Sweet Tooth

Options
124»

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    whoami67 wrote: »
    Cottage berry whip - blend cottage cheese and frozen berries in the food processor.

Soft serve ice cream - blend a frozen banana and 1 scoop vanilla or plain protein powder in the food processor until it looks like soft serve. You can add other fruit, peanut butter powder, cocoa powder, Lily's chocolate chips, flavored extracts or syrups, etc to make different flavors.

170 grams nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with 7 grams (1 T or 1/4 package) sugar free pudding mix. Pistachio, butterscotch or cheesecake flavored pudding are all delicious. It changes the texture and taste of the yogurt and is reminiscent of cheesecake.

I do the same thing...so good lol!
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I like making this sweet treat for added protein: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 tsp sweetener of choice (I use maple syrup)--blend in food processer. Not too sweet, but hits the spot w/ the chocolate :smile:

Sounds good
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing, especially in the summer months, is frozen red grapes. They get sweeter when they are frozen and , if I portion them out before I freeze them, I can grab and go without worrying about mindlessly eating too many.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    I find eating more protein at night as well as fiber for my dinner helps me so if I want anything for a snack it's a very light one.
  • Missashliefit
    Missashliefit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make sugar free chocolate pudding with 2 chocolate protein shakes as the milk, sugar free jello mixed in plain Greek yogurt, and I just got some vanilla yogurt that is the brand Ratio it’s got 28g protein per serving it’s thicker and delicious.
  • bebadshroudtv
    bebadshroudtv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go for a protein bar, couple of hundred calories but for me kicks that sweet tooth into touch with a added 20G of protein
  • lululovesbread
    lululovesbread Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too. Try banana sorbet - tastes just like a rich banana ice cream. Cut up one very ripe banana (6-8 chunks), freeze (I do it on a plate), then puree in a food processor or high-power blender. Eat right away for soft-serve ice cream, or freeze for 20 min for slightly firmer. It's really good.
  • sjhickman1980
    sjhickman1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chocolate peanut butter premier protein- ice cold. 160 calories.
  • PaisleyJen
    PaisleyJen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I reduced my Diet soda habit so having a diet soda can be a sweet treat especially if you choose a cream soda type.

I like Greek yogurt with PB2 peanut butter powder mixed together and I eat it on slices of apple.

I bought the ingredients to try the cottage cheese cookie dough - I haven't tried it yet but it is on my list of things to make for a sweet treat.

I make baked oatmeal bars for prep ahead breakfast and some of those would be like a cake/brownie treat. I always try the recipes with 1/2 the sugar called for to reduce the calories some are better than others. If it is too dry or blah I use some sugar-free maple syrup on each serving as I eat them - or jam.

Make a protein shake and have all the fruit frozen, add ice. If it needs sweetener use a sugar-free syrup (like they put in coffees) these come in so many flavors the ideas are endless. The idea is to make it really thick so you eat it with a spoon like soft serve ice cream.

I am with you sugar is my drug of choice so this journey is difficult - I cut where I can and I hope eventually my cravings will grow smaller.

• mpwalker9791
    mpwalker9791 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fat free whipped cream. To that I may add frozen fruit, cinnamon, or sugar free chocolate pudding mix. The FF whipped cream only has 1g carbs, and less than 1g of sugar per serving (2 tablespoons)
  • goodnoodl
    goodnoodl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One of my childhood snacks was half a graham cracker with my choice of nut butter and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips. You get some protein, fiber, good carbs, and can control the amount of chocolate you put on it while still getting a sweet snack!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Fruit and ice cream are my go to's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    The Sweet And Salty Peanut Granola bar is 170 calories (Kroger brand). Sweet and protein. I like eating the Kroger version with an apple. Together they taste like a caramel apple. Apple 80 calories.

Do you like Chocolate Milk? The Kroger brand CARB MASTER CHOCOLATE Milk. 80 Calories for 8 ounces. 7 grams of sugar. 11 grams of protein. It's really good. It's also lactose free. I usually just drink 2 ounces when I have a chocolate craving.

Sugar Free Chocolate pudding. It's low calorie. Low everything.

Have a blender? I put 1 of the little mandarin orange snack packs in with a handful of frozen pineapple. Blend, blend. It makes a sweet fruity drink. Mandarin oranges in reg fruit juice (70 calories. 1 cup of frozen pineapple is 211 calories. So total is under 300 calories. But that makes a whole glass and I don't always want that much. So you can cut it half if need be.

• zoenoreyko
    zoenoreyko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Outshine fruit bar popsicles are my go to or if I save calories I’ll do a yogurt and fruit smoothie with my daily collagen so I’m getting something out of it. It’s like a second dinner lol. Or a small handful of dark chocolate chips.
  • Jima102250
    Jima102250 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I keep sugar free jello made and in half cup servings for late night snacking.
  • MaudlinRavyn
    MaudlinRavyn Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I would say make chia seed pudding or avocado dark chocolate brownies both are sweet lo cal and chock full of nutritional value and take less than 15 mins to put together. If you want recipes hmu.