G'Day from Down Under!

Options
I just discovered this site and I love it! I live on Bribie Island in Australia.

I am retired and have been off and on diets since I was 8 years old. I have learned a lot about myself and nutrition. When I was 14 I developed my own diet and lost 20 lbs in two weeks! But we all know you can't keep that up.

I have set myself a goal to loose 30 lbs. I have lost the same 30 lbs twice in the last two years.

I think this site will become my forever home where I can loose it permanently and then attack the other 30 lbs I would like to loose!

I would like to find a buddy or group to support each other. Let's do this and let's have fun doing it together!

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal!
  • gymfevr
    gymfevr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxanne,
    Like you, I have dieted since I was 8 or 9. Maintenance is harder than the actual "diet". I had done very well until October. A series of dinner parties, vacations, holidays, and birthdays threw me into an eating free-for-all. My fault, but I gained 8 lbs in 3 months. Reality hit when I finally forced myself back onto the scale. I was actually happy it was only a gain of 8 lbs!

I am back on MFP and it is a tremendous help in keeping me "honest" about everything I consume. Feel free to drop me a note to let me know how you are doing!