What are some extreme weight loss tips?

Hi everyone!!! I'm 19 and am 174 lb. I mainly get my weight from my mom because she is obese. I am overweight and am trying to lose 50 lbs by June.

Answers

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Hi everyone!!! I'm 19 and am 174 lb. I mainly get my weight from my mom because she is obese. I am overweight and am trying to lose 50 lbs by June.

Sorry to tell you this, but it isn't going to happen. Your deficit would be impossible and your health would be at serious risk.

Why so fast? What's the rush? It took awhile to put the weight on, and it will take awhile to get it off.

So, I'd advise you to plug your stats into MFP, get your daily calorie goal and try and stay within it everyday. Get a digital food scale and start weighing and measuring all your food and drink. Boring--yes, but effective and doing it that way will teach you portion sizes and how to eat properly for your size for the rest of your life. I don't know, but maybe your mom did the quick weight loss thing in her past, and as you can see, it tends to all come back---with friends. Yo-yo dieting isn't good for your health. Try to do things differently. Be smart.
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 456 Member
    so the difficult thing for me to keep relearning is... i learned my eating ways as a child from the adults in the family for sure - i eat like them so i gained weight like them. It is possible to change that eating approach to a new2you way2eat that nourishes your body AND satisfies you emotionally.
    as @snowflake954 suggests - a great place to start is to find out how much food your body needs. I would add - how much does it need to stay the same (eat at maintenance) -

Then the question? how much less food would help you lose 1 lb a week - generally speaking it takes 3,500 calories for 1 lb. If you spread that out over a week - that means eating 500 calories less a day than you normally would eat. (500 calories a day times 7 days = 3,500 calories less a week = 1 lb less a week.)

So, the MFP guided set-up can be double checked if you edit your goals. See what your calories would be to lose 1/2 a lb a week, 1 lb a week, 2 lbs a week and how that translates to the meals, snacks and food choices you like to eat - experiment there - and consider it an adventure - exploring new2u ways to live, love & eat! Cheers :)