Can’t shift weight

Hi.
I started a diet and exercise regime on 25 September this year (almost 7 weeks ago).
When I started I was 19 stone exactly and I am 39 year old male, I didn’t exercise at all and I eat a lot, particularly late at night!

Since starting my regime I have dramatically cut my calories and exercise 4-5 times per week either cycling (8 mile ride/40 minutes) or jogging (between 2.5/3.5 mile run/35 minutes).

As of today (14th November) I have lost 11 pounds. That might sound good but that 11 pounds came off within the first 3 weeks and ever since I have not shifted a single pound despite continuing with same diet and exercise regime.

Am I being impatient?
Tagged:

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,735 Member
    The weight you lost initially was largely water weight. Odds are, the water balanced out but fat loss kept your weight the same. It is also possible that the fat loss continued, but your body is holding on to more water to repair muscles stressed by the exercise you are doing. Do you weigh every day? I have found that the day after a hard workout, I usually weigh more.

OTOH, you may be eating more than you think. Do you weigh and/or measure everything you eat? Double check the data entries as well since there is a great variation in the numbers sometimes. Your diary is closed, I think. Opening it can allow others to see if you are making any obvious mistakes, like erratic logging or forgetting oils and condiments.