Supplements

Options
Needing advice on any supplements to use along side exercises and eating healthier?

Replies

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I just take a multi vitamin that I don't really need. I just like the taste lol.

And a protein shake with breakfast. That's it for me.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Are there specific deficiencies that you are looking to address?

If not, they aren't really needed.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Focus on maximizing nutrients via food: Macros, micros, beneficial phytochemicals, probiotic and prebiotic foods.

Ask your doctor to do blood tests for common deficiencies, supplement based on results if needed.

Maybe creatine if you lift or similar.

ETA: None of that's for weight loss per se. Calorie balance determines body weight. Nutrition is for health, athletic performance, energy level, body composition, and that sort of thing. Effect on weight loss is indirect, if any.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Depending on what your goals and routine are, you might find something useful in this "Most Helpful Posts" thread from a knowledgeable longtime MFP-er:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10637410/beneficial-supplements-which-ones-are-right-for-you/p1

It's more focused on strength training nutrition, but there's a general health section, too.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What are your goals ? You have to know where you are going before you know what will help you get there . Supplements are just that - supplements and play a small part in your progress. You want your diet and exercise on point first.