All 5'3-5'4 ladies! Needing Motivation & Support

Options

Replies

• Jlynn0116
    Jlynn0116 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 5'4 and 175lbs, I've been fluctuating from 168-175 for the last couple months, really really committed this time! I got engaged last Christmas and our date is set for Sept 20, 2014 and I'd really like to feel confident on my wedding day. But most importantly I want to be healthy for our little boy, I want to set a good example for him.

My highest weight was 245lbs (2004), dropped down to 150 (lowest weight in 2010), then got pregnant and gained 40lbs, 25 of which I still need to lose.

My goal is 145, just to be in a "healthy/normal" BMI. Though I think back down to 150 would be fine. So funny, when I was 150 I felt so fat... now I'd kill to be back at 150. To quote Andy Bernard " I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.." I will be back 150, oh yes, I will be back!

Feel free to add me! I would love new friends on this journey!
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! I'm 5'4". To the OP, I had a very similar start and goal as you-- I started near 162 and my ultimtae goal is 130. Right now, I'm at 138. I'm on here every day, log faithfully (with the exception of Saturdays and Sundays, which are hit and miss), and love motivating my fellow MFPers!

My strategy has been to cut down portions, plan out my days better/in advance, and MOVE MORE. While I usually go to the gym 3x a week for a mix of cardio and weights, a lot of days just involve me getting off my rear end more. I bought a FitBit Zip just to make me move more. I incorporated a ton of small changes to help out with the desk job laziness, including shunning the elevators, parking farther away, going to far away bathrooms, etc. just to make myself WALK MORE.

I haven't restricted myself much-- or really at all-- and I do tend to be a little bad on the weekends, but not nearly as much as before MFP and getting a good sense of caloric intake.

Feel free to add at will!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'4" and 21 years old! My sw was about 155 and my gw is 130. Currently I'm about 140.
    I have an open diary and a bunch of pictures on my profile. I log every day.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 started MFP on 8/25 at 228, as of yesterday I'm 221 and my ultimate goal is 130.
  • Glitz317
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4 and started last year, fell off and rejoined after having to order my flight attendant uniforms 4 sizes bigger than what has been my consistent normal (I cut the tags so I could live happily in size denial). I knew once I started flying again I would have to work harder at staying fit with the temptation to eat at every airport I have a rest period at during my trips. So, I'm working out, packing my food for trips and I cut out everything white-based carb wise. I'm hypoglycemic anyway so this was a good idea.

My highest weight was 156, I joined at 153 and I'm currently at 133. I want to lose 10 more before I start toning up! Feel free to add me!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    5'3

Highest wt: 242 lbs.
    Started MFP: 235 lbs.

CW: 184
    GW: 150

Love the progress I've made and excited to keep moving along towards my goal!!

ffe74a66-043c-4518-a840-9aa9217860bb_zpsa87b8991.jpg

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'3-5'4 CW 148lbs, I recently quit smoking (just over a month ago) and am finding it tough to keep on track with my eating.

I'm looking for people who log every day too really need the extra support/accountability as I'm not giving up!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'3" and 5'4". I started at 215 and I'm currently 152. I've been logging on MFP every day for over a year now and I keep an open (vegetarian) food diary.

weightloss20_sm.jpg
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'3" and 5'4". I started at 215 and I'm currently 152. I've been logging on MFP every day for over a year now and I keep an open (vegetarian) food diary.

weightloss20_sm.jpg

That dress looks awesome on you. Can I ask where you got it? (I'm the same height, down from 165 to 145 en route to 130-135)
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The dress is from White House Black Market :D
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

weightloss20_sm.jpg

Awesome progress! And I also love the dress, it looks great on you :-)
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    start weight before MFP: 170lb
    start weight with MFP: 155lb.
    I forgot my other log in name so I had to make a new account which I have logged into daily since Dec.26 of 2011.
    CW: 143-145lb. mainly been staying at 145lb even though my lowest was 138lb.

I eat everything in moderation and I know people say to eat "healthy" which I do 80% of the time but if I don't allow myself "processed" foods of some sort I go binge crazy. I was a person who worked out 6 days a week but it really didn't affect me to continue so my weekends are generally my family time with my kids and husband and whatever we may have planned.
    I recently started using dumbbells to start gaining some muscle and possibly change my body comp. I'm trying not to focus so much on my scale anymore but to make sure my clothes fit nicely and lose inches. Feel free to add me..
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my high weight was 215 but I started mfp at 192 in January. I'm down to 169 now and would like to get to 140ish. I lift weights so I tend to lose inches but not many pounds so I don't know what my goal weight is. I have more of a goal size in mind rather than a goal weight.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't have a big success story. I'm 5'3 I joined April of this year. I started at 355 and my last weigh in I was 294, lost 61 pounds so far, and can't wait to lose more. My goal weight is 115-120, but 140 would be a normal weight, so that is what I'm pushing for to be healthy then hit my goal weight.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey, pretty similar to myself! I am 5' 3.5", currently 165 with a goal of 140. I log everyday and while I don't comment on every little thing, I am there when it counts.
  • midnightisolde
    midnightisolde Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4, 18 years old and from the UK. My highest, and starting weight on MFP, was 150lbs. Not massively overweight but not where I wanted to be.

Starting stats:
    Weight - 150lbs
    Bust - 38 inches
    Waist - 32 inches
    Hips - 42 inches

Current stats:
    Weight - 132lbs
    Bust - 36 inches
    Waist - 29.5 inches
    Hips - 39 inches

My main focus is measurements and the 'look' I want (Obviously how I look at the end is partly genetic but my diet and the types of exercises I do will hopefully help). I'm aiming for about 35-26-37 and a kind of ballerina-esque look if possible.

My goal weight is about 112lbs. My original goal weight was 125lbs, but being quite close to it now I think that I can drop it a bit lower. Also, partly because my mum said that she used to weigh about 105lbs and we both have quite small frames, I decided that my ideal weight might be on the lower end of the BMI. But my mum wasn't completely healthy to weigh that as she used to smoke and drink a lot of coffee, hence why I'm not aiming that low. 105lbs would be slightly underweight according to the BMI, although I did find a BMI for children and teenagers which suggested that 105lbs would still be ok considering my height, age and sex. And honestly, being a few pounds underweight is probably not going to kill you, especially for smaller-framed people. I think it's when you are seriously underweight that there is a problem.

As for my diet and exercise routine, I eat about 1200 to 1500 calories a day, depending on how much exercise I do. I mainly do walking, swimming (haven't had a chance to do this yet though - will do when I start at university in a few weeks! :smile: I also do Pilates, the New York City Ballet workout and high intensity interval training (after which I do about half an hour of stretching).
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'll share what I just posted today, my NSV of the day actually: I'm 5'4". My heaviest when I started MFP for the 3rd time was 178 on May 21st. I'm now 151. My initial goal weight is 135. This is what I accomplished and posted today: " I DID IT!!! I ran a 5K with out walking, all by myself!! If someone would have asked me 6 weeks ago if I thought I could run 40 minutes straight, let alone 3.1 miles straight, I would have laughed in their face. I couldn't run .5 miles with out walking. I began MFP (again) at the end of May 43lbs over weight. I began really exercising 6 weeks ago. I am amazed that in just 6 weeks I was able to get myself from off the couch and now to actually say I (eeekk) enjoy (yikes) running. I was smiling today. Granted it was a beautiful 75 degrees and 45% humidity compared to earlier in the week of 92 degrees and 75% humidity. But I digress.... anyway, I did it, I came home and ran a 5K. I can do it. Wow, I can do it!! It's slow, but whatever, I can do it!"

Yup, with consistency, dedication, commitment, and work it can be done. We can do this and reach our goals!

You go girl!!
  • sandramackenzie1
    Options
    Hi ,
    I am 5'1" and 46 years and I have been currently working on my weight, it is a tough road but you can do it! This is a good way of being accountable to yourself and to others.
    Sandra
  • SandyC04
    Options
    5'3 here currently at 175 looking to get down to 145! I started a clean eating diet 4 months ago... It is a lot of work but I'm seeing results not only in weight loss but a healthier me... Feel free to add me!
  • hulamedulla
    hulamedulla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finally broke down and bought a scale today so I can properly track my weight loss... I'm 40, 5'3 and 161 lbs. I must've weighed more when I started MFP 2 weeks ago. My goal weight is 135. I'm exercising 30 mins 6x a week with DDP Yoga, Zumba, and walking. So far the calorie reduction is going ok. Sometimes I'm hungry & cranky so I'm experimenting with heathy snacks like apples and peanut butter. Saturdays are my "eat what I want" days and boy do I. I'm trying to keep my wine consumption to one glass a day during the week but come Friday and Saturday, I find it hard not to have a few... Fridays I try to keep the drinks within my caloric allowance, but Saturdays, not so much.

This is my first post... I'm usually quite shy and lurk more than I post. BUT I think it's time for me to get support and give support so here I am.

Please add me if you like :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!