For those who have dealt with weightless plateau, how long did it last and how did you overcome it?

Options
This is week three. No pounds lost and I have measured my self with the tape and it shows no inches lost either. I also have not gained any inches or pounds. So it appears I am stuck once again. How long did your weightless plateau last for before you started to lose weight again? What did you do differently? How did you overcome it?

Three weeks doesn't seem like much but it is frustrating that I have lost no inches or pounds although this week I put on the same work pants and for the first time I needed to use a belt so maybe I did lose something even if the scale and measuring tape doesn't show it? I eat 1,200-2000 calories per day and for the last three weeks I have been pushing my 30 day shred and workouts a lot harder more than I normally do.
Tagged:

Replies

• Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Did you apply any of the advice people gave you when you posted this before?
    If you don’t know exactly how much you are eating (a range of 1,200-2,000 is a very big range) then that is a problem. 800 extra calories will erase your deficit. It is doubtful that you need to be eating at a 1,200 calorie range at all. If you try to eat at 1,200 and then get super hungry and binge and overeat junk at 2,000 plus every other day you are worse off than if you pick a more reasonable calorie level that sustains you, allows you to work out comfortably, and that you will be able to maintain healthfully long term.
    Stop messing around and flirting with binge-restrict eating. Switch to a rational plan that you can track and evaluate and adjust as needed.
  • StaciInGa
    StaciInGa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Clothes fitting differently (needing a belt) is a sure sign of something changing.

I personally am not a fan of a measuring tape because I can never be sure I'm holding it the same way, pulling it tighter than I did the last time, etc. I do have jeans of different sizes that fit differently as I am losing weight.

Losing weight takes time. A plateau is not at 3 weeks in, but is 6-8 weeks of no weight loss. You really need patience, though that is hard to achieve. Accurately & honestly log your food, and perhaps find some other goals to work on at the same time. Having a fitness goal such as increasing your walking distance or time, or joining an active sport/hobby that you enjoy can help you not focus so much on the scale.