Post with female body fat percentages

Options
Hey everyone! Is there a post/discussion on here where I can see real women with their pictures and body fat percentages? I find the ones on Google to be confusing.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    The uterus thread is absolutely brilliant, one of the best on here IMO (along with the cheese one 😀). OP, when you’re looking at body fat percentages, bear in mind that we all carry weight differently. The online pics are narrow in focus, and so 25% body fat (for instance) can look incredibly different on different people. It depends on frame, the amount of muscle, your natural breast tissue, whether you put fat on your hips, belly or upper half…

The uterus thread is inspiring, but I just have to remind myself sometimes that comparison is the thief of joy.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    The uterus thread is absolutely brilliant, one of the best on here IMO (along with the cheese one 😀). OP, when you’re looking at body fat percentages, bear in mind that we all carry weight differently. The online pics are narrow in focus, and so 25% body fat (for instance) can look incredibly different on different people. It depends on frame, the amount of muscle, your natural breast tissue, whether you put fat on your hips, belly or upper half…

The uterus thread is inspiring, but I just have to remind myself sometimes that comparison is the thief of joy.

Yes that’s a fair point too! I tend to store fat evenly over my body but more in my arms and legs and butt. Also ever since I started lifting weights my body shape has changed and I always have an hour glass shape even all the way up to 190 lbs. I do however, refuse to believe I’m 39% body fat which is what my body fat scales said…
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »

Yes that’s a fair point too! I tend to store fat evenly over my body but more in my arms and legs and butt. Also ever since I started lifting weights my body shape has changed and I always have an hour glass shape even all the way up to 190 lbs. I do however, refuse to believe I’m 39% body fat which is what my body fat scales said…

Ah the old body fat scales. Try using them at different times of the day, they are notoriously unreliable, and you’ll see a range of fat percentages. I can “lose” a few percent by having a hot bath! They are affected by your hydration, how hot you are and even by how much you have in your stomach. My highest fat readings are first thing in the morning and my lowest after an evening bath. Try both, then average them 👍

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yep, just drink water or take a bath if you want to see movement in those body fat scales. I won a couple of those New Years diet contests at my gym back in the day by pounding water for a day or two before the final weigh in, just make sure you go to the bathroom after drinking, but before you weigh!