What's your favorite season and why?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Winter. It is nice and cool in SoCal, we actually get rain, and I don't have to die while working outside.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Football season!!!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Fall, football season, jeans and a tshirt, leaves changing, cool, crisp mornings.
  • Ytrid
    Ytrid Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Winter I adore Thanksgivings, Christmas, and the the holiday cheer that comes along with Winter, not to mention i like to play in snow and be a big kid sledding, and building snowmen!
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Autumn. Specifically, November. Because by then we can know that Summer is finally going away. In November I can finally wear long pants!!!! Yay!

Wait. Summer goes away? :laugh:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    spring!

it evokes so much happiness in me. winter and the stupid big holidays are in the past, with summer to look forward to just around the corner.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Any season where I can ride. I dread when winter gets here! :(
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Autumn. Specifically, November. Because by then we can know that Summer is finally going away. In November I can finally wear long pants!!!! Yay!

Briefly. Very very briefly. We get Autumn-ish temperatures in November, December, January, and a bit of February. Then Summer comes back.

Officially our seasons are Winter, Spring, Pre-Summer, Summer, Monsoon, Post-Summer, Autumn, Winter again.

In reality, it's Intense-Autumn, Hint-O-Spring, Pre-Summer, Allergy, Summer, Monsoon, 2nd Summer, Post-Summer, Allergy, Light-Autumn, Intense-Autumn again.
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I like Autumn. In my area the days are very warm and chili at night. Just perfect!
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fall! The leaves are gorgeous and the weather is perfect, I'm a total wimp when it comes to temperature extremes. I knit a lot, so I get to wear all of my pretty hand knit things. Plus all of the delicious seasonal cinnamon and pumpkin flavored treats come out, yum!
  • LaserOctopus
    Options

Briefly. Very very briefly. We get Autumn-ish temperatures in November, December, January, and a bit of February. Then Summer comes back.

Officially our seasons are Winter, Spring, Pre-Summer, Summer, Monsoon, Post-Summer, Autumn, Winter again.

In reality, it's Intense-Autumn, Hint-O-Spring, Pre-Summer, Allergy, Summer, Monsoon, 2nd Summer, Post-Summer, Allergy, Light-Autumn, Intense-Autumn again.

Awesome, lol. Monsoon suggests AZ/NM - I have had the misfortune of living in Phoenix, didn't like it, though some of the other desert areas are actually quite lovely. Here, we get summer and slightly-less-summer, but they could just as easily be labelled: it's hot, it's *really* hot, it's a hundred and HOW many?, what is a red air quality warning?, what's on fire today?, why is it still so hot?, at least it's finally cooled off enough at night to sleep now, ye gods does it ever end?, it's actually not that bad out today, was that a raindrop?, Tule fog, and how is it summer again already?
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Awesome, lol. Monsoon suggests AZ/NM - I have had the misfortune of living in Phoenix, didn't like it, though some of the other desert areas are actually quite lovely. Here, we get summer and slightly-less-summer, but they could just as easily be labelled: it's hot, it's *really* hot, it's a hundred and HOW many?, what is a red air quality warning?, what's on fire today?, why is it still so hot?, at least it's finally cooled off enough at night to sleep now, ye gods does it ever end?, it's actually not that bad out today, was that a raindrop?, Tule fog, and how is it summer again already?

Good job! Tucson. I hate Phoenix with a burning passion, avoid it like the plague. But I love Tucson. All except for August. August is misery wrapped in agony. Raindrops are little tiny rare pieces of joy.
  • LaserOctopus
    Options
    Good job! Tucson. I hate Phoenix with a burning passion, avoid it like the plague. But I love Tucson. All except for August. August is misery wrapped in agony. Raindrops are little tiny rare pieces of joy.

Tuscon is *definitely* a lot nicer than Phoenix, no question. But I would not be surprised to learn that you're also still in the 100s right now... I live in that extra-scorching part of my own (temporary) state, that super-hot band that runs from Death Valley (only 129 this summer!) and parts of the Mojave, up through Bakersfield and Fresno (also hit the 120s this summer), and through to Sacramento (where I believe the high was only about 118).
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Fall for three reasons:

- Football
    - Beer
    - Halloween
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Fall - for all the reasons posted previously, plus, in October, you have football, baseball and hockey :-)
  • missa3428
    Options
    Fall and Winter!! As it really isnt a normal fall just better thant 100+ and winter is like 40-60 here and I love it!!! I just hate getting sick!!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    rabbit season followed closely by duck season
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Football season
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Football season
    Mine, too.