Losing lower belly fat

Options
Because of a med I was on I gained a lot of lower belly fat this year. Please provide tips so that I can lose this and not gain more over the holidays!
Tagged:

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Since it’s not possible to choose where your body fat is lost from when you’re trying to lose weight, the only thing you can do is make sure your calories taken in are less than the calories expended through daily life and any intentional exercise.

Put your stats into the MFP set up and choose a sensible deficit, depending on how much you need to lose (a pound a week is a good start for many people). This will generate a calorie goal for you.

Weigh and log everything you eat, including any celebration meals, stick to that target and you will lose weight. Sadly, many people find fat on the abdomen is the last to go, but be patient and trust the process.

Good luck!
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    As above, you can't choose where you lose fat from, but if you are tracking your food as per this website, it WILL go from your belly eventually as long as you are in a true deficit. As for not gaining over the holidays - my approach is always to just keep tracking most days, to make sure I'm in a deficit, Christmas day I won't bother, or New Years eve, probably, but the 360ish days on track will make faaaaaar more difference than a couple days off track. So yeah - enjoy the holidays, by all means, but that doesn't mean a 2 month free for all.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Lower belly for me is the hardest to flatten. I’ve been working on it awhile.. losing overall body fat has helped and working my core seemed to help appearance wise, perhaps from building up the muscles underneath. Have a long way to go!

Still a work in progress. even at my thinnest i had a bit of fat on lower abs.

Keep at it :)
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I've lost 127 pounds over the past year and my lower stomach was the last to shrink