Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 214

Options

Replies

• CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,041 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady First let me say that in my opinion, that dietitian has it all wrong. Second, upping your carbs means with GOOD FOOD not pizza and bread. Third, if the changes you have already made have made improvements, which they have, why would they change that????

After all of the research I’ve done in the last several years, I don’t trust much the doctors tell me.
    AND FINALLY
    I am NOT telling anyone that ignoring consultants should be their choice

I will not lie, this seems so backwards! My grandfather has barely controlled diabetes, is on insulin (every time he eats), etc. Due to a lot of issues and surgeries, he can barely walk so practically no movement/exercise. He definitely does better with healthier carbs (fruit/veg/whole grain WITHIN LIMITS) and horrible with any high amount of carbs, good or bad. I know everyone is different, but with an entire family diagnosed with diabetes (my mom, young cousin (23) and I are the only ones without it) I have NEVER heard of increasing carbs. My mind is reeling trying to wrap my brain around this and research (not much on google at all, everything is about lowering carbs)

The few glimpses of this I read include: whole grains for the fiber and micronutrients. Magnesium has shown to help improve insulin resistance and can be located in many whole grain sources.
    https://diabetesjournals.org/care/article/27/2/538/28275/Carbohydrate-Nutrition-Insulin-Resistance-and-the

This is fascinating about vinegar and insulin resistance:
    https://diabetesjournals.org/care/article/27/1/281/26582/Vinegar-Improves-Insulin-Sensitivity-to-a-High

@CamandJarvis Thanks for the articles. I read them through, though, as you can see, it can be a bit confusing when you throw in the heart disease and the desire to lose weight too. I definitely will be choosing whole grains over white flour choices in my breads. I'm really trying to incorporate more tolerable veggies which will allow for less bread to reach my numbers. It's a process for me. I will give these macros numbers a try UNTIL I see that it is causing my numbers harm (glucose, weight etc). I will be staying at the low end of her recommendations though, until I know more. Thanks so much for the research.

You know your body best! I'm wishing you all the luck and sending up little prayers that you can find something that workouts without causing more issues first.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,832 Member
    Options