Time out error - anyone else

Options

My saved link to the forums is https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussions, since yesterday I've been getting an error, is this happening to anyone else?

I was able to find my way to the the forums via the main page and then community, and the 'recent discussion' link on along the right side also gave the same error.

GATEWAY TIME-OUT
The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

Ray ID: 7b315e2a5a3e2999
Your IP address: 123.208.131.40
Error reference number: 504
Cloudflare Location: Melbourne
What happened?
The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and Vanilla timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

What can I do to resolve this?
Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact the site owner to let them know you were unable to reach the website.

Best Answer

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with our forum provider now to get things fixed, however, we don’t have a timeline that we can share.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Answers

• DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Same thing for me.

Took a long time for pages to load yesterday. This morning I started getting the Gateway Time-Out message.

Looks like a server/Cloud issue that we have no control over.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Ditto.^^ Difficult to send any PM's over the last few days. They disappear or delete themselves.
    Can only access one discussion at a time. Must go through blue main MFP logo on top left, hit Community, but only one discussion is allowed. If you hit another, it times out, and must start all over again.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,328 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the Gateway Timeout 504 error for several weeks. It started out occasionally, usually when I was editing something and hit post. Then it became frequent. In the last couple of days when MFP has been super slow to load, it's happening all the time and sometimes takes 3 tries to get something to post. I Googled it. Was glad to hear it's the website's server and not my Internet provider or computer.

Just now, I went to check my sent mail to see if a couple of members had opened their messages yet and discovered I had mail sent an hour earlier that did not show a red number on the envelope in the toolbar. Looks like lots of things not working properly today. Hoping it's temporary.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Jean wrote: »
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with our forum provider now to get things fixed, however, we don’t have a timeline that we can share.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Thanks Jean, greatly appreciated.

And thanks everyone else for answering.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I am having this same problem. Can't open the discussions page. Get the Gateway time-out instead. Hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Same - for the last week. Clicking on the "Recent Discussions" gives me the Vanilla - Gateway timeout error. Posting or even reading other posts in the communities is extremely slow.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    It's been over five days since this problem started. Why are you all not fixing it? If you updated the site at the time this started you should go back to the prior version. This is horrible.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's been over five days since this problem started. Why are you all not fixing it? If you updated the site at the time this started you should go back to the prior version. This is horrible.

Yeah, I don't think they really care. Every update they have made to these forums in the last few years has made it harder to navigate.