What To Do When You Are Really Hungry?

Options
Carollee24
Carollee24 Posts: 12 Member
Well, last evening was a hard one for me. I was hungry and I didn't want to go over my 1200 calorie plan. So I did have some space to have a couple small snacks available to me. I had some grapes, and raw baby carrots and that helped somewhat. However, I really need some ideas other than air popped corn and fruit to use in those times. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• starcookie2
    starcookie2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Finn Crisp rye and caraway thins
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Tbsp Peanut butter & 1/2 banana or small schoolkid sized apple slices
    oz cheese/cheesestick with the fruit or popcorn
  • LovinHISWORD
    LovinHISWORD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kiwi2mfp What is a maintenence Day?
  • windra06
    windra06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I fast at least once a week so I've gotten quite used to being a little hungry, if im an hour away from dinner and hungry i'll have a 0 calorie fizzy drink and that usually helps.

But i underate a few weeks ago as i knew i was going out for a big meal...that was another level of hungry! By the end of the week my stomach was really rumbling even after eating.

Once i'd had the big meal though, even eating a little lower for the next week i felt sooo much better.

It helps every once in a while to eat at maintenance (or above) and give yourself a little reset.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Brief divergence. As a regular air-popped popcorn gnosher, it’s much higher calories than you think.

It is also, sadly, not very filling.

That said, I’d rather have a giant 240 calorie bowl of airpopped popcorn with my lunch than a sad little serving of 11 potato chips for 150, so I clear the space for it. If I eat it about an hour after my sandwich, it does double duty as a nice snack.

Anyway, don’t assume airpopped popcorn is low cal or throwaway cals. Make sure you’re weighing your kernels.

A really great tip someone here gave me is to mix melted butter (margarine is fine and is half the calories) with soy sauce. It is absolutely amazing and the soy sauce (which is very low cal) makes the flavor go farther over the popcorn.

I use half a tbsp margarine (weighed bit measured, of course!) with a tbsp soy sauce. For 35 calories it really is worth it.

I never would have though of using soy sauce on popcorn, which is why these boards are golden.
  • wendelina66
    wendelina66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found the book that is the whole diet program, but not a cookbook? The few recipes I did find sounded very good!
  • rdubins
    rdubins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually keep several hard boiled eggs in the fridge. One of these curbs hunger quickly. Protein of any sort works for me. a single slice of alpine lace... 5-6 almonds. Good luck!