Change the name of a recorded exercise?

I started doing morning runs again after a hiatus of a couple years, and after a couple weeks I went into my tracking apps (Fitbit and MFP) to double-check everything was being recorded properly, and to my irritation, my AM run, which takes me on a circuit of about 2.5 miles through the Phoenix downtown corridor, is being recorded as "Running (jogging), in place".

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd hardly consider going from my apartment to the heart of the government plaza downtown a little over 1 mile away and back as "running in place." (The difference between a run and a jog can be debated at another time)

I was able to change this in Fitbit (mostly by deleting the auto-synced entries from MFP, Fitbit already had them recorded so I was getting duplicate reporting), but on neither the website nor the mobile app can I change the name of the workout without deleting it entirely and re-making the entry, at least as far as I've been able to determine.

Does anyone know a way to do this without the delete-and-re-create workaround?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,176 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Just to clarify- The the exercises are also being incorrectly named within Fitbit, right? It's not a case where everything looks fine on their side, but the exercises are being sent over to MFP with a different name? If so, you're going to want to reach out to our Customer Happiness team. (https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com)

If that is not the case and Fitbit is originally mislabelling these in the first place, I'm afraid that would be a Fitbit issue. It's not possible to rename a connected partner exercise once it's been sent over to us. The ideal is that it's created properly, sent over to us, and can't be edited in any fashion.

Hope this helps to clarify.