Women 200lb+, Let's Remember to Nurture Ourselves This November!!!

Options

Replies

• FLMOM22
    FLMOM22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    KacyCarpe wrote: »
    I have been rather MIA from the community chat threads over the last few days due to some busy circumstances and lingering illness. Feeling good today for the first time in 3+ weeks and should therefore have more time to join in.

NSVs: Signed in to MFP, logged my food, and was careful about what I ate—did not let my illness completely derail me. Jeans are feeling a little looser...

Scale victory: I am down 1.5 lbs so far this month and 15 lbs from when I started in September.
    Great job Kacy 👏🏻
    So glad you are feeling better!

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sandie
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW November 2022: 186.2
    GW this month: 186 (maintain)
    Goal for 2022: Stay the course

Thursday weigh-ins
    11/3 - 185.8
    11/10 - 187.2
    11/17 -
    11/24 -

Nov Change: +1.0lbs
    Loss to date: -83.9lbs

Goals -

🍁 - Log everything as accurately as reasonably possible
    🍁 - Avoid mindless snacking
    🍁 - Take vitamins every day (Log in MFP for accountability)
    🍁 - Gym or home workout 3X per week minimum

Had a busy weekend last weekend with lost of events. I didn't eat my best but didn't eat significantly over maintenance. I think that is going to be the theme for November... I did manage to make it to the gym 3 times this last week although Friday was a short workout. I usually play racquetball with my wife and on Friday she managed to hit herself in the head with her racquet 10 minutes into our game (we are not the most coordinated players out there). The worst part is that she ended up with a large bruise on her forehead and two black eyes just in time for family picture day tomorrow... Hoping makeup and photo shop will cover the damage.

Saturday we are hosting Friendsgiving at our house. My lovely wife is making individual mini desserts to help keep us on track. I am going to try to stick to healthier options available and only enjoy small samples of the unhealthy stuff.
    Sunday is a winemakers dinner date night that includes a 4 course meal with wine parings. Fortunately the food is usually pretty healthy and fresh and served in reasonable portions.
    Monday kicks off vacation! The wife and I are going to be having a staycation so that we can remodel my MILs bathroom. Not sure I am ready for demo, tile, plumbing, vanity, lights, toilet, repair walls, texture, paint.... At least I won't be sitting on my butt at work all day!

Hope everyone has a great week and I am looking forward to reading more updates on your successes.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Linda
    40 years old
    5'7"
    SW: 300 lbs
    Nov 10 - 222.2 lb
    Nov 11 - 221.6 lb

Hey all!!!! My friend arrived safely and I'm so happy to see him!!!!! I know today might include a trip to the local Mexican bakery and also a trip to Grill Marks for burgers and an over the top milkshake so I don't think there is much chance of staying on plan. However, I'll see what options are available and maybe not go too crazy. I did say I would aim for maintenance and I tend to bank a lot of exercise calories that I rarely eat back so it shouldn't be the end of the world.

Probably won't check in again through the weekend as he's leaving on Sunday and we're trying to fit a bunch of visiting in just a couple days.

Have a great day!!!!!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I did manage to make it to the gym 3 times this last week although Friday was a short workout. I usually play racquetball with my wife and on Friday she managed to hit herself in the head with her racquet 10 minutes into our game (we are not the most coordinated players out there). The worst part is that she ended up with a large bruise on her forehead and two black eyes just in time for family picture day tomorrow... Hoping makeup and photo shop will cover the damage.

Great job for making it to the gym x3 times, but OH NO about your wife! That's terrible. I hope she's feeling better and your family pictures came out alright.
  • Small_B
    Small_B Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kacy jeans feeling a little looser is one of the best feelings, congrats!!

Sandie I hope that your wife is feeling okay, and that the pictures turn out! I hope everything goes well with remodeling the bathroom. :)

Linda have fun with your friend! Mexican bakery sounds yummy.

Leonajeant: I lost a lot back in 2016 too (96 pounds) and was only 25 pounds from my goal at the time. It was like I felt like I had arrived and could not fail…. So I went and did exactly that. I didn't gain all the weight I lost back, about half. Sorry about your RA, my son was diagnosed last year with a juvenile arthritis. (AS) It sucks.

Hello to everyone else! I think it'll take me a little bit to be able to keep up with everyone on here! Glad to have found everyone though!! Also feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like, I am looking to build a strong community of support here on MFP! :smile:

• VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am back after a long absence. Got down under 200 over a year and a half ago and then struggled and got off track. Have been experiencing some health issues( vertigo and recovering from shingles) since late August and need to get back on track with my health Have loved being part of this community in past. So here goes.

Vicky
    217( 112/11/2022)

The goal for the end of the Month

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    Linda
    40 years old
    5'7"
    Nov 10 - 222.2 lb
    Nov 11 - 221.6 lb
    Nov 13 – 220.6 lb

My friend drove home yesterday and I am pretty excited at how well I did during his visit. I still managed to have my 10,000 steps in Monday thru Friday and I still had over 5,000 steps Saturday and Sunday. At the chili cook-off on Thursday I stayed on track. When we hit the bakery I brought things back with him but only had a few bites of anything at a time. Instead of milkshakes I had a single scoop of ice cream. All things along those lines. I stayed within maintenance all except last night when I got into the leftovers and some chips… but I also didn’t go crazy for too long. There was essentially a 2 hour window I just had whatever and I still was about 500 calories over maintenance even with that. Far from the craziness I’ve had in the past.

Photo of myself, daughter, husband and friend all out together.
    nfx3rwsesazc.jpg

Today I finally see the new doctor. I’m really excited and nervous. I want someone to look at how far I’ve come, where I am now and work with me on my health. Not just write a script for medication I can’t afford or give me a lecture on how I need to do better. Not someone who will get me in and out in 5 minutes and doesn’t know anything about me. From what I’ve heard this is the doctor I need to see. I think the anxiety over that, my daughter’s panic attack yesterday (there was a bee that landed on her) and my friend leaving all fed into my snacking last night. Knowing those triggers is helps me to reign it in before it gets too crazy as well. I am definitely an emotional eater.

I’m hoping to get to my Zumba class tonight as well but we’ll have to see how it all goes.

In case you were wondering it is NATIONAL PICKLE DAY!

• RavenStCloud
    Options
    Nov Start: 260
    Week 1: 257
    Week 2: 255

Some Week 2 Goals:
    🍁 Swim 4/3 (one extra swim)
    🍁 Salad 2/5 (one more than last week)
    🍁 Log All Food 7/7
    🍁 Stay Within Calorie Range 7/7
    🍁 Crochet 1/3

I'm super happy with how I've stayed on course this week in terms of food and exercise. I've let my writing/creative goals slip, but I'm working on it!
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    November update:

I joined the fall 5% challenge on Oct 1, to lose 5% of your weight over 8 weeks, and with 2 weeks left I have 2 pounds to go. Now that I am no longer sick, I'm feeling more confident that I'll hit that mark. Yay!

I've been paring back on starchy carbs since September, and I realized that this month I've been eating only "green" carbs (no sugar or starchy carbs like potatoes or pasta). I'm satisfied now with two meals per day, getting that 16/8 eating window and hitting some pretty low net carb values. I think I am shifting into a fat-burning metabolism, and lemme tell ya, there is a lot of fuel sitting around to burn. I hope this metabolic shift will keep my overall rate of weight loss as high as it's been.

Started reading up on and learning about paleo. Has anyone tried this way of eating?
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning!

I am so happy with the new doctor. She's happy with my current weight considering that I was so much heavier in the past. She's happy with my A1C even though it's not as low as I'd like. She said with it at 6.1 she wouldn't write a script for medication unless it was something continuing to rise, not being addressed properly or the patient asked for medication. Since my previous doctor kept trying to get me on expensive medications I couldn't afford when I'm trying to keep my diabetes under control with diet and exercise that was such a relief to hear. There are other things too but really she listened to what I'm doing and the concerns I have and helped with a plan of care instead of telling me what I "need to do" as my previous doctor did. This is the first time in about 6 years I've seen a doctor that I really feel will work with me, be realistic with the expectations and be a cheerleader when I make progress with my overall health.

I didn't make it to Zumba last night because I realized my calendar has something every single night this week except last night and I just needed some time at home with my family. I'm glad I stayed in because when my daughter was supposed to be in bed she came down, asked to just cuddle for a few minutes and promptly fell asleep on me. Something about my daughter, who is turning 9 in January and is starting to be embarrassed by me in public already, wanting to just curl up on me and feel secure melted my heart. I'll miss this when she stops wanting that.

Tonight is the last Ladies Bible Study night of 2022. Again, I have zero clue what will be for dinner or how to eat through the day to manage it but I'll just try to stay on track no matter what is served. Tomorrow is my departments holiday dinner so I have the same issue for tomorrow night. Friday is also my monthly movie night when I don't even try to count calories or keep track so I really can't slide so much on these other days without setting myself back for the week.

@KacyCarpe I hope you meet your goals!

@ktilton70130 I love that you have smaller achievable goals.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Linda
    40 years old
    5'7"
    Previous Low: 195 lb
    GW: 180 lb
    Nov 10 - 222.2 lb
    Nov 13 – 220.6 lb
    Nov 16 - 218.4 lb

Morning all!!!!
    My end of year goal in the back of my mind was really maintenance but to try and aim for below 220. This morning I made that goal! I wasn't planning to weigh in again until Friday morning but I decided to check and it really made my whole morning.

Last night at bible study the ladies brought in Subway catering. They said they were "cheating" with not cooking but everyone was just so busy this past week. That actually worked because I was more able to figure out the calories. They had 2 sub options and it was all footlong sandwiches cut into thirds. So 1/3 of a footlong without condiments (those were on the side) was easily findable online. They had chips and cookies so I kept it to a small handful (less than a serving) of chips and half a cookie. Then I filled up on water, diet ginger ale and hot herbal tea.

Tonight is my department holiday dinner for work. It should be a lot of fun as we're meeting at a local restaurant and they are planning on breaking us into teams for darts, billiards, trivia, etc in addition to visiting (since we're mostly working from home) and eating. My concern is almost every department meal like this since moving to South Carolina is pulled meat bbq, mac & cheese, rolls, desserts, etc. Almost nothing healthy other than the protein. I'm desperately hoping for green beans or salad or something for once that I can pair with it to fill up without going over my calorie budget but we'll just have to see how that goes.
  • RavenStCloud
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @pamperedlinny
    Congrats on all your hard work and reaching your goal earlier than you thought!!!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hey all. After a few days days going to put it behind me and start again!

Nov 17: 276.2

Not what I wanted to see at all but here we go!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

I found out that my boss's boss is on a diet. I went to the holiday party last night for my department and when I checked the buffet there were all the "bad" stuff like tater tots, mac & cheese, bread, desserts, baked beans in brown sugar, etc. However, there was also a salad and a tray of raw vegetables. Since this was a bbq place there was also smoked wings, pulled chicken, pork and brisket. Thanks that that twist I was able to treat myself to a few bits of tots and wings but then stick to a salad topped with chicken, bbq sauce & dressing. Also, since we were on teams playing darts, billiards, giant jenga and giant connect 4 I had a bunch of steps on my fitbit.

Tonight I have my book club meeing. We read Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng. It was actually really good. I'm going to have to avoid the treats at book club too since tomorrow is movie night.

For those that don't know I host a monthly movie night. All my best girl friends are invited over and we potluck all sorts of things. Sometimes it's a bunch of real food, something junk food, usually a mixture of everything. We started doing this early this year after 2 years of mostly saying "we'll get together soon" and not ever getting together. We randomly draw the movie from our bucket of choices each month unless there is a specific theme for a month. The deal with all the ladies is unless you are on a specific challenge or plan that diets and calories don't count on that day of the month. This month we're watching Friendsgiving and I'm actually baking a ham to fit the theme. It is literally one of my most favorite nights of the month. All the kids still come, make their plates and go have their own party upstairs with my husband overseeing that crazy so the ladies can have our own time downstairs.

• roz0810
    Options
    Nov 18: 274.6

1.6 loss
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny Thanks yes. Small goals though 5lbs is not small,lol especially during the month where food will flow abundantly . It will take a large amount of restraint. However I am keeping a positive attitude and will work to achieve the lost.
  • roz0810
    Options
    Nov 18: 273.4
    Nov 19: 272.2

4lb loss
  • roz0810
    Options
    Nov 18: 273.4
    Nov 19: 272.2
    Nov 20: 271

5.2lb loss
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Had an ok week this week. Did lose a pound but wasn't as diligent with less carb as I wanted to be. Goal for this week is get 40 minutes walk outside at 4 times this week. No alcohol. No added sugar. Try for two meals a day with a 6 hour window.