All 5'3-5'4 ladies! Needing Motivation & Support

Options

Replies

• crin8908
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Anyone! I'm 5'4 with about 75lbs to lose. I'll for sure need motivation!
  • carelis84
    carelis84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 5'3" , my highest ever was near 200 in 2003. I dropped 50 pounds and kept it off since 2005, but have been struggling with the last 15-20 pounds. I would like to stay around 120-130, but want to lose the body fat. I would like to look and feel strong! I just added my progress pics from 140-128, and there isn't much difference in my opinion.

My thing is emotional eating. I always ate for comfort when i was growing up, and continued into adulthood. I'm in this crappy cycle where if i feel bad about myself, i eat, then i feel worse about myself, so i eat some more.... -_-

No more! I can use all the support and encouragement of you ladies! Rock on, sistas!! :D
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently 141. Thinnest- 122 Heaviest- 200. Goal is 125 then I'm gonna "lift heavy". Anyone can add me if they like :)

My stats are pretty close to this. I'm 5'3.75 (hey I count it! lol) and at my heaviest was 294 (EEK!), lowest was 112 or so. I'm currently 137 and working on getting to 128, then 125. At 125 I'm slowly working into maintenance mode and lifting heavy as heck :)
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and currently I weigh 142.
    I am trying to focus on lowering my body fat percentage and building lean muscle mass.
    I would like to be in the 130-135 range.
    Feel free to add me!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Wow...this is the group of friends for me :) I'm 45...5'3" on a good day....I started at 204 in February and I'm down to 151 now and my original goal was 140. The loss is getting slow now that I'm in my "home stretch" but if all is successful I might lower my goal once I hit it but will worry about that when I get to 140 :) I'm happy to support, encourage, and learn from anyone who is similar to me in stats :) FR me and we can do this together !
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    i'm 5'3".....43 years old.....I started at 172lb and at my lowest I was 116lb.......I've starting lifting and I also let things slide just a little and now i'm at 126.8 as of this morning.......the muscle I've been building accounts for a bit of the gain but I also know that I need to get back into the "teens" with the weight....my ultimate goal is to be around 115lb with quite a bit of lean muscle.....my profile pic was taken yesterday.....so if you need inspiration, there it is.....you can do it!!!!!:)....feel free to add me.....i'm on here every single day!!!!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) I'm between 5'3" and 5'4" and have been on MFP for a few years now. Lost alot and was in the best shape of my life up until last fall and that's when my body said ENOUGH and I went into a painful flare up due to rheumatic issues. Sadly, I gained a lot back, but today I'm back...and ready to tackle the mountain again. I'm starting with small goals and decided not to pressure myself if I miss logging in everyday. Just as long as I know I've done something to improve my health today.

You can do this!
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and currently way roughly 60kg (132lb). I started at at 74kg (162) last may. It took me a while to get to my goal weight as I am 41 so the metabolism has slowed down a bit and I have lots of distractions going on in my life so I don't tend to focus closely on weight and exercise.

What I did do is lift weights at least twice a week for the past year which has totally transformed my body composition and body confidence.
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi All:
    I am 5'4" and now around 165. My highest ever!!! Even when I gave birth I was ten pounds less than that - lol!
    My goal is around 130-135.
    How many calories are you all trying to stick to?
    1,200 is sometimes a bit hard, but if I add exercise in it is more doable.
    PS - I absolutely love my wine!
    Add me if you like
    Jackie
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    Im 5'3 1/2. Way back in the day i don't even know my highest wight. I think it was about 175-180. Then i went all the way down to 105 a few years ago. Then up to 129. Now i'm 116 (as of this morning!) heading for 113. I have a somewhat small frame though. But its totally possible. And 10 times easier with MFP. I pretty new but its making my wight loss this time around just a tad bit easier.
  • agcarden1
    agcarden1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, 5'4, currently 150 lbs, Highest weight-165, lowest weight-125. I'm focusing more on just getting healthy/fit, but would love to see the scale eventually hit 135. Feel free to add me!
  • jaimie120
    jaimie120 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well I'm kinda a shorty 5' 2 1'2 does that count? I have been on MFP for a while but have not been very active until 2 weeks ago. I need the accountability for the food I put in my mouth. I started out my journey at 159 lbs on July 24, 2013 and as of this morning I am 150.5 lbs. I had a few weeks in there that were "off the wagon"; camping will get you every time! I have logged in everyday for the past 2 weeks and am starting to see results.

I was always a very healthy person and maintained a healthy weight until 7 years when my family and I relocated to a new community. My entire routine changed, we bought a house out of town, my young children grew into busy young people with places to be, (that takes up my workout time). I also changed my career from a personal trainer to a desk job, wow, watch the pounds pack on there.

I wish you all the success in the world as you all embark on your own journeys. Feel free to add me if you think I can contribute in anyway to motivation and staying on track or if you are a dedicated person that can assist with motivating me on days that I would rather sit down with a great bottle of wonderful red wine and a cheese sampler than work out or eat clean.
  • lisajp70
    Options
    I am 5'3" but at 43 a lot harder for the weight to come off. My goal is 120 so please add me and hopefully we all can motivate each other...
  • Frankii_x
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 5'4 (ok 5'3 and three quarters but I'm going with rounding up!) and currently 1lb heavier than you at 169lbs and goal weight is 1lb less at 144lbs! haha. My biggest weight was 199lbs and I've since run 2 half marathons and too many 10ks! I'm now registered for a survival of the fittest event (a bit like a 10k Tough Mudder) and aiming for another half marathon next year!!

It's slightly weird seeing how similar our weights are/have been! My big aim is that I'm doing 1 half marathon a year for the next 3 years, and if I can get my time below 2 hours then I will be running a marathon the year after :) I'm really setting long term goals for myself because I think it's really important I stick to this. I've been on this journey for 20 months so far!
  • TraceyCKing
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 45 years young. Only started yesterday and currently 143 but aiming for 122. In my younger years I was on 105 and could eat anything I wanted even after my first son was born - 5 years after that went up to 115 which I felt great at but had twins and went to my heaviest which was 161 and have since then struggled to lose. I seem to stick at 143-150. I am determined to lose this time and have started boxercise 3 times a week but am struggling to eat the amount of calories (1200) to lose 1lb a week. Please feel free to add me as motivation and support is always a welcome :happy: :happy:
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 168lbs. I really got motivated after seen a picture of myself that was taken this summer. I've started eating better and exercising and have seen some progress. I am trying to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. My goal is 140 -135.
  • cclarkcts
    Options
    I am a 5'3, 34 year old mother of 3.. highest weight 232 and currently 181... Goal is 140ish. It has taken what seems like FOREVER to get this weight off, but hey... it's coming off and staying off! Add me if you would like. My diary is open to friends and I try to log everything I put into my mouth...I don't eat clean, i just try to stay withing my 1300 calorie a day goal.
  • burlingtongrl
    Options
    I'm 43 as well and I certainly find the weight much harder to get off now. If we keep at it, it will eventually come off. Good luck.
  • burlingtongrl
    Options
    5'4" at 168lbs and sticking to 1200 calories is really hard! I usually do some exercise each day and I try to only eat a 100-200 of those extra calories. Also I have started logging the food in before I eat it and if it's going to be really high, I choose something a lighter. Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • TG683
    TG683 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4 and started last year, fell off and rejoined after having to order my flight attendant uniforms 4 sizes bigger than what has been my consistent normal (I cut the tags so I could live happily in size denial). I knew once I started flying again I would have to work harder at staying fit with the temptation to eat at every airport I have a rest period at during my trips. So, I'm working out, packing my food for trips and I cut out everything white-based carb wise. I'm hypoglycemic anyway so this was a good idea.

My highest weight was 156, I joined at 153 and I'm currently at 133. I want to lose 10 more before I start toning up! Feel free to add me!

I'm 153 now! With a goal of 133 that I am hoping to reach before Christmas! Eating clean, running, going to yoga, going to bootcamp.. just hoping to stay motivated! Have u any motivational tips? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!