I wish someone would invent...

Options
CTcutie
CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
A lunch cooler that stays cold longer than 3 hours. (I have one that has built-in ice packs, I add another ice block pack, and yogurt gets warm by lunch-time :grumble: )

What do you wish someone would invent?

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    warp drive.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    A self-cleaning house
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    A lunch cooler that stays cold longer than 3 hours. (I have one that has built-in ice packs, I add another ice block pack, and yogurt gets warm by lunch-time :grumble: )

I'm with you on the lunch cooler! I work in a different place in the city every day and have a somewhat unpredictable schedule, so I have to bring a lunch with me whether I plan to be out around lunch time or not. Since I'm either in my car on the way to an assignment, or at the assignment, I rarely have a refrigerator for my lunch and, after a while in the summer heat, my veggies start to get soft and my hummus gets warm :/
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    A self-cleaning house

^This^
    And shoes that raise you up when you need it without the need to search for a stool.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    warp drive.

Alcubierre may have already invented it. we just need to build it. :D
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

freeze a 16 oz water bottle and put it in your lunch bag/box/cooler. Your yogurt will stay cold by lunchtime.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    zero calorie savoury crunchy snacks that are full of protein.
  • singha99
    singha99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try freezing the yogurt. When my kids were younger they used to freeze gogurts and they were defrosted by lunchtime.

a pedometer that shocks you if you sit longer than 20 minutes =)
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    a nuero-interface for implanted technology that would eliminate need for computers, cell phones, and would monitor your health and assist with your health. Maybe will be reality in 50 years?
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    hydroflask.com makes a food flask - keeps soup hot, and could keep yogurt cold (if you put it right in to it, instead of leaving it in the yogurt container
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Low sodium beef jerky
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    a nuero-interface for implanted technology that would eliminate need for computers, cell phones, and would monitor your health and assist with your health. Maybe will be reality in 50 years?

im banking on the Singularity occurring in 2045.
  • martymid
    martymid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    100 calorie big ... I was going to say burger, but now I'm thinking Portillo's Italian beef or Jimmy Johns Giant Club sandwiches or....
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    A self-cleaning house

My thoughts exactly. Precisely one I could afford to live in.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    zero calorie savoury crunchy snacks that are full of protein.

and tasty - or they'll just be weird...

Soap sprayer in my shower like in a car wash (no wax option please).
  • cstoney2013
    Options
    warp drive.

will be invented in 2063 by Zefram Cochrane
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    warp drive.

will be invented in 2063 by Zefram Cochrane

yep! ...the same year as first contact. :wink:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

As long as it's not in the form of ear-pods …
  • msclairuk
    msclairuk Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    a time machine!
    and a travel pod! (like a phone box you just dial a country/place you want to be, tune around and voila!)
  • cstoney2013
    Options

As long as it's not in the form of ear-pods …

No I am thinking of something that will allow you to access extra memory, download skills such as speaking another language, engineering, etc. you would be able to access information by thinking, contact other people. also it would be able to regulate your body chemistry using advanced medical techniques such as nanocytes. It could warn you potential problems with your health or even help reduce stress, or give your extra energy if you were fighting for survival etc. But it would be implanted in your body, and would be as widespread as having a cell phone.