LESS Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2023 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    mfowler883 wrote: »
    AF tonight, eating better and slowly getting back on track.

Took a massive chunk off of my finger after using new sharpening stones I picked up at SMKW to put my old Calphalon Katana knives back in shape. It's awesome when they're properly sharp. I took the first one done down to the kitchen sink to wash it and put it away and shwippp, the nerves in my finger all stood up and said WHAT WAS THAT? Look down and wait for the blood to come, just thinking I'm glad it wasn't deeper...

-m

Ouch!!! I’ve sliced open my fingers not once but twice while handling knives, so I literally feel your pain!!!!!
  • Womona
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @MissMay

Spectacular photos!!! Do you have an actual camera or were those taken with your phone?
    So lovely.

OMG Dawn thank you for the hilarious laugh from those vids. How can you not like that dude, right?
    Take care of that ankle if you go skating. YEESH!

My husband's Uncle has an amazing fancy huge camera and he was showing me how to use it the other night and those are the photos I snapped with it. Any other time the photos are just from my phone camera.

The photos are absolutely beautiful!!!! Nice work!
  • Womona
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    As always great to hear from you. What no tennis lately? LOL

I’m still playing! I have a drill once per week, and my winter league finishes up in 2 weeks. We got our butts soundly kicked last week!
  • Womona
    Options
    @joans1976 I think it’s totally normal to want to reach for a drink when things around you are out of your control- which is why we are all here!!!! It is hard to resist when we just want to numb out. But, you’ve been doing so great cutting way back on alcohol despite all you’ve been through lately. So, kudos to you!!! And hugs!!! Hope you get good results from your MRI and CT scans.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    Well broke my alcohol rule this week. Went for beer and lunch yesterday afternoon. Stopped at 2 so that is good. But last night, I face planted into a bag of rolo's, butter mints and cheese puffs. ... as I drank mocktails. Go figure?
    My body is sore from working out Monday and Tuesday. Taking two weeks off may have not been a good idea.

ok going to scoot

Look on the bright side lmlmrn

"Soreness is just weakness leaving the body" as my old Troop Sergeant used to say :D

(Mind you it was a lot easier to buy that line in my 20s as apposed to pushing 50 LOL)
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Some of the highlights of my collection of assorted stabby cutty things:

xudix6giik2b.jpg
    Top row, left to right:
    Boker Applegate-Fairbairn Combat II; Ontario SP-6 Spec Plus Fighter
    Middle row, left to right:
    CRKT Folts Minimalist Cleaver in D2; CRKT Folts Minimalist Bowie; CRKT Folts Minimalist Keramin; Microtech Ultratech D/E stonewash; Benchmade Phaeton; Benchmade Barrage first production 402 of 1000; Benchmade Mini Barrage
    Bottom row, left to right:
    Kamp King from ebay; Kamp King from Dad; Boker Kalashnikov 74 auto that has seen better days but was my EDC for years; Small fixed blade by Mookooman Inini, a.k.a. Ed Wzientek, found in a tourist trap in Williams, AZ

The stuff that keeps the stabby cutty things stabby cutty:

3ut6umr18z80.jpg
    Top row:
    Sharpie pen and loupe for checking bevels, 4-sided diamond block for lapping stones and setting bevels, soft Arkansas, hard Arkansas, surgical Arkansas, a ridiculously hard mystery stone that I've had for ages, homemade wood backed leather strop with green compound. (Food grade mineral oil for the Arkansas stones)
    Bottom row:
    Mystery stone that lives in my toolbox for quick and dirty touch-ups, small fine diamond block, and Dad's coticule.

Today, I'll try to get some of the better shots from the TN trip. First few days back have been chaotic and I haven't even touched the camera.

-m
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    January accountability: 6 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (16 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 20-25 AF days this month. I usually target 12-16 AF days each month which is usually a challenge … hitting 20 days since DH backed out of his dry January commitment is definitely influencing me to join him on weekdays I had not planned when setting the goal. Going for it anyway!

1/12 - 3 drinks ; 2 wine + 1 bourbon & coke - Dining out with friends we’ve not seen in 30 years.