JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/23/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies) and no more of the cookies from the picnic (gave to DH).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/17)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 8/24✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/21). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/18)✔️
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Snappeas ok today (no more than 2 servings).✔️Didn't eat today
    JFT for 8/24/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies) and no more of the cookies from the picnic (gave to DH).
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/23)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 8/24
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/23). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Snappeas ok today (no more than 2 servings).

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    @pridesabtch
    Coping with a bereavement, empty nest, and a new job at the same time isn’t easy. It’s not surprising that some things slip, but you can do this. Just focus on one day at a time. And lean on us.

What a lovely comment, couldn't agree more x
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/24/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies) and no more of the cookies from the picnic (gave to DH).
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 8/24
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/23). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)
    13) Snappeas ok today (no more than 2 servings).
    14) Can have lunch early due to lunch meeting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat the rest of my lunch until after my first meeting.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. I can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited August 2023
    JFT Friday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Elliptical if possible. Can't bike to school until I have room for the bike in the room. Check that all files have transferred.
    2. Check on field trip forms. Reply to student emails about late work. Enter grades.
    3. In class: Begin with NRI practice. Video games story. ROL from Pinned. Continue NRI practice, then NRI quiz. After, fill out graphic organizer with at least 20 details.
    4. Planning - Enter grades. Meet with Ss with significant behavior markers. Mark which caregivers have replied to emails and which have been sent but not replied to. Send welcome email to caregivers with email in system.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Craft booklets for gift. Need to pick up frame with mat and booklet covers; take pens to rehearsal.
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before???
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations!
    8. Evening: Rehearsal. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to rs testing to after primary visit so it doesn't get mis-billed AGAIN. Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to turn in receipts. Need to return/renew library books. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Honestly I would also like to re-craft my school necklace and make a few bracelets with round beads. And I need to head in a little early once my bulletin board is mounted and we get the car back so that I can shoot my new-room video. Need to make caregiver calls based on absences.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 200.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. Tonight is opening night and I'm SO TIRED. And then I have commitments in ADDITION to my performances over the weekend. I've never looked forward to a Monday as much as I am the one that's coming up, because I am going to go home after school and DO NOTHING.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/24/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies) and no more of the cookies from the picnic (gave to DH).✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/23)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 8/24✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/23). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Snappeas ok today (no more than 2 servings).✔️
    14) Can have lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 8/25/2023 (today)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 8/28
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/23). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)
    13) No snappeas ok today (no more than 2 servings)(last 8/24).
    14) Can have coffee early due to doctor appt.

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited August 2023
    JFT for 8/25/2023 (today)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 8/28✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/23). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)✔️
    13) No snappeas ok today (no more than 2 servings)(last 8/24).✔️
    14) Can have coffee early due to doctor appt.✔️

JFT for 8/25/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)
    13) Snappeas ok today (no more than 2 servings)(last 8/24).
    14) Can have dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at restaurant.

Sample

• more_freggies76
    edited August 2023
    JFT for 8/26/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    14) Can have dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at restaurant.

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until early dinner with FIL. Can have what I want at restaurant. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/26/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies) and no more of the cookies from the picnic (gave to DH).✔️Had some for my dessert, but "asked" first!
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 8/28✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)✔️Didn't eat today
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)✔️
    13) Snappeas ok today (no more than 2 servings)(last 8/24).✔️Didn't eat today
    14) Can have dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at restaurant.✔️

JFT for 8/27/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/25). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my watermelon, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,445 Member
    Sierra ran her Spartan Race this weekend. I managed my first full week of my new training plan. Eating was still off, but I got my workouts in. The workouts weren't much, but they were difficult for me. I think this week, I will work on the eating a little more. I brought food with me to work today which is the first step for me. When I don't eat at work during the day, I binge when I get home. I can do better.

JFT Monday
    - Work by 7:30
    - Morning meetings
    - Log food
    - Protein bar for breakfast
    - Bar for lunch
    - More meetings
    - Prep for Tuesday meetings
    - 40 minute training run/walk - I'm too fat to run, but I can still push my heart rate.
    - Dinner at home
    - Bed early

Here are some fun photos of Sierra and the family from her race this weekend. The Spear Throw isn't the best image, but dang, look at her muscles!
    hpusb1mfj75l.jpg
    ahbjx3cbeynd.jpg
    nwdc2lrgmifi.jpg
    erurukh0f3kn.jpg
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Sleep as much as possible.
    2. Check on field trip forms. Reply to student emails about late work. Enter grades.
    3. In class: Begin with independent reading. Log. Review incorrect/correct answers on story; complete next story. Closer: NRI Diagnostic w/THAMOs.
    4. Planning - Enter grades. Meet with Ss with significant behavior markers. Mark which caregivers have replied to emails and which have been sent but not replied to. Send welcome email to caregivers with email in system. Call caregivers RE absences.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Craft booklets for gift. WHERE ARE MY PENS?
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before???
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations!
    8. Evening: Rehearsal. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to rs testing to after primary visit so it doesn't get mis-billed AGAIN. Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to turn in receipts. Need to return/renew library books. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Honestly I would also like to re-craft my school necklace and make a few bracelets with round beads. And I need to head in a little early once my bulletin board is mounted and we get the car back so that I can shoot my new-room video. Need to review student reading logs!!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 201.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. Definitely going to relax after school today. Need to pay closer attention to what I'm eating and why. Hopefully things will begin to calm down ... fingers crossed!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.