Hiya!

Options
SW: 240 lbs
GW: 150
The pandemic brought me 80 pounds (over the course of 3 years) and a lot of struggling with self-image. It took me a while to understand that trying to go back to old ways weren’t going to work for this new “era”, so here I am. I do have a question: how in the world did 6000+ steps earn me another 2300 calories?!? That’s absurd, or feels like it. My Garmin is connected so I don’t know if that’s affecting it. TIA!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

It's great you're making changes from "old ways" that aren't working.

There seems to be an issue right now with the website. On my main page, it shows I have "earned" an extra nearly 2,000 calories from exercise today, and like you my only "exercise" is steps logged on a Garmin device. There's some kind of glitch. I submitted a support ticket, and the folks who run the site are aware and looking in to it.

The good news is if you go to your food diary instead of the main page, it should have the right information. Mine says I earned 206 calories, which makes a lot more sense. Check that out. Soon it should be fixed.

In the meantime, just keep sticking to it. Take it slow; it took you three years to gain the weight. It won't take you three years to take it off, but don't try to go too fast. Even if you lose "just" one pound per week, a year from now you will have lost a majority of that extra weight.

• PCOS_Cyster
    PCOS_Cyster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck in your weight loss journey. I also gained around 70 pounds over covid. I lost around 5 pounds since Jan 1.

I would love to be friends with you! I just sent a friend request.
  • TeamCap12
    TeamCap12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight over COVID and picked up a lot of bad habits that I am trying to break. Like snacking even when not hungry, just because. Also, working from home and having only a few steps form bed to my desk has cut down on any movement I once had when I went into the office. I did buy a treadmill and bike to help me move more, so I am hoping that helps. Feel free to friend me if you want some encouragement and motivation.
  • HumanoidTowers
    HumanoidTowers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Ella. Similar struggles here and the struggle with self-image started many many moons ago so I hear you! Well done for showing up xx