50 year old lady needs to lose 50lbs!!

Options
2»

Replies

• CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Keri, and starting again. My hubby and I are going to try weight watchers, 1st time he has really wanted to try anything. I'm excited and hope that we will stick with it. I'm 195 goal 150, and I'm 53 years old. My nest is almost empty, and I'm the main caretaker of my Mom who lives with us.

I'm hoping to find an accountability partner that is willing to share experiences, recipes, and help each other to stay on the wagon! :smile:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,967 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Individual motivation must come from within without fanfare, it's just the realization that nothing good is going to come from not making an effort for change.

Yeah, age effects everyone to different degrees. We produce less sex hormones like testosterone and estrogen, HGH human growth hormone, IGF-1 growth factor and our VO2 max and heart rate generally decreases and if it's a person that doesn't exercise and stress our musculature we begin to lose muscle leading to less strength, flexibility and endurance and our bones shrink and become less dense which leaves us susceptible to fractures. All of this is very taxing and frustrating and can for the vast majority of people lead to weight gain and from there that insidious propensity for weight gain leading to chronic inflammation and the pathway to declining health and decreased longevity which takes a very big toll on our mental health and well being.

I'm rooting for you. cheers.

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,967 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Keri, and starting again. My hubby and I are going to try weight watchers, 1st time he has really wanted to try anything. I'm excited and hope that we will stick with it. I'm 195 goal 150, and I'm 53 years old. My nest is almost empty, and I'm the main caretaker of my Mom who lives with us.

I'm hoping to find an accountability partner that is willing to share experiences, recipes, and help each other to stay on the wagon! :smile:

I hear WW have free foods, don't believe it. Cheers.
  • rebecca_livinghealthy
    Options
    How's it going for you @kickbox3 There are quite a few threads/groups with those just like you. Hope you get the chance to take a look. You can do this.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    How's it going for you @kickbox3 There are quite a few threads/groups with those just like you. Hope you get the chance to take a look. You can do this.

She hasn’t visited the site again since the day she posted. Sad. How’s it going for you, Rebecca?
  • rebecca_livinghealthy
    Options
    It's going well, thanks for asking @springlering62 Took me a bit to find my footing & get a lot of the things I thought I wanted from community (from once upon a time) out of my head & recognize those aspects that are truly helpful for me in moving forward; which has been extremely freeing
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    It's going well, thanks for asking @springlering62 Took me a bit to find my footing & get a lot of the things I thought I wanted from community (from once upon a time) out of my head & recognize those aspects that are truly helpful for me in moving forward; which has been extremely freeing

I’m curious. Could you explain what you expected versus what you ended up taking away?

I see posts from people asking for “motivation” and sigh to myself, “you’re not going to be motivated by reading a screen”.

For me, it was learning from those who’d gone before me. And if I had a weight loss “panic attack”, I could ask any question, no matter how stupid, and for the most part get kind, informative, and helpful answers from them.

To me, the boards are like a rolling book of knowledge, people come and go, but the knowledge base keeps building.