Weight gain

Options
Hi guys, today I am starting my journey again to gain weight, I’m 49 kg atm, targeting 56 kg in 3 months. My daily intake will be 3k calories and I will be working-out push pull legs with one day rest per week.

This journey can be very lonely specially in the beginning. so I will be happy if anyone wants to join me along this journey and we can share workout and meal plans.

Also if anyone knows of groups or communities for hard gainers I will be happy to join. And feel free to add me.

Replies

• designbydipo
    designbydipo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you find a group+ how’s it going? I started March and gained 2kg but I think I may have lost some weight this past couple weeks😭😭

So tough
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    r/gainit on Reddit is a sub dedicated to hard gainers with a focus on bodybuilding. It's a hell of a lot more active than any group or subforum on MFP. There is also r/naturalbodybuilding, r/bodybuilding, r/weightroom and a few other great forums dedicated to bodybuilding - just be sure to read the rules before posting, especially in subs like r/weightroom, as they are more geared to advanced lifters and strength atheletes and try to limit beginner discussions or questions to specific daily/weekly threads.
  • Morningstar25
    Morningstar25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am back trying to gain weight and muscle. It is so hard but rewarding. I want to be 16 stone
  • Dharma4me
    Dharma4me Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am post Stage 4 Cancer survivor, how cancer free. But in the process of surgery and radiation and feeding tube diet, I have lost over 40 pounds. Need to gain 25 pounds- I was overweight before surgery. It's hard to gain!!! Looking for someone who needs to gain and finding that hard!
  • kamalelsharkawy
    kamalelsharkawy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @Dharma4me very inspiring to see that you were able to fight cancer, I’ve struggled with weight gain my whole life but I only needed to dedicate few hours a week for gym and few hours to prepare my food. Add me and lets gain some weight 💪🏼
  • kamalelsharkawy
    kamalelsharkawy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Reflecting on my journey, I can't help but feel a sense of pride in the gains I’ve made so far.
    Just a few kgs can fuel my determination. However, I also acknowledged that this is just the beginning of a much longer road ahead, that should be filled with
    Motivation and consistency.
  • Dharma4me
    Dharma4me Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, though it is difficult. I can no longer and will never be able to bite or chew. 3/4 of my jaw was removed and replaced with the fibia on my left leg. My 'new' jaw is covered with a flap to protect it. It doesn't leave a lot of room for food! I am on 3 protein shakes/smoothies a day and remaining foods must be soft and moist. I can eat anything that I can manipulate with my tongue. You might be surprised at the foods I can eat. I have no feeling on my lower lip or chin... some days the vanity of it all is the hardest. It's hard work to stay motivated and strong- I can, but not all the time. What are your challenges? Hugs...