The most difficult things in diet ( training, food ...)

Options
i find that the most difficult things on diet is keep eating healthy food and avoid any kind of high-calorie food of processed food
Tagged:

Replies

• AllyCGR
    AllyCGR Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My biggest difficulty is usually staying on track over the weekend.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    If many just learned how to control their PORTIONS, you can eat a variety of foods including processed foods and keep your weight under control. Go to Asia and they eat processed foods as well as high cal foods and the majority of the countries are within normal BMI. They just don't eat a lot compared to places like the US and UK.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    The most difficult thing starting out is going at a good pace. Go slow to win. Many people are too aggressive at first, and then it backfires. The most difficult thing is developing good habits to maintain indefinitely rather than "going on a diet" to "lose twenty pounds in a week." It's those good habits that will serve us well going forward. Many people don't think about what they will do once they get to their goal weight. Maintaining weight loss is just as hard, if not harder, than losing weight. It will be those good habits you develop that serve you well in maintenance.

Yeah. That's it. The most difficult thing, and the most important thing, is developing good habits and not just relying on "motivation." The most difficult thing is taking the long view and having some delayed gratification.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,276 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If many just learned how to control their PORTIONS

This. I maintained my weight for over a decade while eating pizza, hamburgers, ice cream, donuts, soda. I just structured the rest of my day to account for these indulgences, plus cut back on portion size. Two slices of pizza is often enough, not the six of my teenage years; a single 12-oz can of soda with certain meals rather than 20oz, 48oz, 64oz like I used to do. I've even been losing weight recently while still keeping these treats in my life. Would I prefer having more? Sure I would (most of the time). But I've learned that through portion control I don't have to deny myself completely.

For me, hardest is simply getting enough sleep, because I never wanna stop spending time with my wife and kids and go to bed, knowing I have to hit the gym early in the morning.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I've maintained a 60 pound loss for 6 or 7 years now. I don't cook, so essentially everything I eat is either takeout (high calorie) or comes from a bag/box/plastic container (processed). My nutrition profiles, other bloodwork, and health indicators are all well within normal limits. It really is just portion sizes.