I'm new

Options
Hello, I'm on Day 19. I'm doing the macros. I'm daily surprised to find that I'm not eating enough food. I'm so used to the idea that starving yourself is the only solution... which is wrong. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds. I'm going to lose 50 pounds. :)

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Slow and steady wins the race, at least it did in my case 🙂
    Sounds like your on the right track, wishing you success!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,542 Member
    Options
    Yep, in my experience, starving (or other forms of misery) is optional: That's a great insight. Misery burns no extra calories, and feels icky, so yeah, no starvation. I'm cheering for you!
  • CRisley3
    CRisley3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I am jumping back on the wagon and going to try this new lifestyle again.

As I was setting up MFP and added in my exercise for this morning, I noticed that my calories were 1281 + the calories I "burned" while walking my dog. I can't really wrap my head around the fact of eating the allotted daily calories AND the calories that my body will be burning. Not to mention that I am intermittent fasting (only way to keep myself from eating out of boredom) so the calories are not going to disappear quick enough.

Heck! Just thinking about the food I am going to have to eat to make my calories disappear is making me feel full. LoL