IF Check-ins or support group?

Options
ddsb1111
ddsb1111 Posts: 812 Member
edited April 2023 in Motivation and Support
Does anyone know where we can check in on fasting days or where to find a support group? It’s easier to do these things when you have a distraction, especially when others are doing the same thing. Whether it be here or a free site. I just wanna check in or read from time to time and not feel like I’m alone.

Replies

• rebecca_livinghealthy
    Options
    Hi @ddsb1111 did you find a thread and/or group that works for you -- you aren't alone
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    @rebecca_livinghealthy No, I’m sorry to say. I don’t want a challenge or anything, just a place where, if I do IF, I could say- hey everyone thanks for the distraction and helping me focus on what I’m trying to do here (ha!).

A lot of people do IF and it would be nice to have others to connect with and ask how their day is going, right?
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've bookmarked this thread. Maybe we can keep the support going here.

I've come to realize that I had been IFing most of my younger life. I just had no money or time to eat all the typical meals so i wss IF. Ever since I started including more alcohol into my life I started noticing poorer sleep and widening hips. Lol.

I started toying with keto since my brother shared a bit about it.

On my 18:6 IF journey I'm trying to keep out the bad carbs. My body is responding. But, it takes effort to determine the right foods with the right macros to meet my grams and total calories with a keto focus. I'm on day 4 and the food prep is taking longer than I thought.

I lost 1 inch in my hips and about 1 pound in less than 1 week. No doubt some of that is water weight loss.

I also need to share that I stated my IF journey with a 26 hour fast. I think I might do a 2 day fast next week.

Following the 26 hour fast I noticed my pinched nerve pins and needles magically went away! My heart rate variability shot from 30 to 92 per my fitbit. Also my inflammation went down. It's been down for about 5 days.

Since I started a keto type diet, my eye doctor said my vision IMPROVED! Crazy, right?? I want to get into autophagy for a longer period to figure out what problems my body could reverse itself.

• ddsb1111
    Options
    I've bookmarked this thread. Maybe we can keep the support going here.

I've come to realize that I had been IFing most of my younger life. I just had no money or time to eat all the typical meals so i wss IF. Ever since I started including more alcohol into my life I started noticing poorer sleep and widening hips. Lol.

I started toying with keto since my brother shared a bit about it.

On my 18:6 IF journey I'm trying to keep out the bad carbs. My body is responding. But, it takes effort to determine the right foods with the right macros to meet my grams and total calories with a keto focus. I'm on day 4 and the food prep is taking longer than I thought.

I lost 1 inch in my hips and about 1 pound in less than 1 week. No doubt some of that is water weight loss.

I also need to share that I stated my IF journey with a 26 hour fast. I think I might do a 2 day fast next week.

Following the 26 hour fast I noticed my pinched nerve pins and needles magically went away! My heart rate variability shot from 30 to 92 per my fitbit. Also my inflammation went down. It's been down for about 5 days.

Since I started a keto type diet, my eye doctor said my vision IMPROVED! Crazy, right?? I want to get into autophagy for a longer period to figure out what problems my body could reverse itself.

Hi there! I decided to create the IF page, I titled it Fasting Check-in for Whomever Whenever!- please keep me/everyone posted there! I would have kept it here but couldn’t change the title (or didn’t know how to).

Sounds like you’re juggling a lot! I have to keep my priorities simple or I’ll lose focus haha! Congrats on your success so far, it feels good getting the immediate results. The eye site improvement is huge! I didn’t know that was a thing.

Okay, I’m excited you’re going to check in and I’ll for sure see you on the other page!

I would post a link here but don’t know how to do that either :)
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll try to find it!!
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    I'll try to find it!!

Great! It should only be 2-3 posts under this one!
  • robingraves777
    robingraves777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How can I find the page?
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    How can I find the page?

Hi Robin,

It’s on this same board with this title:

Fasting Check-in for Whomever Whenever!

See you over there :)