• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options

Hard Tack Bread Recipe from the Civil War
    Ingredients:

5 cups flour
    1 cup water
    1 tbs salt

can't even imagine how hard that must be to pass.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Gag!!!!!! Thanks Y'all! Xoxo
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yuck! Apparently my great grandad used to take a poutch of maggots fishing and whenever he'd throw a handful in around the hook, he'd throw a couple in his mouth to chew on too! How grim is that.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I was eating blueberries and did not look at them while popping them in my mouth and realized there were maggots coming out of them! what should I do?
    you could always add them in as protein depending on how many you ate...:wink: Face it food has bugs in that's why we wash it well, probably want to sift through them better next time you rinse them, Yup sounds discusting but I'll bet you'll live, might not eat blueberries for awhile...but they are only bugs, we eat them all the time with out realizing it in various foods/greens etc.. I try not to think about it. Think about beef and all the crap it contains.. blech!:sick:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Did you enter them under snacks :)
    :noway: :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Did you enter them under snacks :)
    Actually come to think of it, they do sell dried maggots like they do cornnuts, bbq flavored etc, same with crickets, only I think you can also get those chocolate covered same as bees and grasshoppers. I hear they are a delicacy in some Countries.

But yes if it happened to me, I wouldn't be laughing I'd be gagging, maybe that's why I wash my food well and look at it when I take a bite, it's happened to others I know, so I've learned.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    LOL, that's some funny ****. Sorry...had to. I hate if for you but you'll be fine. On the show Fear Factor they ate all kinds of stuff like that. What a gross *kitten* show.
    Then there was the old lady that swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly...perhaps she'll cry. (replaced die cuz you won't die from eating maggots) Couldn't resist that either.
    I miss that show :sad: I used to HATE it with a passion then all the sudden I became facinated by it. lol Strange I know!
  • molberts
    molberts Posts: 35
    Options
    If it makes you feel better - my friend just had all of the drama with none of the extra protein in her food diary :wink:

I run a pet store - she came in to get a worm dosage on saturday for her puppy..After she gave her the medicine, instead of passing the worms as you'd expect in the garden the poor thing projectile vomited them out ALL OVER the house. My friend had a fun day disinfecting her house :laugh:
  • bella71
    bella71 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm pretty sure maggots are a complete protein, which is an added bonus! You will be fine. I'd drink lots of water to flush them out of my system just in case, though. ;-)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

I run a pet store - she came in to get a worm dosage on saturday for her puppy..After she gave her the medicine, instead of passing the worms as you'd expect in the garden the poor thing projectile vomited them out ALL OVER the house. My friend had a fun day disinfecting her house :laugh:

:laugh:
    When my mom was first pregnant with me, she had just be deworming the dogs and assumed she was nauseous because she, too, had worms....