My Story So Far...

Options
SW: 220lbs
CW: 167lbs
GW: 134lbs
Height: 5'7

Hi all,

I started my journey at my largest in 2015, but I've spent all of my 20s obese or overweight. Prior to that I was nice and slim during my teenage years. I went from 220lbs to 196lbs gradually without necessarily trying over a few years.
I've always struggled with my mental health and have been hospitalised many times due to it. I'm finally beginning to realise my triggers and warning signs so in November '22 I decided that I'd do everything in my power to improve that. I started going to the gym at least 4 times a week, strength training only because cardio is my idea of hell and I started to eat better. I now have 3 meals a day, no snacks and prioritise protein. I allow myself a weekly treat but ensure to maintain a weekly deficit.

Healthy body = healthy mind, right?

I've now formed a habit and look forward to the gym, mealtimes and my weekly treat. I've never been this dedicated before and my main motivation was mental wellness, not weight loss. Weight loss isn't a priority when you're feeling that low, but if I'm honest it's a welcome by-product of my efforts. I decided to track everything recently and I've set myself a goal to have a BMI of 21 but the goalposts may be moved depending on how my body looks.

I'm 29 this year and its looking more likely than ever that I'll enter my 30s at an ideal weight and shape, and my mental health has improved! I'm not "fixed" by any stretch of the word but there's been a marked improvement.

I have lost 53lbs total since 2015, 29lbs since November 2022 and I have 33lbs to go to my goal. On my current trajectory of a 2.2lbs loss per week I should be at a healthy BMI by Valentines and reach my goal by the start of May! Who knows, I may even post a before and after in the 'Success Stories' forum.

Friend requests welcome :smiley:

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

It sounds like you're off to a good start in designing the new you. May you continue your success!
  • clairrob
    clairrob Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Welcome!

It sounds like you're off to a good start in designing the new you. May you continue your success!

Thank you so much, I’m determined to meet my goals!
  • HumanoidTowers
    HumanoidTowers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well done for showing up for yourself and congrats on your weightloss so far!