Phentermine, The Pill that Makes Me Crazy as a Loon

Options
13»

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    People talk about rebound weight, but I really have never suffered rebound weight from Phentermine the last time I was on it.

I gained about 30lbs back over a period of a little over a year, a very very stressful year.

rebound....

inigo-montoya.jpg

People keep saying how they gain it all back and more while on Phentermine. Hell, regular dieting I lost and gained all the weight back before keeping 70lbs off after losing 100lbs for over a year, I'll take it. I don't consider that a rebound by any means.
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I was just taking Phentermine the first time and I didn't have any problems as bad, I had some anxiety, but it's been much worse this time.. This is the first time I'm taking the topriamate with the Phentermine.

I don't think I'm bipolar, I've never been diagnosed as bi-polar or anything. I've been diagnosed with OCD (It gets bad some times) and a little bit of anxiety.

So you started with 100mg of Topiramate and are planning to move to 200mg Topiramate after you take it for a month? That seems like a lot higher dose to start with and step up to...just passing along information that I know...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    The easy way out is always more difficult.

No to pills yes to eating at a deficit and exercise.

END THREAD.
  • jrmccoy78
    Options
    To BellaIron- If only it was that easy, sister. I have worked so hard for two years and the scale has barely moved. And I'm a dancer who eats clean. I am well educated in food and fitness. But, some people actually do have an extremely tough time losing weight and medical help is necessary. For example, I did Insanity for two weeks straight, and I did not lose even one pound. Not even one single pound. So, please do not judge by saying that taking a physician prescribed medication is the easy way out. Because even if it helps, eating right and exercising are still required. Thanks.
  • jrmccoy78
    Options
    It's actually not an amphetamine. It's a "distant cousin" so to speak.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    To BellaIron- If only it was that easy, sister. I have worked so hard for two years and the scale has barely moved. And I'm a dancer who eats clean. I am well educated in food and fitness. But, some people actually do have an extremely tough time losing weight and medical help is necessary. For example, I did Insanity for two weeks straight, and I did not lose even one pound. Not even one single pound. So, please do not judge by saying that taking a physician prescribed medication is the easy way out. Because even if it helps, eating right and exercising are still required. Thanks.

You are right - meds are a tool. but we still have to watch what we eat. its still that amount of challenge to be able to eat within our calorie/macro budget here.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Weight loss is about the calories you consume not eating clean and not the exercise you do. Exercise can help, but as they say, "can't out exercise a bad diet"

I'm not judging the prescription but if you are focusing on "clean" and exercise, I would suggest you look more at total cals.
  • NonnyMary
    Options

Weight loss is about the calories you consume not eating clean and not the exercise you do. Exercise can help, but as they say, "can't out exercise a bad diet"

I'm not judging the prescription but if you are focusing on "clean" and exercise, I would suggest you look more at total cals.

So if a person can eat 3 pounds of vegetables in a day, and total calories in a day add up to 3,500 calories, it is a good chance they will not lose that pound. even eating clean?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

So if a person can eat 3 pounds of vegetables in a day, and total calories in a day add up to 3,500 calories, it is a good chance they will not lose that pound. even eating clean?

Yep.^ although it would probably hard to overheat on those particular items without preparing them with fats.
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    I thought so. :)

I went to the nutrition for the first time last week.. He said if I wanted I could take Qsymia. I might try it for a month to see what happens. if I get anxiety or any bad effects i will stop. I'd like to see what happens because I was on Phen Fen a while back and I lost a ton of weight.. and it was not a fad 800 calorie a day diet. it just took away my appetite and gave me extra energy and i went to the gym 3 x a week. dry mouth was the only annoyance.