Why am I projected to lose less weight even if I am under my calorie goals?

Options
Even thought I started out today with under my calorie intake, it is saying I will have only lost 6 lbs in 5 weeks, even thought I have a goal of 2 lbs a week. I am at 158 and am trying to get to 145. I was under 1200 today and it is still saying "if every day was like today you would be 152 in 5 weeks". WHY? :(

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    probably 2lb per week is too aggressive for the amount of weight you have to lose too.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    With 13 lbs to lose your deficit should not exceed .5 lbs a week to be healthy.
  • kerry8860
    kerry8860 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would have m y breakfast, miss lunch and eat a meal at dinner. I would not snack out through the day but kept putting on weight. I now really need to lose weight have set my calories at 1200 per day and make sure I eat three meals per day having maybe half a sandwich with an apple but try to make sure my daily intake reaches my 1200 calories with plenty of water and have had small successes, but I keep going off track. So I say try keeping to your set calories for a few weeks and see how it goes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Even thought I started out today with under my calorie intake, it is saying I will have only lost 6 lbs in 5 weeks, even thought I have a goal of 2 lbs a week. I am at 158 and am trying to get to 145. I was under 1200 today and it is still saying "if every day was like today you would be 152 in 5 weeks". WHY? :(

With only 13 pounds to lose, do change your weekly weight loss goal to something more sustainable:

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    kerry8860 wrote: »
    I would have m y breakfast, miss lunch and eat a meal at dinner. I would not snack out through the day but kept putting on weight. I now really need to lose weight have set my calories at 1200 per day and make sure I eat three meals per day having maybe half a sandwich with an apple but try to make sure my daily intake reaches my 1200 calories with plenty of water and have had small successes, but I keep going off track. So I say try keeping to your set calories for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Meal timing doesn't really matter except for satiation. Maybe 1200 just isn't sustainable. Perhaps bump it up a couple of hundred to prevent you from going off track. Steady loss is better than than lose & gain rollercoaster. Good luck!
  • TaariniNeelam
    TaariniNeelam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think change in seasons will also help. For some reason I just weigh slightly extra in winter and less in summer. Not sure why?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    You exercise less? You eat different foods?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,866 Member
    Options
    I think change in seasons will also help. For some reason I just weigh slightly extra in winter and less in summer. Not sure why?

I do less daily life stuff in Winter than in Summer, because it gets cold and I stay inside. Unless there's snow to shovel, there's less lawn/garden work, and things like that. Maybe that's true for you, too?