Calorie allowance set by MFP

Options
rosieholly
rosieholly Posts: 24 Member
Hi newbie here, when i entered my info weight now how much i want to lose activity etc its set my allowance at 1800 cals per day. Is this because i am heavy and have a lot to lose (4 stone) what would the impact be if i changed this to 1400? I am quite active and have synced my fitbit.. i have entered the high protein challenge 30% fat 30% carb 40% protein

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    Not mfp set the calories but you did. The number of calories are a function of your gender, size, weight, activity level outside of exercise, and the rate of weightloss you've chosen.

Are you comfortable sharing your stats with us? Maybe we can help more. If you're very active and about 55lbs overweight then yeah, 1800 calories might be a sensible number. Losing too fast is never good because it can lead to you being too hungry, start binging and then give up. Next to losing too much muscles as your body can only burn so much fat in a day and then takes the rest from muscles. Also, if you do exercise you're supposed to eat back at least a part of the exercise calories, as again, eating too little is not good.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If you make sure to set your Fitbit link to MFP to allow for negative adjustments then your daily calories will be adjusted both up and down when you sync throughout the day. This is helpful if you’ve set yourself as ‘active’ based on anticipated daily exercise.

If you want to avoid having negative adjustments then just lower your activity level setting. Then you’ll find each time you exercise the Fitbit sync will likely increase your daily calories to be eaten.