Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 212

Options

Replies

• fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    @Skyleen75 My late MIL was a food pusher. Sometimes it’s really hard to resist. Small portions, you can do this!

@deepwoodslady Avoid anything ending in -ose. Regarding monk fruit . . .
    @amnu_co and @fmfdfa2020 I bought my first monk fruit liquid sweetener last week because the store quit carrying their own brand of liquid stevia. Flavored liquid stevia was about $13 for 2 oz but you use so little that lasts a very long time. I use it in one or more cups of coffee. The monk fruit flavored liquid (2 oz for under $5) takes about 4 times as much to achieve the same sweetness and flavor. I guess I’ll be searching on Amazon. Just MHO and experience.

@Kayjay1960 I am a bread-aholic. I knew I had to not eat as much of it because it triggers an insulin response that requires frequent “doses” of bread! Going low carb-keto is what works for me and I have also figured out that large amounts of “good” carbs (such as fiber) are not good for me.

@quiltingjaine Thanks for giving your experience with each. I haven't tried stevia either, so will give both a try and see if they do the trick.
  • fmfdfa2020
    Options
    @sheilaboneham LOL-not sure I would call myself a “writer?” I wrote

T
    @sheilaboneham LOL-not sure I would call myself a “writer?” I wrote my father’s life story (mainly for my siblings), I wrote a children’s book about my dad’s family on the Oregon Trail (for my grandchildren and nieces and nephews). I wrote my great grandfather’s life story as told by my father as a young boy (again for my family)

This story is different-it is ALSO a TRUE story-but NOT about my family. It is a minister (Rev. George Jones Adams) who in the 1860’s conned people that he was a religious leader chosen by God to take them to Jaffa for the second coming. Since the families have loaned me their family diaries and letters-I am doing it for them. Once done, I will send copies to the historical centers near the locations plus provide it free on a facebook site I set up for them.

I will take your advice and pace myself. It is hard as I get tied up in the research. I promised the families I would get this done six months ago.

@Machias1949 OMG, how wonderful of you to have documented all this for your family! And in such a cool way by writing a children's book about your dad's family, and also writing your great grandfather's life story told by your father as a young boy. They must be so grateful, not to mention future generations.

The book you're writing of the true story sounds so interesting as well.

When I was researching/documenting my family's history, I was obsessed with finding my great grandmother who died in her 20's in the 1890's and no one knew anything about her. It was so exciting every time I would find something about her, and most importantly, I was able to tell my mother before she passed.

Good luck on finishing your book.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,838 Member
    Options
    @staceymcmd Get on your scale with something heavy - like 5 or 10#, then reweigh yourself. Maybe your scale is having a brain fart. 😁
  • fmfdfa2020
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I was part of this challenge a while back, and was glad to see it's still around (thank you @quiltingjaine! <3 ) In June, I was diagnosed with a serious medical illness. I had surgery with great results! I stress-ate like there was no tomorrow, and didn't exercise at all. I'm back to just 6 pounds from my heaviest. I'm having a hard time getting back to my healthy ways. This forum helped me before so I'm back, not just for the accountability but because how kind and supportive everyone is to each other.

Goal this round:
    Do NOT eat sugar or white flour. These are my downfall. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Start back rowing/walking/weights. Eat healthy. Drink 80oz water each day.

01/21 - Start Weight: 180.2

Round 212
    01/22 - 177.9 - As I've gained weight this time, I've gotten closer and closer to the 180's and hitting 180 yesterday, I hope, jerked me awake. My plan was never to see that number again (and for that matter, I never "planned" to see any of the numbers I've seen, who does, right? ;)) . Anyway, yesterday was a really good day, finally! I did as I have done every day, which is eat healthy and keep my calories in check for the entire day, but all other days, I've ended up bingeing in the evening. Yesterday, I did NOT. Yay! Getting thru a day where I was in control and not my sugar-craving self was wonderful! Happy Sunday everyone, and for those who watch - football!!

01/23 - 177.2 (weighed later than my normal time) - Second day on track. Need to up the amount of water I'm drinking - only drank a little over 40oz each of the last 2 days. I rode the stationary bike yesterday for a whole 10 mins, but you have to start somewhere. I haven't exercised since my surgery in June. My exercise today is snow shoveling. I shoveled once already and another round is coming in this afternoon. We have a 600ft driveway (no, not shoveling it LOL). We have a plow but there are all the side doors, sidewalk, getting out to my workshop, etc. I could use the snow blower but sometime it's easier just to grab a shovel and it burns lots of calories!

01/24 - 178.5 - Perfectly normal to fluctuate but too many carbs/salt doesn't help. I did not have any sugar or white flour yesterday, which is great. I am very happy about that! However, I'm trying to make up for the lack of these with too many other carbs. For some reason the carb I've chosen to eat too much of is grits. I haven't really eaten grits that often since I was a kid growing up in Georgia. I know it's just my body craving the white flour and sugar. I also have been adding too much salt. Recognizing I'm doing this is the first step, now I'll adjust. More snow shoveling today. Yay! ;)

01/25 - 178.7 - B)

01/26 - DNW

01/27 - 178.5 - I thought I would be up after over indulging for my 26th wedding anniversary <3 . It may catch up with me tomorrow. That's okay. What I'm proud of is that I still had no sugar/flour. I already don't eat hardly any processed foods, so to keep sugar in my life, it takes an effort from me to literally add it or to buy something sweet. I've had nothing sweet in my house for months except sugar. I had been adding way more than I want to admit to my hot tea that I would drink all day (I'm originally from the Georgia, where sweet tea is like syrup :/ ). That stopped 6 days ago! The first days are the hardest, and I'm so glad to be past them. I love drinking hot tea in the winter. I need to slowly learn to enjoy it without sugar.

01/28 - 179.1 - Okay, anniversary is over even though I still ate more than I should have yesterday. I look at the days up to now as a short period of time of me watching what I'm eating more than how much. Now that I'm past the ultra-craving stage of no sugar/flour, it's time I work harder on the "how much" (calories, water, exercise). I haven't hit 80oz of water yet so today is the day. I've been shoveling snow, but today I start rowing again. And lastly, I'm shooting for 1200 to 1400 calories.

01/29 - DNW - I got up around 4am. I couldn't sleep. I drank lots of water, so skipped weighing. Yesterday was a good day. 64oz of water - not 80oz, but better. Rowed 20 mins. Calories 1460. Keeping it going today! Looking forward to watching playoffs today. I'm learning to enjoy something without it having to be wrapped around food. No unhealthy snacks today.

01/30 - 179.1 - 10th day off sugar/flour - I just need to keep increasing the water, increasing the exercise, adding more vegetables, and reducing calories by keeping carbs low - it WILL drop eventually! B)

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    180s / 170s / 160s / 150s / 140s /

Long-term Tracking: Weight / No Sugar or White Flour / H20 / Exercise / Calories
    1/21 - 180.2 / None / 48oz / Walked
    1/22 - 177.9 / None / 48oz / Rode Bike
    1/23 - 177.2 / None / 48oz / Snow Shoveled
    1/24 - 178.5 / None / 40oz / Snow Shoveled
    1/25 - 178.7 / None / 40oz / Snow Shoveled
    1/26 - DNW / None / ? oz (not enough) / / None
    1/27 - 178.5 / None / ? oz (not enough) / / None
    1/28 - 179.1 / None / 64oz / / Rowed 20 mins / 1460
    1/29 - DNW / None / 48oz / Stationary Bike/Rowed - 20 mins / 1479
    1/30 - 179.1
  • fmfdfa2020
    edited January 2023
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    I am feeling vey emotional typing this, there were times 2.5 years ago that I doubted I would ever say that when he was so ill. Yet again I am so thankful to the brave family that donated their loved one's liver to save our little brave lion's life and the marvellous NHS. I hope that they also get a little comfort from the fact that a very important part of her still lives on in a very independent, larger than life personality of a delightful 3 year old, 2 and a half years on from their very sad loss.
    c2btv3xvddjx.

Celebrations all around! On the 22nd we celebrated 2 years post transplant for our little MiracleMan! It's so good to hear your little big man is doing well and he looks so good! Happiest of birthdays with your stunning smile!! Seeing him so happy and healthy looking makes my heart beyond happy

Our donors are Angels on Earth <3 I'm thankful for our donor as well as yours. I hope they all know how loved and appreciated they are.

@musicsax and @CamandJarvis - Happy birthday to your little one @musicsax. <3 I can't imagine what your little ones, and both of you, and your families went thru, and so happy for you that now 2 years and 2.5 years later, you are both celebrating with your little ones. And as @CamandJarvis said, donors are truly Angels on Earth!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @musicsax wow reading about your DGS sent me on an emotional ride. I am so relieved for your family. I can only imagine going through a child’s life-threatening health issues ❤️❤️

• fmfdfa2020
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham As requested
    ztacfpttpnuh.png

This so funny. I laughed when I read @SheilaBoneham post today, and laughed again when I saw this.
    @quiltingjaine - do you draw these?
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham what a gorgeous wrap!! I can’t seem to finish any knitting these days. Definitely good for keeping fingers too busy to snack though!
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    ....I am back.

Welcome back! You've been missed.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine I too need a kick in the pants, I have been feeling so sorry for myself!

@_JeffreyD_ Welcome back! 💥 I am also back, as of 2 or 3 rounds ago!