Last Chance to Be Happy...

Options
piznaz
piznaz Posts: 2 Member
Hello Everyone,
Like most, I have gone through the years spiraling out of control. I am currently 43yrs old and weigh 545lbs, down from my all-time high of 560lbs. I suffer from severe depression, lymphedema, and chronic neck and back pain. I am a US Army veteran and when I got out of the military I had a very hard time transitioning back to civilian life. As my weight started to get out of control, I would start to work out the best I could and eat healthy but my job drove me deeper into the spiral and depression. Food became my comfort like most people suffer from.

After getting Covid-19 in 2020, my knee gave out and it has almost taken 2 years for me to be able to walk again and climb stairs. Now that I am mobile with limited pain, I am looking to make a difference in my life. I am tired of being this big, the looks you get, or the honest truths that children say because they don't know better. I'm tired of having to special order clothes in my size, not being able to sit in a booth when going out, or having to worry about whether or not I will wake up in the morning.

I normally do not post on community blogs, however, like I said I am tired of doing the same thing and expecting different results when I keep making the same mistakes. Please feel free to reach out if you would like to be friends and take this journey together. The added accountability, pushing, and support could be all that I need to get back to a time when I was happiest.

Replies

• Sylebration
    Sylebration Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a FR! I know you can do this and I'm happy to provide support and encouragement. One day at a time, you've got this!
  • mbg5952
    mbg5952 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you for your service.
    I just started today, Monday, April 24. I think this is a good first step. You can do this, slow and steady.
    I understand depression and hopefully you have a good doctor. I found out if nothing else works, there is nothing wrong with taking medication for it.
    Have a blessed day.
    Mindy G.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    You can do this, start slow and you will get there its about adapting things ti make them work for you.
  • CalisthenicsTraining
    CalisthenicsTraining Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Have you tried doing push ups? They can be a really good way to notice the process you make. On top of that I would recommend a protein shake with a high amount of protein in, and also eating high protein foods like tuna and chicken. Protein is more filling and you get a lot more for your calories. You don’t need to cut out 800 calories at once. Try a little less calories at a time on foods where you aren’t wasting calories. If it is helpful you could post how many push ups you are able to do each day and note your progress.

All the best. Feel free to chat.