Five years

Options
mtaratoot
mtaratoot Posts: 13,316 Member
I joined My Fitness Pal on 23 February, 2018. Today marks five years.

Guess what? IT WORKS!!!!

Before I was on MFP, I was using a service from the US Department of Agriculture called "SuperTracker." It was non-commercial. It was much more klunky than MFP, but it was a public resource. I had some success. I was happy with it. I had tried on-and-off without being very focused on losing some weight for several years before starting to use SuperTracker. I found SuperTracker helped a LOT, and I started losing weight

Over time, there were several commercial resources, like MFP, that had developed with a similar mission to SuperTracker. SuperTracker was scheduled to be shut down in mid-2018. I looked around for a replacement service and reluctantly moved to a commercially run service. That was MFP. I tried another app around the same time, but I stuck with MFP.

I got to my goal weight and maintained that weight several years until COVID happened in 2020 and I gained some back. I struggled with that, but was still at a healthy weight, so I just refocused my goals. In the last few months, I have got back to my goal from 2017 and am maintaining there again.

I'm just some average person. If I can lose weight and keep it off with MFP, anyone can. YOU can. So I'm not introducing myself as a new user of MFP, I'm introducing myself as someone starting the second half of their first decade with MFP and saying that it really does work, but only when you STICK TO IT! So please, set some awesome goals that are challenging but attainable, set goals that are measurable. Get working towards those goals and STICK TO IT. When you falter, because we all do, don't blame yourself or give up. Just dust off and get back to sticking to it. Don't wait until next Monday to start. Don't even wait until tomorrow. Just get started NOW.

Yes, do give yourself permission to go off program as it were for special occasions. Just make sure they are really SPECIAL and not routine.

Stick to it.

You will find success!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,325 Member
    Options
    Endorsed! (From the perspective of about 7.5 years, and decent long-term success myself.)

. . . also bumped for goodness . . . ;)