives today!!!! He should be here for dinner and requested grilled chicken with buffalo sauce and ranch dip, baked potatoes and steamed broccoli so I know tonight I can stay on track. However, we also end up with pizza, ice cream, hitting a bakery and various other snacks and eating out. I'll try to stay near maintenance and not overdo it but it's really hard when my going out buddy is in town for just a couple days.

My husband is a pretty extreme introvert and only does "people" a few times a week... which includes work and church... so going out is rare. When we lived in the same state our friend was my "date" often on Saturday when my husband was at work. It sounds odd but my husband was happy I got out, actually likes and trusts this friend (as much his friend as mine) and would just enjoy if we brought him leftovers he likes so he didn't have to "people" after work. Being about 600 miles from our friend is a bummer so when he visits we end up going out a lot to make up for all the missed weekends.

@leonajeant Welcome! My parents lived in Wisconsin for 9 years and only just moved back to Maryland late in 2019. When I visited them in the winter it was soooo dark. My mom actually bought a sun lamp because she said it felt like she was zapped of energy from lack of light during the winter. I love that you and your husband cheer each other on! That’s fabulous to have support at home.

@RavenStCloud I always count the water weight. It makes me happy to have any sort of whoosh… especially if I’m starting over.