Women 200lb+, Let's Make March Meaningful!!!

Options
RavenStCloud
RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
edited March 2023 in Motivation and Support
๐Ÿ€Happy March, ladies!๐Ÿ€

๐Ÿ€We've made it to the spring! How did winter treat you? What do you hope to accomplish in this new season? And does a change in the weather affect you for the worse or the better?

๐Ÿ€What makes you confident: in yourself, in your abilities, in knowing that this is your time for change? Please share what makes you feel the most capable and self-assured.

๐Ÿ’š If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

๐Ÿ’š In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

๐Ÿ’š All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you!

๐Ÿ’š Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

๐Ÿ€Let's be mindful, purposeful, and make this our most meaningful March yet!๐Ÿ€
ยซ1345678

Replies

• kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Kelli

SW: 284.2 lbs
    CW: 250.4 lbs
    GW: 155 lbs

How did winter treat me....well I kinda fell off of the healthy diet wagon during the holidays and gained 6 lbs back, but since January I am down 10 lbs. Figured out that I've entered into perimenopause and having to learn to work with my crazy hormones now. Aiming for 5 lb weight loss for March...to break out of the 250s into the 240s!!

What makes me feel confident in myself? I have troubles with self doubt and anxiety, but I do better with my confidence with positive verbal feedback and also seeing myself hitting goals or a NSV...like fitting into smaller sizes!

We are traveling this weekend for a martial arts tournament, so going to be eating out for a couple of meals. Hoping to fight off the temptation of the fried foods and pick healthier options.
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @bonniemcc4 small steps add up!!

@jen99382 same here

SW 210
    CW 210
    GW for March 207-208

• RavenStCloud
    Options
    Nov 1st: 260
    Dec 1st: 250
    Jan 1st: 243
    Feb 1st: 238
    Mar 1st: 246

March Goals:
    ๐Ÿ’š Swim x3 a week
    ๐Ÿ’š Weight training x3 aweek
    ๐Ÿ’š Daily PT exercises
    ๐Ÿ’š Log all food
    ๐Ÿ’š Stay within calorie range

So the end of January and most of February were pretty rough for me. I spent about 5 weeks either sick/injured/quarantining or a combination thereof. For the end of February, I felt really out of control and doubled down on my binge eating.

For March, I'm in a better headspace. My goal is to reacquaint myself with the weight machines/floor exercises at the gym and to get back into the pool. I'm hoping to lose the weight I put on last month and maybe a pound or two more. But really, just reestablishing my routine is the most important thing at the moment.

I've been seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist for the last six months to deal with pain and other issues and we talked about burnout this week. She asked if I was okay committing to another round (2 months) of PT (if my insurance approves it, fingers crossed) or if I needed a break, mentally. And I really appreciated that question, because it hadn't even occurred to me.

I think the end of February was me being burnt out from getting sick/injured/doing PT/and just being too focused certain things. I'm trying to start fresh in March with a clean slate and a calmer mind.

Things that make me feel confident? Planning and my ability to plan/make charts/make lists/color coordinate and my overall organization skills. Why I'm confident that this is the right time for change? I think the stars have aligned to put me in the right place, with tools and help I wouldn't normally have available to me. I'm confident that if I use what's being offered, I've got this.

• RavenStCloud
    Options
    @mling84 Self-compassion is such an under-rated thing, but so important. I'm also going to try to remember to be as compassionate to myself as I would be to my friends this month.

@bonniemcc4 I'm also going to try for short walks this month and see how my bad knee does!

@pamperedlinny I'm so glad you can share your journey with people in your life that you love and can trust 100%.

@kelliward1 I fell of the wagon too...and then it ran over me! Congrats on your January progress.

@jen99382 Self-sabotage gets us all at certain points. And more and more, it seems to me that motivation can't really be found, but it can be developed. Just start doing one thing that you'd like to develop into a habit (ex: eating X amount of fruits and veggies every day, working out X days a week, etc) over and over and you'll notice that you've suddenly gained momentum/motivation. For me, I need to SEE progress in certain areas, so I keep track of my healthy habits on a chart and/or on my white board, and that helps with the motivation.

@swimmom_1 Glad you got a new elliptical and would that we could all wear out a machine with our beast-mode workouts!!! Congrats on all your progress so far!
  • mling84
    Options
    @RavenStCloud kudos to you for getting out of the binge from Feb. For me, initially getting out of one is usually one of the harder things to do. Re-establishing routine after an injury is a great form of self care!!
  • mling84
    Options
    Does this thread support posts throughout the week here about victories/struggles or is it just goal post and then follow up? I'm thinking it would help if I posted here multiple times a week.

Today's victories: Logged everything I ate, walked for 10 min after dinner to decrease blood sugar spike, listened to positive weight loss podcasts, was only 50 calories above my calorie goal today

I was thinking about how outcomes focused my March goal post was (i.e., loose 2-3 lbs by March 25). I think being solely focused on that triggers my anxiety/eating disorder so I'm adding these process-oriented things to offset that:
    1. Log in things I eat shortly after if possible
    2. Re-direct myself to the millions of productive things I have to/can do when I want to eat out of boredom, anxiety, etc
    3. Focus on exercise as medicine/enjoyment/cleansing/empowerment instead of just how it can change my appearance
    4. Not eat in the middle of the night
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Does this thread support posts throughout the week here about victories/struggles or is it just goal post and then follow up? I'm thinking it would help if I posted here multiple times a week.

@mling84 Some people post in here daily. Some once a week. Some just on occasion. I tend to post a few times a week so you certainly wouldn't be the only one. :smile:
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge for my second "term" and enjoying it immensely. This week I did a meatless meal challenge where for lunch or dinner each day I had a meatless meal. I've always found that not having meat on a higher cardio day I don't always feel well, so doing three days in a row with one of my heftier meals not having a meat was interesting. I actually feel really good this time around. Then again, I only did one meal a day meatless rather than entire days.

Tuesday I had a spaghetti squash vegetable stir fry.
    zt9e66j69vtg.jpg

Wednesday I had tomato spinach pizza.
    n7iqlnuf89b2.jpg

Today I had Madras lentils, rice and green beans.
    v2genlf05cu2.jpg

Tonight I'm hoping to get to my Zumba class. Tonight is the teacher who is super high intensity and I end up modifying half of the class but it's so much fun anyway.

• sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Happy March every body. My starting weight is 96.8
    I met my February goal which was very modest, lost 2 kgs in Feb. Would really like to lose 3 kilos in March, but we have an anniversary trip away , so 2 is more likely.
    I am making an xtra effort this week, in another forum. And that has begun well
    Goals: to stay within my calorie limit, to swim at least x 4 every week. To drink at least 2 cups of green tea a day, instead of black tea or coffee. Be more sociable!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary, 65 from Pennsylvania.
    Been MIA for a few months but still logging in everyday since I started MFP 5/14/21.

Unfortunately lost my mojo and gained a lot back but not all Thank God! Need to get back on track and focused. I bought a NEW to me, gently used, Commercial PreCor EFX 835 Elliptical. It was delivered the beginning of November, as others here know I wore my previous 10+ year old one out from my extensive workouts. Back up to 150 minutes on my 3 days off per week.

Good to see some familiar names here and glad to see some new ones too!

Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    9/14/20-255 lbs
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs
    4/6/22- 147.6 lbs (107.4 lbs lost) I did NOT have a surgery. Did Keto.
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs
    12/1/22-198 lbs
    1/1/23- 213.4 lbs
    2/1/23- 207.4 lbs
    3/1/23-201 lbs Yippee!

3/5/23- 200 lbs Elliptical Thurs, Fri & Sun 150 minutes for just over 10 miles each session. Finally glad to see a drop. I was hoping for Onederland though. Oh well, it's inevitable. Can't complain about 7.4 lbs since 2/1, in 4 1/2 weeks.
  • mling84
    Options
    First week of March victories:
    -there were at least three times I had the strong urge to "just go all out" when I ate more than I intended to, but I just stopped.
    -My week's deficit is 2805
    -Did not eat in the middle of the night 4/7 days

For this upcoming week:
    -exercise moderately at least 90 min
    -strength train major muscle groups 1x at least
    -Keep logging everything I eat immediately/shortly after
    -Not eat in the middle of the night
  • mling84
    Options
    @kelliward1 congrats on your work that led to your medals!!
  • mling84
    Options
    @pamperedlinny way to go on moderation with the pizza!