WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Ginny wow that is a true horror story for all! Hope it works out for you.

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Pip

Blue Pom Mule
    Pomberry Mule

I’m going to experiment with vodka, blueberry and lime.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thanks ladies for all of your wise thoughts and good wishes!! She took the $500 and will be out by noon on June 30th! We will pay her the $500 after the walk-through. We’re losing a lot of money, but the big headache is gone! The management companies up here where we live do not take on individual small properties like we have. I did have a property manager that was independent, and according to what I read, we were not doing things correctly. We would’ve had to pay him and had taxes Social Security and Medicare, taken out! We did claim his pay on our taxes, though!

Heather and Rori great picture of the two of you!! I hope you both have a lot of fun and make great memories together!

Debbie you should go to the courthouse and get the paperwork for your mom and fill it out. Maybe if she has it right there she will sign it! That might be the kickstart that she needs. You can also get the paperwork online.

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

with mom, if we push too much, she changes her tune and said it isn't that bad.It has to be her decision to do it. Since dad passed there have been several times where she got upset(but didn't say anything to me but told my sister who told me- that I was pushing her and she was going to make her mind up on her own. She is still totally competent so we can't force the lady out ourselves and mom tells my sister to basically keep her mouth shut and don't cause problems with the room mate because then she has to deal with the room mate later.
    Mom wants her gone but doesn't want the confrontation of telling her she needs to leave.
    I told her all she has to do is tell her that she wants her to leave because it isn't working for her. Mom is irritated all the time because of her.
    My sister is staying out there more weekends now because of the room mate.
    When I am there, the lady acts like I am invisible, walks right past me, not speaking at all. I can be there the three days and she never says a word.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today. Choose to be kind to those in service industries, no matter what!

Machka love your clear explanation about files vs programs. Was having some “compatibility anxiety” from back in the bad old days… ;}
    Lisa :laugh: Sorry was unclear. I am knot a tomato lover, but like you can tolerate paste, puree, well blended sauce. For me it’s the texture and the nasty gel encased seeds (wagon wheel snot mots justes). You’re a better man than I am if you can eat a cherry tomato :sick:
    Rori and Heather :love: :love: :love: your pics/smiles. I could just hug you both to pieces.
    Pip “Ceres’ daughter”?
    Lanette thanks for that clip. Just put a library hold on “Metabolical.”

Just a quick pop in. May not check in for a couple of days, eye dr. and Trader Joe trip.
    05/23: Move: 2 sets PT w/X&a, dogs to powerline, salal chopping and fern whacking so far. steps:4835 so far.
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 11+3 =almonds, cashews, celery, garbanzo beans, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pineapple, potato chips, radishes, romaine, tea-black/green, walnuts, wheat-biscotti/clif bar/cookies CI= CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, pre-registered for dexa, mammo and ultra sounds, AF so far ;}. Wt:134.0
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

• lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    🌷
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Sheesh did i miss alot today..
    Rori and Heather love love that picture of the 2 of you ❤️
    Lisa- the tomato 🍅 ha ha ha
    Mary- good riddance to baf rubbish I say.
    Tracy might have offended the daycare lady we shall see..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Mary - it makes sense that property management services don't want to mess with small properties. What did you say you are going to do with the house after she's evicted? Sell it? Try to find another renter again?

Ginny - thank you for sharing the situation your SIL is in. Good grief. Gives me the chills. And here I thought it would be best to never get married again because old fellas are looking for a nurse or a purse. I had no concept that just having a female roomie can bring similar problems. :o

Maybe the lesson here is to actually have a "renter agreement" of some type delineating who is responsible for what, grounds for termination/eviction, etc. Like Sheldon Cooper's roommate agreement on Big Bang Theory. :p But agreements are no guarantee if there's not an affordable and easy enforcement arm.

Debbie - yep, sounds like all you can do is listen to your mom complain. Hopefully your sis staying there on weekends will make it uncomfortable for the roomer and she'll think about going back to her trailer. Has to be super frustrating to watch.

Again, counting my blessings.

Pip - that wall is looking great! What a nice feature. When is Kirby's MRI? That little terry dog coat looks like just the ticket.

Heather and Rori - bet you are having lots of fun! Lovely photo of 2 lovely ladies we are proud to be acquainted with! A drink name... Heather's Healthy something. :D How does it taste?

Barbara - Thanks to Dr. Lustig's prompting, I dug out some almonds I had stashed away. Gotta give our gut microbes something to eat, right?

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today. Choose to be kind to those in service industries, no matter what!

Machka love your clear explanation about files vs programs. Was having some “compatibility anxiety” from back in the bad old days… ;}
    Lisa :laugh: Sorry was unclear. I am knot a tomato lover, but like you can tolerate paste, puree, well blended sauce. For me it’s the texture and the nasty gel encased seeds (wagon wheel snot mots justes). You’re a better man than I am if you can eat a cherry tomato :sick:
    Rori and Heather :love: :love: :love: your pics/smiles. I could just hug you both to pieces.
    Pip “Ceres’ daughter”?
    Lanette thanks for that clip. Just put a library hold on “Metabolical.”

Just a quick pop in. May not check in for a couple of days, eye dr. and Trader Joe trip.
    05/23: Move: 2 sets PT w/X&a, dogs to powerline, salal chopping and fern whacking so far. steps:4835 so far.
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 11+3 =almonds, cashews, celery, garbanzo beans, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pineapple, potato chips, radishes, romaine, tea-black/green, walnuts, wheat-biscotti/clif bar/cookies CI= CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, pre-registered for dexa, mammo and ultra sounds, AF so far ;}. Wt:134.0

Huh?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Just got it scheduled for June 11, it will take 1 1/2 hours
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to Rori and Heather!!!
    This is wonderful & I am delighted to see you together. 💖

Katla
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Today I ate 1275 calories. I did twenty minutes on the bike, and then the dumbbells, Yay! For a deficit of 211, So not too bad.

Annie in Delaware
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Lanette we will rent it as a 2 bedroom instead of 4. We will deadbolt the upstairs. We can still get the same amount as we were getting from the last tenant. That way we can limit the number of people. We are not going to have a caretaker either. The other tenant works for a landscaping company that we had plow the year before last and has access to the snow plow with permission from the owner that we know. We will pay him for that and he also has snow rakes and will do that as well. Not as a caretaker with rent reduction but hired handyman. We are going to write a very detailed lease with consequences for lease violations and no more 10 days to resolve a violation. That makes it impossible to evict repeat offenders. Next year if the market is good we will attempt to sell.

Debbie the roommate is actually committing elder abuse. She found a weak person and is taking advantage of her. She should be reported to social services. That happened to my mom but it was my two younger sisters that took advantage of her. Us three older siblings reported them but my mom was too weak like yours and competent as well and didn’t want to file charges. My sister and her husband are very wealthy and didn’t want the youngest sister with them so they put them together even though she committed credit card fraud in our mom’s name not once but twice. I understand completely what you are going through!

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Lanette we will rent it as a 2 bedroom instead of 4. We will deadbolt the upstairs. We can still get the same amount as we were getting from the last tenant. That way we can limit the number of people. We are not going to have a caretaker either. The other tenant works for a landscaping company that we had plow the year before last and has access to the snow plow with permission from the owner that we know. We will pay him for that and he also has snow rakes and will do that as well. Not as a caretaker with rent reduction but hired handyman. We are going to write a very detailed lease with consequences for lease violations and no more 10 days to resolve a violation. That makes it impossible to evict repeat offenders. Next year if the market is good we will attempt to sell.

Debbie the roommate is actually committing elder abuse. She found a weak person and is taking advantage of her. She should be reported to social services. That happened to my mom but it was my two younger sisters that took advantage of her. Us three older siblings reported them but my mom was too weak like yours and competent as well and didn’t want to file charges. My sister and her husband are very wealthy and didn’t want the youngest sister with them so they put them together even though she committed credit card fraud in our mom’s name not once but twice. I understand completely what you are going through!

My older sister did the cc fraud with my grandmother a few times. Grandma didn't want to press charges either.

• pipcd34
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3