WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    Betsy my husband, and I swear by pickle juice! You can even get concentrated pickle juice at pharmacies. They come in little plastic bottles.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,838 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Painted this to bring on spring here!
    gxiw320zwlji.png

Beautiful! I hope that works!! We are hoping to go back to Minnesota in May.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    ❤️.

Katla
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,919 Member
    Options
    Leg and foot cramps: I get them if I have not drunk enough.

And sometimes if I have been walking in heels or walking down a lot of stairs.

Hip pain in bed usually means I have spent too much time sitting or lying down during the day. I need to stand and walk more.

M in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Betsy-thanks for sharing your experience. For some reason my legs have aways been tight. I will give tonic water a try. Sometimes doctors don't know.

Mary-I have heard of pickle juice also. Drank some over the weekend. Fortunately, I have always loved dill pickles?

Kim and Dr. Katiebug-totally agree with hips and mobility. That is one thing they really focused on during my hip rehab. Balance also-stand on one leg without wobble.

Margaret-very nice painting.

Kim-glad you have the gait belt to help. I understand your mom's sense of privacy and dignity-those are hard to work around. How nice you can get a massage!

Hope everyone as a good day-off to the office early. Busy day today.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday everyone! Like Ginny I am out of house early this morning. Brain doctor appointment for me before work. Tomorrow is the trip to Detroit for DH's eye appointment. It is about a 4 hour trip one way. We make his appointment in the early afternoon so that we don't have to leave at the butt Crack of dawn or come home too late. Kind of like a day at work without being at work. Makes for a long day!

Our Bronco is finally on order! We only ordered it this time last year! Finally in the system. Fingers 🤞 that it doesn't take another year to come in and comes in optioned as we want.

Fashions- I don't understand the torn jean thing. I always throw torn jeans out. When growing up we patched what we could. Never wanted to be seen in ripped clothes. Now people pay lots of $ to buy torn up, barely covered clothes.

Today is a good day. I woke up. I can get up from toilet, chair, and floor unassisted. I have had a warm shower. Today will be a good day!

Hugs to all!
    Inspired by all!
    Congratulations to all!
    Stay safe and make the best decisions you can at the moment.

❤️
    Kylia in Ohio

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim and Mary,

I just realized how misleading the dimensions are on that chair description.

It is way too wide.

They switched the width and depth measurements.

It is really 22” wide and 17” deep.

Rats.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Kim - thank you for that reminder about getting up from seats without help. We had the "taller" toilets installed, much easier to get up from. I read somewhere that when we sit, our rears shouldn't be below our knees. Maybe to prevent back or knee problems? Getting up from "normal" chairs or any seats that are low is a challenge for me.

Also, very glad to hear you had a gal come in to give you relief and you are finding ways to make the job easier. Best wishes for continued improvement for your mom.

Katiebug - interesting about people over 70 not being able to get up off the floor. Grateful I still can. It often isn't very pretty (rear up first like a toddler) but it gets the job done.

Rosemarie - Enjoy your time at the rescue. I'm afraid I'd bring them all home with me. ;) I guess in some areas, a lot of dogs are just being dumped. People can't afford to take care of them. Glad there are rescues that take them, spay and neuter and help place them in good homes.

Lisa and Heather - loved the new house and neighborhood photos! Someone down the road a few miles is having good luck raising figs. I tried one a few years ago but my block is just too chilly.

Vicki and Karen - I remember those blizzard drives. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

I got my exercise yesterday. First I unpacked the little chicken house kit and removed the wooden pieces that I'm going to cover with polyurethane I bought yesterday. When we get some sunshine I'll get a few coats on them.

Then, I took the battery operated push mower out and gave it (and me) a workout. Thankfully the grass isn't very long. It's not self propelled so I got a lot of pushing in, good cardio.

Plus, I think there's a squirrel in the shop attic. I'd been seeing pink insulation blowing around and it's coming from one of the ventilation holes. So yesterday morning I was baiting and setting the two small live traps I have that work for rats, plus a rat snap trap and a friend brought out a Hav - A - Heart live trap. Hopefully I'll find some creature, dead or alive. Squirrels are a big problem for homeowners around here.

Cleaner is coming this morning so I need to get things picked up and give the chickies new bedding and feed.

Make it a super day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Happy Tuesday! Off to work.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible... NOT hard for me. LOL
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Well, brain doctor is young, cute, and listens (most important aspect) B) He says most likely won't find anything, but ordered MRI. He thinks they are just normal. Switching up meds to try.

Machka (((HUGS)))

Off to work now,
    Kylia
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options