• jcslady2018
    jcslady2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done!
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Gzuschick wrote: »
    THAT is freaking amazing! Just starting my journey over and have 110lbs to lose. It seems daunting.
    It only seems that way. The trick is to find a diet/food plan you can stick to without feeling miserable. Once you have that, it is merely a matter of willpower and patience, essentially smooth sailing with the occasional adjustment for shrinking energy needs resulting from weight loss.
    You can do this. You really can. I wish you success.
  • 1Blever2
    1Blever2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, it is key to understand that its not a diet but a lifestyle change.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    Options
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    Well done!! You must feel great! Very inspiring.

In 20 days it will be a year for me. Like you I never thought I would be successful but here I am, 60 lbs lighter and only 35 lbs away from my final goal.

Please keep going! So many people want things in a week, or a month, and so on. They think "a year" is too much time in many cases for anything. It will pass anyway, so might as well be passing as a slimmer, healthier, more fit and attractive person, right? ;-) You got this!!
    I completely second that. Whether or not we do something, time passes. We can as well do something useful or not do something harmful, like "not overeating". And, if it takes a year, or two or five, it does not really matter, since that time would have passed anyway.
  • tomthaniel
    tomthaniel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's a fantastic achievement.
  • GeeBee08505
    GeeBee08505 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Many kudos to you!!! I am back on the horse again myself - a positive attitude, and hoping it sticks this time.
  • ElizabethHyg
    ElizabethHyg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post. I needed this reminder to just keep taking one day at a time. One pound at a time. It all adds up in the end. Your post is very realistic in that it averages out to 1-2 pounds a week or so.
  • sandraws
    sandraws Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Good gosh girlie!! That is AMAZING!! Congrats!!
  • BRGking
    BRGking Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • s4807
    s4807 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations. I have started and stopped so many times. This year is different. I am starting the retirement process and have more time to focus on myself. Goals are 50 lbs and get off BP meds. Reading your post helps me know I can do it.....thanks
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    Options
    s4807 wrote: »
    Wow, congratulations. I have started and stopped so many times. This year is different. I am starting the retirement process and have more time to focus on myself. Goals are 50 lbs and get off BP meds. Reading your post helps me know I can do it.....thanks
    I hope you can get off them, but please, don't be too disappointed if/when you can't and don't see it as a reason/excuse to get back up. Overweight and obesity are not good for us regardless of the effect weight loss has on our need for medication. Blood pressure is just one indicator we know, nothing more.
  • FreedomBeans
    FreedomBeans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    VERY impressive. Your honesty was inspirational; you helped not just yourself to a better lifestyle. You motivated others on the same path. Today, YOU are my hero!
  • gracefullyginger
    gracefullyginger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I hope to do the same, because you're right it's a lifestyle not a diet.
  • walnutt1961
    walnutt1961 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations! So inspiring.
  • junelowerob1962
    junelowerob1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    <3 Excellent work and so inspirational.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!