Just moved here from Noom-land

Hello! My name is Bill, I am 59 and live in the San Francisco Bay area with my wife in our now-empty nest. I’ve had success on my journey, but have slipped a bit and looking to drop 15 pounds. I am fairly active and ride my bike several times a week. Looking for a supportive, positive community and love to encourage others. I would like to connect with any other riders, especially if you are a Strava user.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,126 Member
    Hi Bill,

Welcome to Community!

If you're looking for a family of friends, maybe you'll be interested in a group I'm involved with called Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off!

It's a friendly and welcoming group that's been active since 2016. Click on the above link and then click the "JOIN" button. It may take a little while for someone to approve your request, but it will be approved.

We do some ongoing challenges and try to have a fun special challenge each week. The only requirement are to set some weight goals for the end of each quarter and then to post a weekly weigh-in on a related spreadsheet "Google" document.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Hello... I came from Noom awhile back as well. Welcome former Noomer. I have found the community here to be positive and helpful. Good luck continuing your journey...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Hi, Bill, and welcome to the MFP Community!

With your interests, you might want to go over to the Challenges part of the Community and look at some of the cycling challenges, see what suits you. There tend to be other Strava-ites in those challenges, seems like.

Direct link to that part of the Community here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

I'm only a casual cyclist (on my off days from on-water rowing, my real sport), so not a Strava user, and kind of a sub-par MFP friend (more of a Community gal, I guess), but there are some very nice cyclists around here of all levels of seriousness about cycling. I'm sure you'll fit right in!

Best wishes!
  • billbiggers06
    billbiggers06 Posts: 50 Member
    Thank you all or the encouraging and positive responses.