• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    RIP Tina Turner.
    :cry:
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

😥😥😥 One of my fav singers. So much energy on stage.

Pip: 😍 the wall.

It’s a lovely day outside, so planning to work on my summer planters.

Live laugh, learn, love. Often!

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Love looking at the weather systems around the world on Windy. I see the one you're talking about, Rebecca.

8q83vvg19cdk.png

Evidently the typhoon knocked out most of the power on Guam and the defence personnel were evacuated.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-25/typhoon-mawar-flips-cars-cuts-power-on-guam-us-territory-pacific/102390200

It's been wild and woolly here today ... Roaring 40s.

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Bad Egg wake-up call:
    One spoiled-rotten cat who wanted outside woke me up at 4:15 a.m., and I made the mistake of leaving our bedroom door open when I went back to bed. So... Egg came right back inside and decided she also wanted my husband awake, and he does NOT wake up in a good mood necessarily, especially if jolted out of sleep by a cat sharpening her claws on his bedpost. So... he yanks himself out of bed to try to grab her and pitch her out of the bedroom before she wakes me up, and she scampers across the headboard to my bedpost and starts to sharpen her claws. And...he goes around my side of the bed to catch her, and trips over the step I use to get into our quite high bed... And he knocks over my metal water bottle on my bedside table, which sounds like a gong being struck, but is luckily one with a sealed lid. And... he is trying not to yell or cuss because he thinks I'm asleep (ha!). Now everybody's awake, but only one of us is happy... :smiley:

Said kitty is now angelically curled up in my husband's chair asleep while I potter around on the computer, husband is driving an hour north for some scheduled maintenance work on equipment, as his alarm was going to go off in just 20 minutes anyway, and I will be taking a nap this afternoon, most likely. The temptation to poke the cat and wake her up every five minutes is awfully strong... :smiley:

Rebecca - Checked on the situation in Guam; looks like the typhoon didn't cause injuries or fatalities, but I don't think your son is having a lot of fun right now! Hope he lives on the second floor of whatever building he's in, sounds like the vast majority of the island was flooded. Hope he checks in soon...

Tracey -
    Not suitable at all for a bag or mug, but one of my favorite chicken jokes:
    • A man in a movie theater notices what looks like a chicken sitting next to him. “Are you a chicken?” asked the man, surprised. “Yes.” “What are you doing at the movies?” The chicken replied, “Well, I liked the book.”
    It's one of those jokes where you have to tell people it's a joke before you start, or they just look at you funny. Even then, you just get a weak smile, a "huh" and a change of subject from most.

Woo... Looking back at this post, apparently the cricket mind takes over when I get woken too early... I'm going to toddle off and read the internet now. Love y'all!

Lisa in AR
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    PIP

g30aawpy5n4w.png

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Heather and Rori, those pictures make me so HAPPY!

Pip, the wall looks amazing. SO impressed. Please; you did a great job. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Praying for Guam, Rebecca.

Uh-oh, Allie... boys and their toys. Now Miles knows what he wants for Christmas!!! hehehe, one of those BIG-rider lawn mowers!

Mary, I just can't believe how rude her family is being about this whole thing! You obviously made the right choice. Wonder what she's telling them about the situation. Certainly not the truth!

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3<3 Heather and Rori <3<3 Seeing you both together makes my heart happy! Even Johnny got in on the fun! Enjoy your day at Devil's *kitten*.
    Pip and Kirby- The patio/walkway wall looks wonderful! Well done! Pip, you have a great eye for decorating!
    Mary and Debbie- Ugh! Hope things go smoothly with the renters/squatters/emotional terrorists leaving. What a nightmare! Makes me think twice about the possibility of renting out our house during summers if we decide to travel in a few years.
    Rebecca I saw Machka's news on the evacuation in Guam; hope you hear from your DOS soon!
    Allie- $800/month is actually quite reasonable for a childcare center. Yep, parents will have to pay when their child is absent. I think they will find that Myles will really be challenged (in a good way) and will learn a lot of new skills that he can't learn alone, at home.
    Barbara- Tina Turner! That one was like a knife in the heart. :(
    Barbie- "rather eat a bug than be a landlord" lol Nice. I envy your amount of exercise each day.
    Lisa- It is amazing how such a small animal can be so disruptive of our sleep. Growing up, our family cats used to run races regularly around midnight/1:00.
    Karen VA- Where are you? Are you okay?
    Well, kids are here and bouncing off the walls. I am counting down the hours. 9 hours until I have a four day weekend! Wahoo! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Everything Kelly said.

_____
    _____
    I’m OK, Kelly. Appreciate you noticing/asking.

Uncharacteristically lethargic lately, have put on a few pounds since moving here, and not getting my old house ready for market the way I need to. So in a bit of a funk. Nothing catastrophic. Just crapola. Feel like I’m slogging along.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Options
    Happy Birthday Pip!
    du2veke9t0f3.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    ersiu1042vo0.png

Thank goodness, it is my 4-day week and 3-day weekend!

I am enjoying what I'm doing at work and had a productive week. Quite pleased. :)

And I've been climbing stairs, walking, and keeping my diet under control.

But I am amazingly tired.

I miss my energy.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Pip- Happiest of Birthday's my friend!!
    Lisa-darn Egg....those glasses by the way not to expensive check out Pair eyewear.. 60.00 for a regular prescription and you can get all sorts of toppers and sun toppers they are magnetized and pop right onto your glasses..i have progressive lenses so mine were 200+ because of the lenses but thats still much cheaper than other places..
    I think the daycare place is out.. the lady is not very good with communicating and if she isn't good with that,Tracy doesn't feel comfortable leaving Miles with her. So they are still on the hunt.
  • Machka9
    Options
    On another topic ...

If you're looking for a different job, this article is really good.

The best questions to ask at the end of your interview
    https://www.seek.com.au/career-advice/article/the-best-questions-to-ask-at-the-end-of-your-interview

Asking questions at the end of the interview was something my mentor really emphasised.

The article starts ...

You’re almost through your job interview, and the interviewer asks: “Do you have any questions about the role?”

My mentor told me, and I will tell you ... never, ever say, "No, I don't think so. I believe we covered everything". Always, always have questions prepared.

The article goes into a lot more detail and provides examples of questions.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    353015tkprxcc8un.gif

For Pip Pip Hooray! :p

Heather UK xxxxxxxx