when is the best time of day to do abs?

2»

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Doing abs has to be at the right time or it doesn't work.

Once upon a time I had a night shift job and so I tried to sleep in the day, except that sleeping in the day is the wrong kind of sleep and doesn't work like sleeping at the right time and does not actually rest you at all, so I had to leave my job and get a daytime job so that I could sleep at the right time and then I was finally rested.

So abs are kind of like that.

True story.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    8am amd 8pm
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    The absolute best time to do abs is at 3:13:53am.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    The absolute best time to do abs is at 3:13:53am.

This only applies if you went to bed at 9:14pm.
  • Do compound lifts and you won't have to worry about it.

I do calisthenics during my boxing classes... get a lot of ab workout in then.
    +1 for compound lifts
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Do compound lifts and you won't have to worry about it.

^^^
    this
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Doing abs has to be at the right time or it doesn't work.

Once upon a time I had a night shift job and so I tried to sleep in the day, except that sleeping in the day is the wrong kind of sleep and doesn't work like sleeping at the right time and does not actually rest you at all, so I had to leave my job and get a daytime job so that I could sleep at the right time and then I was finally rested.

So abs are kind of like that.

True story.

^ this
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Do compound lifts and you won't have to worry about it.

Not rly true... there are multiple reasons to do abs in addition to compound lifts. Real talk for the op though if they are lifting weights don't do abs beforehand or you could end up hurting yourself.
  • I work my core every other day and I do it at the end when I'm done lifting.