IF(currently 20:4 mostly) and sporadic EF, with lower carbs, crossfit/lifting plus long distance wal

Options
Hi all, I have been intermittent fasting for several years now, though in the last couple of years struggled with having shorter eating windows....so I did a lot of 2mad with a 6-7 hrs window. That said, I've recently fallen into a 20:4 pattern with some days of 2mad (without limiting time) to fit my life.

I am training to walk my second marathon (last was in 2020 when I was much fitter). I also love lifting (barbells mostly) and crossfit but am only slowly making my way back to a consistent gym routine.

I rejoined MFP to focus on consistency, track patterns, and to find a community of like minded people who want to support each other on their journeys. I am aiming to lose 50+ pounds (maybe as much as 70) but anticipate slow but hopefully steady changes.

If that sounds like something you can relate to (even just some of it), feel free to add me with a note that you read my comment. Looking forward to connecting with some people on here!

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,995 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just wanted to stop by your thread, welcome you to the MFP Community, and wish you well.

Have you taken a look at any of the exercise or weight loss challenges over in that part of the Community? Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

There are many different options there. You can read the intro posts, see if there's something that seems like a good fit for you. Those can be a great way to engage with the Community and find like-minded people to become MFP friends.

Speaking of myself, I didn't IF to lose weight, and while I'm active, I do very different activities from you (mostly on-water rowing, machine rowing when I must instead, some paved trail and stationary cycling). I'm now still maintaining weight here, after losing 50-some pounds nearly 8 years ago. I'm kind of inactive on the MFP friend side of things (more of a Community forum gal, I guess), so don't send friend requests but do accept them.

It sounds like you have many building blocks for success, but are working now on putting them together in a way that best helps you reach your weight, health and fitness goals. MFP was a great tool for me on the eating side of things especially, and I hope it'll be a good tool for your toolkit, too.

Wishing you much success!
  • naghmemorlock
    naghmemorlock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the thoughtful message! I really appreciate it!