WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    jnp5swmwexxk.jpeg
    My granddaughter is state champion of the 400 meter. Time of 1:01.22! She’s freshman in HS and runs for fun. I’m so proud.

Betsy in NW WA

Congrats to her! Proud grandma moment!💖🤗👍🏼
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    I screen shotted this quote from Henry James today. It was from a bigger article about Rachmaninov.
    It's how I feel about my writing and sometimes about my painting.
    dmg23jkm30es.jpg
    That's life.

All good tonight. Happy. Looking forward to some recorded Miss Marple. :D
    Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday. :# Will write as usual. The cleaner is still coming.
    We will just ignore it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    jnp5swmwexxk.jpeg
    My granddaughter is state champion of the 400 meter. Time of 1:01.22! She’s freshman in HS and runs for fun. I’m so proud.

Betsy in NW WA

🎉Congratulations! That is certainly a proud grandma moment🎉

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Tracey - I think Rodger is right on the money regarding the fence slats - they don't seem to cut down the wind or speed it up. And yes, I do think the "V" shape channeling the wind has a lot to do with it. I have extra slats I could insert at various intervals that would probably help with the wind - make more of a barrier which is part of the sales pitch, lol. (It's Bernoulli's Principle not Bernoilli's Principle. Too edit the bad spelling from my post from yesterday.)

Katla - I love those thick air mattresses, very comfortable. Hope the next one doesn't lose air. I think Sleep Number must be a type of air-filled mattress.

Betsey - congrats to your granddaughter on that achievement! Very good for being a freshman :)

Ginny - what a lovely story about your DH and the bird. I haven't noticed any specific sign other than seeing something nice in the back yard - a tree, a bush, a bird, and immediately getting a vision of him smiling. What a great feeling.

Pip- I too thought you put Chispa in there and it somehow clipped her. :p I wanted to order one to stick Rosie into! You did a really great job, by the way. Did she behave or was she a struggler?

Weight-watcher stuff (I hope MFP allows this, that's why I'm kind of spelling it differently)-
    With my recent weight gain, I've been thinking about strategies that worked for me in the past. I was always successful with Weight-watchers (W W) when I attended the meetings and had the weekly weigh-ins. I didn't always stay for the meetings, but having to step on a scale in front of someone, have them record it, and often say "good job, you lost this week" or "not a loss this week but overall you are doing great" was a good motivator for me.

I just checked - they don't call them meetings anymore, they are now "Workshops". The price doesn't seem too bad. I used to be a lifetime member, I need to dig out my card and see if I'm within 2 lbs- if they even honor that anymore. I see there is a "workshop" in the next town over that meets at 9:30 on Saturday mornings.

The main reason I left WW was they switched to supporting everything on a smartphone app, and their PC support was clunky. I came over to MFP and this group - very glad I did.

I watched a good Bob & Brad video (starring Brad & Mike) this morning on balance - ankle strengthening, lifting feet, etc. They suggesting stepping sideways and making sure to lift feet. So I stepped sideways down the hall and back in my house. It's a rambler so the hallway is at least 25 feet. I was able to steady myself touching the wall. After 2 times down and back, my outer thigh/hip muscles were tired. That's telling me I need to work on it.

I recall some of the Leslie Sansone step videos have sideways stepping too. I need to cue up some of hers and give her 1 mile workouts a go again. I can't keep up with them like I used to many years ago, but even walking in place does a lot of good.

Make it a wonderful day <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where it's overcast and chilly this morning.

She was a. Champ, didn’t fight me at all
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Betsey- How wonderful! I am in awe of all our athletic granddaughters <3<3<3 It shows real strength of character.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Prayers for Destiny and her family ...
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Debbie, so sorry to hear Destiny’s latest update. I hope she is able to have a smooth and peaceful transition. {{{HUGS}}} for all.

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Debbie prayers for Destiny and her family and friends 💕

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Pip I also thought that you put Chispa in that canister and she got her haircut that way! You have seen those haircutters that suck your hair up and cut it off all the same length, I thought somebody might have invented something for small dogs!

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My heart breaks for Destiny and her family. :'(

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Pip you did an excellent job on Chispas!

So sorry to hear about Destiny. So sad.

Today I took off from my diet and exercise. I went out to lunch. Tomorrow I will be strict again!

Annie in Delaware
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about Destiny. Continued prayers for her and her family and friends.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 4hrs 9min, vacuum, dust, extra cleaned our shower, laundry fold and put away, washed both living room and entryway rugs, water plants, sweep front entryway and front patio, fill up front fountain w/water, clean and refill fountain in front patio, trim hedges, make more hummingbird food, clean and fill front birdbath, etc = 1163c.

*stopped calorie counter, was really for a longer time and would have been more calories*
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the care and prayers for Destiny and her family.
    I was so surprised to read her mom's post this morning.
    Everyone is still praying for a miracle(we got one with Nick just weeks ago)
    It has been a very hard two years for all of them.

Debbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Pip- I got a giggle when I saw the pic of chispa's hair in, I am guessing, a hand vac. At first I thought it was a new grooming tool and it was Chispa inside of it. You know, kind of like something you would see on the Jetsons. lol She looks great! Job well done!
    Heather- The family looks like they are having a ball! Well done on the climb, Bea!
    Ginny and Debbie and Allie- I liked reading of your "visits" from your parent's spirit animals.
    Tracey - I have long admired your talents with the Cricut! Happy you have been rewarded for your talent.

NSV- I may have mentioned before, but I had been taking Mucinex nasal spray nightly since summer of 2020. I would stop for a day or two; but begin using it again because I was having a hard time breathing at night. Anyway, I stopped using it a while back. Quite a few nights, I fought every urge to just go into the bathroom and spray a couple shots up my nose. But I muscled through the nights of stuffiness and dry mouth from breathing through my mouth. It has been four weeks since I have used the Mucinex. I finally feel like I don't need it at night anymore. Yea!!!

Oooops! I wrote this at about 8 this morning. Walked away from my computer to do a couple of things, then decided to head outside to get some stuff done. Just came in for a cool down and saw that I forgot to post and sign off! Duh... forgetfully yours, KJ (Kelly)

Well done! I got stuck on a nasal spray back in 2012. It was 4 or 5 years before I muscled through and got off it.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    I know Tracy has slapped her a few times.. but being beaten no ,not that I know of...I don't get to see her alone except when we go for haircuts and that wont be until July 5th.. but I will ask her..
    I am hoping they are having a fun time this weekend..

That's not entirely what I mean.