🎯🎯Looking for support? AND Motivation to do this and not quit?🏆🏆

Options
Dianedoessmiles1
Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,287 Member
edited December 2022 in Motivation and Support
When I started this weight loss I was at 288 LBS I was so lost, I KNEW I needed to lose weight, but HOW? I hopped online (This was 2010) to see what I could find. I found a site that helped to track food, and encouraged exercise, Sparkpeople. It's now closed and many of us relocated to MFP HAPPY TO BE HERE We will say very quickly!!

On Sparkpeople we could blog and I was invited by someone on Sparks to join the 5% Challenge. I did join it, but I really did NOT understand what this would do for me. I didn't hit 288 LBS without notice, I had tried to diet before, but I'd lose, not lose hardly if any and regain it all over again. Does this sound familiar? WHY was that happening? I was DIETING, but not making changes that were healthy to sustain myself long term.

You know that 5% Challenge I mentioned? It helps not only to exercise, but to build healthy habits!! I NEEDED that!! Now I am at 170 (I am in heart failure, fighting other stuff physically so for the time I just need to maintain that) STILL that's 118 lbs DOWN!! WOW IMAGINE THAT!! I've made friends who have, and are helping me along this journey to health.

BUT I AM FAR from the only one!!! Are you looking for a little bit more support? Some interaction with members on a "team" where we encourage each other? People of all ages from ALL over MFP!! This is a 8 weeks challenge, from the main team we pick a team (There are 8 teams, 2 are full) in which we do a friendly competition to see which team does the most exercise (Tops a day is 120 mins, BUT MANY of our new members, those who like myself are disabled can do 10 mins 3 days a week, or what you can SAFELY!! We really empathize being safe) while learning healthy habits!! These healthy habits can be anything from tracking your food (if you do not like the tracker,, I love it here,, you can use any tracker you desire, even paper and pen!) perhaps we'll work on having a healthy bed time routine, maybe it'll be choosing 1 snack that you'll eat (you'll be able to have more snacks in the day, if you are new to eating better, again SAFETY is first, to fast is to fast to drop current habits). WE ARE THE TEAM FOR YOU!!!

LOVE TO HAVE YOU WITH US!!! It'll be a GRAND 8 WEEKS!! After you hit JOIN please pick a team you'll be with for the 8 weeks. I've lost thanks to this challenge 120 lbs! AND I STILL eat junk food!! NOT NEARLY as much as I had, but I do. SUCCESS LONG TERM is our aim.

6ub633esa0ql.png

OR you can use this link directly without copying and pasting:

PLEASE AFTER YOU HIT JOIN PICK A TEAM!! This is very important to do.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143963-2023-winter-5-community-team-plz-join-us

EXCITED to have YOU WITH US!!! And watch your losing weight, gaining confidence in doing so and OH SO MUCH MORE!!!
Tagged: