What do you do with Nutella?

Options

Replies

• musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Stare at it longingly at the grocery store and keep walking.

^^^THIS!

I cannot have that stuff in moderation, so I leave it in the store. It would be better if someone else in my house would help me eat it, but they don't. My daughter has a nut allergy and her brother (being the totally awesome boy he is) wont eat nuts to make sure she doesn't feel left out.
    Hubby doesn't care for it, so that leaves me. And if there is a jar in the house, It joins me on the couch, with a loaf of fiber one honey wheat bread and a spoon and it doesn't leave until its empty.
    SMH
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the GARBAGE RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EVEN STOP TO THINK ABOUT IT!!!! :noway: :noway:

WHY!?
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Put it on whole grain waffle, graham crackers or rice cakes. Or for an extra reward I just eat a spoonful. It is wonderful stuff. Can't wait to try the cupcakes
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I have some, it's sitting in the pantry. I've never even tried it. I'm sure it's wonderful but I prefer to use my calories elsewhere.
  • sophiercook
    sophiercook Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    in a tortilla wrap with banana and peanut butter. amazing breakfast.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You throw it directly in the trash.

ditto
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    Lick it off of your fingers, smear it on fruit or a tortilla, eat it by the spoonful, eat it by the jar. YUM!
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    eat it. :wink:
  • ishkabob
    ishkabob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    it makes me feel a million times better that i'm not the only who eats it straight out of the jar. spoon, knife, finger. it makes no difference.
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love it on toast or on pancakes :-) Straight from the jar is even better but I try not to.. I currently have the 630g jar in the house after not having bought any in quite a while, this is actually the only food I have trouble with eating it in moderation because it's SOOOO damn good! :laugh:

There's this wholesale store I occasionally go to, and apart from the regular sized jars you see in supermarkets they also have this HUGE 5kg jar (11lbs!) Every time I just have to stop and stare at it :love:
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Strawberries + Nutella = Heaven. I have this for dessert about once a month. Because obviously a tablespoon or two of Nutella once a week or less won't kill you. And aren't chocolate-dipped strawberries worth it anyway? :)
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat it with a spoon, or add bananas in a sammich. And best of all I make cupcakes.

349ffaq.jpg:drinker:

I think I hate you:cry:
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Pick up the jar in the grocery store. Fondle the jar in the grocery store (while glancing around to be sure I'm not being watched). Read the nutrition facts. Tears form. Use one hand to force the other hand to put jar back on shelf. Walk away, tears in eyes. Glance at aisle number to be sure not to walk back down same aisle. Can't have it in the house...will eat the whole jar within day(s).
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My daughters love Nutella but eat it in moderation. I do buy the double pack of large jars at Costco. I like the taste of it, but it is not something that screams my name from the pantry. I can control myself around most sweets now. (IF only I could say the same about salty and crunchy things!!)

My favorite way to enjoy a small amount of Nutella (and I do measure it out then put the jar back)--

On fruit like bananas, strawberries, raspberries, and apples

On toast or a pancake -- English muffin or sandwich thin are good too -- sliced fruit on top WOW!!

On ice cream as a topping

In a glass of milk then served warm

On animal crackers

On saltine crackers

On angel food cake or pound cake that has been toasted
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I keep away from it. lol.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    On toast with peanut butter

or

On crepes with banana
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Put it on rice cakes. You only need a tiny bit and it's good for those with a sweet tooth.

^This!
  • Marcsjohns
    Marcsjohns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You throw it directly in the trash.

Heresy.

Throw it directly I the trash as well!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    At the weekend I put it on a hot pancake, (the type with raisins and lemon that you put in the toaster) and pressed it together with another hot pancake with jam on it. :)