Restarting my MFP journey

Options
Hi everyone,

Long time user, first time poster. Am back on the MFP program as I am needing to lose quite a bit of weight (that I put on thanks to surgery and heart restrictions), but am dealing with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome too.

Will certainly welcome any suggestions towards how to manage energy levels, taking that first step into being active and getting the inspiration and energy to meal prep. Alternatively, I am based in Melbourne, Australia, and if anyone can recommend those precooked meal delivery companies, I'm all ears.

I have tried IF in the past, but always struggle when it comes to coffee as I need one to start/face my day, but can't drink black coffee.

Replies

• AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used to put sugar and milk in my coffee (3 months ago). Then tried working towards keto and kept out the sugar. After a few weeks of that ketchup starting tasting a funny sweet taste. Then other sauces and dressings tasted an artifical sweet taste too. My sweet receptors definitely changed. Then it was time to eliminate the milk. I tried some leftover almond milk for my sister- the one kind was LOADED with sugar. That coffee was way too sweet and I dumped that mug!! I started realizing I put milk in to cool down my coffee (not everyones issue). So I put 1 ice cube and used half as much milk. I kept doing that and eventually just drank black coffee. My husband can't believe that I'm drinking black coffee.

The point really is that you need to give time for your taste buds and receptors to change. I think depending on how addicted to sugars you are, the more of a struggle to stop it will be. Start slow and give yourself some to adjust.