Women 200lb+, Let's Make March Meaningful!!!

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

My weight shot up this morning, because I hadn't been to the gym in almost a week, then went Saturday and went hard, haha. I'm sore! But that's good, just means I'm building muscles. Gotta focus on the protein and water today. I'm getting a good start, adding some pre-made caramel protein shake to my coffee. Delicious.

7ea2m7.jpg

It's good. It's not fat, I'm not eating enough for that, it's my muscles repairing.

@swimmom_1 hi! Yeah, for a while there, I didn't even really check in with F2F until the last minute. I always get the juice to start doing weight loss again for real in March, it seems. That's when I came back to this thread last year after a while away (again!). I wonder if I'll keep sloughing off in october/november and coming back in march in a cycle, like a butterfly, haha.

Tonight is chair conditioning class followed by chair choreography class! I love this combo. Just have to make it through today first, got work, and errands, gonna make tacos for dinner and make mine a taco bowl. Taco ground turkey, purple southern peas, spinach, and taco fixings. Mmmm.

Does anyone remember the taco salad advertisement from the early aughts? Now I've got to find it...

https://youtu.be/jx2pYyscSPE
    Is it healthy? Of COURSE it is. It's a salad, isn't it?

Mine won't have that beautiful deep fried crunchy bowl or quite so many fixin's, but man. Mmmm.

:lol: Anyway. Time to get going for the day. Have a great one, everyone!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe We've missed seeing you on here lately!!! Question for you. I got an invite a beginner pole class for free. The place also does chair classes and all the stuff you've posted about doing in the past. How hard is it? I'm really thinging about grabbing some friends and trying one of them but I'm also nervous because I've never tried anything like that before.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    SW: 300 lb
    Next GW: 180 lb
    3/1: 198.8 lb
    3/2: 198.0 lb
    3/4: 197.8 lb
    3/7: 197.0 lb
    3/8: 195.6 lb
    3/9: 195.2 lb
    3/11: 194.2 lb
    **weight updated whenever I lose.

Saturday was a bit crazy. I had a friend's sales party. I love that company and needed some things so I went telling myself to keep my food boundaries in check. My daughter had a volleyball game at the same time so my husband did the divide and conquer. LOL. Then we went to Winter Jam at our local arena. That meant waiting outside in line for a couple hours, eating whatever we could afford in the arena, etc. My daughter LOVED going to the concert and I was able to have some nachos and popcorn because she wanted them and I just shared a handful of each. It gave me yummy stuff without my needing to eat it all myself.
    iz89w9i7oust.jpg

Yesterday didn't go as planned at all, but that was because it was better than planned!
    I went out with 2 friends for lunch. I pre-planned what I wanted to order. One of these ladies is one of my closest friends and the other was someone I am just getting to know. My "going out for maybe 2 hours after church" turned into 9 hours out with my new friend! When the lady that I'm close with went to work we kept hanging. We went into Ollie's, ran down to Home Goods (she had never been in Home Goods), kept just poking around some discount stores all on the same strip of road. Kept talking in the car. It was amazing. She is definitely one of my new favorite people. I'm so happy to be friends with her now! Those 9 hours felt like a third of that time. It just flew.

Since we were out so long, we also got dinner. Since that was unplanned I had to pick something on the fly. It was Mexican so I almost ordered things I know I shouldn't have. I mean, who doesn't love burritos or taquitos or all the things covered in cheese? However, I'm so glad I kept to my boundaries. I ordered the carne asada dinner.... thin but juicy pieces of steak, grilled spring onions, grilled jalapenos, grilled cactus, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo.... I didn't even need the tortillas, rice or beans. It was amazing!
    25kf4xuhxqk9.jpg

@campbjp1 Hating it a little less is still a win.

@conniemcc4 What shake recipe did you try? I love a good shake.

@CupcakeCrusoe I just need to reiterate WELCOME BACK!!! You really were missed.
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe Way to go with your perseverance and non-deprivation method to get to your current weight! Very inspiring!✨🎉🏆 Go go go!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

We're BACK, to 174.4, much closer to my average. I am still so sore, because I went into the gym last night sore, lol.

Tonight, we're going to be cleaning the house after work, and I'm making bangers and colcannon (and maybe soda bread, I'll decide after I log everything). Breakfasts and lunches this week are overnight red curry oats with a soft jammy egg, and a banger with a green salad, and an apple. Got my protein in my coffee again, this is good.

It's so cold, spring, where are you, it's literally freezing outside.

Tag party time:
    @pamperedlinny oooooh, I'm excited! Like any new skill, you'll see a lot of ladies doing it really well because they've been doing it a long time, and there are things that are very hard to do. But basic pole moves are doable for an absolute beginner: my first ever beginner pole class, we did a fireman spin, what we call a GI jane, a pirouette, and just got acquainted with the pole- trusting that the pole will not fall over, the basics of what people do to make it pretty, all that.

this is a fireman, imagine her spinning around the pole.
    fey1lj24pjln.png

You will. be. sore. after. Guaranteed. You might have a couple bruises from contact points with the pole, but like, in the moment, you don't realize that you're working that hard, because it's so fun and cool to see yourself flying through the air around the pole (and you can, and will). Just remember for the 1-2-3 days after, that you might be very sore and that's normal- you're using muscles we don't use often in daily life for pole.

As far as chair classes go, not quite as high-impact, but a great workout. (And if you do things like superman, yes, it's going to hurt):
    fn9oesraoopg.png
    But in a beginner class they might not even do that, just teach you the basics of balance and counterbalance to do pretty things on a chair. You'll also be very sore after a chair class, but fewer bruises (except for superman, haha, because you will get bruises right there).

So, I'm biased, haha, but I would also say go for it, because if you like it, it's a great workout that doesn't feel like a workout- it feels like learning a fun and pretty hobby, and if you don't like it, it was free. You know at least one fanatic about it- and I have no dance background. I became this way after my first class, :lol:

That dinner looks so. good. Mmm, I can almost smell it through the screen.

@mling84 what you did there- stopping in the middle of what you'd planned to do- is so important. Trusting your body and your instincts is so important for avoiding injury and burnout. That's so great.

Now that I've gone on (and on!), time to get going for the day. Have a great day, everyone!

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    SW: 300 lb
    Next GW: 180 lb
    3/1: 198.8 lb
    3/2: 198.0 lb
    3/4: 197.8 lb
    3/7: 197.0 lb
    3/8: 195.6 lb
    3/9: 195.2 lb
    3/11: 194.2 lb
    **weight updated whenever I lose.

Yesterday my husband took off work because our daughter had off school. As someone working from home…. That was fun. To make it more fun, she had a friend spend the night on Sunday night and was here all day. Add in daylight savings and that it takes me at least a week to really get back on track, it is our fiscal year end for work and I do collecting and account clean ups, all 3 of them interrupting or running around the house yesterday….. after I made dinner I just sat on the sofa with my book and didn’t do much else. No exercise. No going out. No nothing. I’m still exhausted this morning. Oh well.

Tonight I’m going to Zumba. My daughter’s volleyball team is practicing at the same time as the Zumba class and at the same building so this works well. Then we’re both going to jump in the gym showers for a super quick clean up and meet friends at our local tea shop for trivia night. I’m actually looking forward to an after workout pot of tea, maybe picking up a small slice of cake or cookie, and feeling like I don’t know a thing during trivia. Last time the highlight was that I knew Barbie’s last name. I didn’t know hardly any other questions but it’s still fun.

@mling84 great job listening to your body. I have found I never make it as long on the elliptical as I plan. I can go a lot longer in some other forms of cardio but I still use my elliptical often. It’s hard to cut it short when you have a plan, but listening to your body is so much better than pushing ourselves past what we need.

@CupcakeCrusoe Thanks. I definitely thought of you when I got the free class card. I’ll have to get a few friends and try to get them to go with me for that first one.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Felt so weird last night, weak almost, so I purposefully ate over my calories, still under maintenance, and felt a little better. And the scale says 174.2 this morning, so no harm.

The house is cleaned up and ready for the cleaners to come, I think at least half of my house being clean is me decluttering and putting junk away so that the cleaners can do the actual cleaning. :lol:

Tonight the girls have little gym, so as usual I packed us up dinner, and I ended up with some leftover cabbage/garlic/onion mix with some deli turkey thrown in there :lol: I'm probably going to be hungry, but I'll have plenty of calories for a kind of "second dinner" when I get home. It was much more important that the girls especially, because of gym, and Whatsisface get a good dinner, I can deal with a glorified snack to tide me over.

Caught up with all the posts from November to now, so impressed with everyone's hard work. @pamperedlinny was working so hard, reading about habits and then applying what she learned in November and December, we love to see it. Special shout outs:

@tahitig ! hi!!!! I hope you're doing well!

@hap2go I hope we get to see pictures from Italy!

@KeriA hi! how was the visit with the grandbaby, how's 2023 treating you?

@justanotherloser007 helloo! how are you doing? still symptom free I hope?

@bonniemcc4 I saw your progress pictures, you're doing AMAZING

@pamiede I was so happy to see your smiling face again, hello! How's March for you?! You're doing great!.

Tag party time!
    @pamperedlinny trivia night sounds SO FUN, exactly the kind of activity that should come after a workout.

Alright, time to try to relax for .... a half hour before I have to leave for work, lol. Have a great day, everyone!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Morning all!

Does anyone else’s child take their money to the book fair and not buy a single book? We now have a giant cat with strawberry milk poster, stickers, “fun” pens (the body of the pen has balls in it so you can tip it back and forth or other fidget type things), another actual fidget toy, and a bunch of stickers. I keep hoping my child with want the books. Sigh.

Trivia was great. I didn’t know much of anything last night…. But we had some people on our team that knew things and actually came in first for once. It’s a small place and only have about 8 teams, I think. Still, I’ll get a free bubble tea or pot of hot tea next time I go in. Yay!

Also, I forgot to include the newest recipe link. It went up yesterday morning. www.healthyeatingwithlinda.com/post/bulked-up-taco-meat

Today I have to go see my allergist, get shots, etc. I never feel great after all of that so it will be a slow night at home if I get my way.
  • KrekolAnjel
    KrekolAnjel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me.

SW: 315
    CW: 315
    GW:285 by June 1.

By the end of March I am hoping to healthily loose at least 3 lbs. I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a long time. I want to build a consistent habit of going to the gym everyday and eating healthier. It is my goal to eat under 1700 cals a day. Any encouragement and tips are well accepted thank you all. We can do this!
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @KrekolAnjel Congrats on going to the gym yesterday! And for wanting to lose weight in a healthy manner! I listen to podcasts that discuss anti-diet culture mentality/weight loss and it helps when I am tempted to shortcut/deprive my way to weight loss.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

It's Friday, at last. Tomorrow's weigh in day, I feel like I might not lose anything this week, I've been eating consistently between my deficit calories and my maintenance calories, but that is fine. My average might actually still be lower than it was last week.

I've been getting back into the gym, prioritizing my protein, and I made progress that I could feel on my splits last night. My front leg hit the yoga block I put underneath to monitor my progress, so now time to turn the block to the shortest side to go under, start monitoring that way. So exciting.

Tag party time!
    @pamperedlinny overall progress downward = success! I hope zumba last night was fun.

@mling84 I love a good numbers goal not related to weight. And finding alternatives for when you really want a sweet will be so helpful for the future. And I love a sunshiny walk! It's amazing how much difference I can feel in my mood just being out in the sun a little while.

@KrekolAnjel welcome, and congratulations on day 1! Even getting through the first day is a small win, and I hope you can feel that. My best advice for staying under 1700 cal is to log as accurately as you can. Sometimes, you'll be surprised how much you CAN eat for your calories, and as you go along, you'll figure out what works best for you as far as eating what you want and staying under your calorie limit. Also, I would recommend you eat all your calories, as long as you're logging pretty accurately. If I go too low, personally, I tend to binge in the near future afterward.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
  • UrFavoriteMelissa
    UrFavoriteMelissa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am starting over for like the fifth time. I get close to my goal weight and then boom I totally sabotage any progress I’ve made and end back at my start weight. Happy to have found a motivating group to keep up with.