February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    Nice running @Laurz9191 !

Great speedy run today. Sorry it wasn't enjoyable though. I hope you enjoy your sleasy runs. As for the cardiologist, I'm just glad they are taking me seriously. I hear so many horror stories of people, especially women, being dismissed by the doctors as overreacting or just stress, or something. I guess the fact that I had aneurysm surgery has helped them take me seriously. I am doing a lot better now, so it may have been something that flared up and went away. Who knows. I'll just feel a lot better if I know nothing serious is going on.

@martaindale So glad you had your perfect weather for the run today. I would have been on the treadmill for sure. 🤣
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    I have a hard time getting the strength training in at home and seem to only do it if I am at the gym, so I guess that means I either need to go the the gym more often or hold myself more accountable when I can't leave the house...

I struggle with this too. I used to rock climb regularly but my husband has basically stopped going as have the little group I used to climb with when he wasn't there so it just isn't as fun anymore. I signed up to try out a reformer pilates class at a local studio. I am terrible at home workouts (aside from running) and I have quickly lost interest every time I tried traditional weight lifting strength training. I'm hoping the interactive class setup will keep me going back and actually incorporating strength training. I know I need to be doing a better job.
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    The weather here was cold, wet, and windy. I went to the track to do my intervals and used lane 2 because lane 1 was full of water. No one else was there. I had the whole stadium to myself.

I sort of love crappy weather. Those of you who have been here for a while may remember @7lenny7 who loves crappy weather more than anyone I know! I'm not quite to that point, but I do love running in what most people would consider crappy weather. Give me rain, mist, even a little sleet as long as the roads aren't icy. It was like that this morning here and I saw 1 other runner guy that I see pretty frequently. I love having the neighborhood to myself!

I identify with this a lot! Give me rain, mist, cold... strong wind I rather dislike but still prefer it to the heat of summer. Having said that, sleet, ice and snow are not something I tend to have to try and run in, so that could be different 🤣
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

@Laurz9191 That comment I made was actually meant for @tarun_yadavA . :lol: I'm not sure why his name didn't come up. Sorry for the confusion, but hearing your story was interesting. I'm sure that was very embarrassing for you in high school. I would have been devastated.

@quilteryoyo I can totally see how you'd get @Laurz9191 and I mixed up... We do look kinda...

JOKE.
    😂

PS: Happy heavenly birthday to your Dad.

@Laurz9191 - thank you! At the "let's just get this done" phase now.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @tarun_yadavA ! Thanks for the birthday wishes for dad. Great speedy taper run today. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

Thanks @Laurz9191 . Nice running today. I am one of those who don't mind getting caught out in the rain when running, but I don't think I have ever actually went out to run when it was raining already. :wink:
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @JennieMaeK You're making good progress! Keep it up.
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

I felt so stiff today. Next couple of days will be bitter here in NY, so I may just stick to yoga.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    Still no run for me. It was a little warmer today but still rainy. I don't think it got as bad here as it did for @Scott6255. But it has been icy and not good for running outside. I am hoping to run tomorrow, but we will see. Even if we don't get any more precipitation, if it is still wet it may be icy in the morning and I may just have to try later in the day or even wait until Saturday.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    It's been cold and wet every day this week. We finally got a break yesterday so I met a friend after work and we ran 5 miles. Not used to all the traffic at that time of day. Big difference between 5 am and 5 pm! This morning I walked on the treadmill for 3.10 miles followed by 15 minutes of yoga.