pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well im beat
    But Miles had a ball ,always better when not with his parent's
    Ate food ran around and had a ball..and grandma is beat i brought him home after a few hrs I didn't want both of us over doing it.
    Im going to try and rest up tomorrow.
    Im so sad to hear about Destiny..will keep her and rhe family in my prayers8v5qu70sibwk.jpg
  • lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @dlfk202000 I will be praying for Destiny and her family. 🙏🏻
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Betsy – woo hoo for your granddaughter

Groomer pip – Wonderful job. Add me to the group who thought you’d put Chispa into the canister. So glad to hear you didn’t

Debbie – OMG! How horrible. Do the other two know?

Night everyone

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Betsy – woo hoo for your granddaughter

Groomer pip – Wonderful job. Add me to the group who thought you’d put Chispa into the canister. So glad to hear you didn’t

Debbie – OMG! How horrible. Do the other two know?

Night everyone

Michele NC

Yes, they told her brother and sister first then Jennifer posted on the Prayers for Destiny FB page.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Those dreams that linger into days really are disturbing. I remember 2 dreams from when I was a child both of them were bears separating my brother and I from Mom. Weird.
    I have a massage appointment on Tuesday. I had it scheduled for my original back and shoulder issue.

Heather - it seems to be the case. Every time I try to do something I end up injured.
    My daughter has the theory that the reason I’m hurting in different spots right now is the stress leaving my body. Who knows she may be into something.
    I don’t remember the Instagram guy so I’m not following him anymore. LOL.
    I go on there mostly to follow you, my daughter and her best friend, and a nephew that posts beautiful photos of his work locations. He works in forestry and is usually dropped into locations from helicopters.

How wonderful that you made that man’s happy today.

Lisa - I love as able to sleep until 6am when I woke up in pain. I debated whether I wanted to take the T3’s again, but also didn’t want pain. I decided to get up, have a piece of toast and take only 1, not the 2 prescribed. I then went back to bed and didn’t wake up until noon!!!!!
    I don’t know the last time I slept that late.
    I would like to have all of Ken Burns documentaries on DVD. I have the country music one because I bought it for my FIL a few years ago for Christmas. When he passed I brought it home with me.
    I would poke Egg too, if she won’t let you sleep she shouldn’t either.

Ginny - I would think it would take time to realize you can make your own decisions. My MIL is going without so that she keeps the house to give her granddaughter because that is what my FIL wanted. It angers me that the granddaughter is only thinking of herself and not what is best for my MIL. There is nothing we can do about it though because everything we suggest she says “Mike wanted”. I fear it will be way too late before she sees a better way.

Heather - I don’t know what you were aiming for, but I like the looks of it.

Betsy - what a proud Grandma moment. Congratulations to your granddaughter.

Katla - I hope you get a new mattress soon!

Allie - I think Carmine may be mentally abused although in my book slapping is abuse. I think that mental is worse, my Dad said something mean to me to me when I was 12 and still at 54 when I think of Dad it’s one of the first things I think of. It can’t be an easy life for her being punished all the time and having a father who has thrown and broken her things. I think they need to look at themselves and give her a break. I just feel bad for all of them. Miles will end up in the same situation as he gets older I’m sure.

Lanette - I enjoy the Leslie Sansone videos too. I also need to get back to her. DH and I were talking last night about both of us getting back to walking.

Debbie - how terribly heartbreaking for Destiny and her family.

I washed my windows outside today, DH bought an extension washing system. It was quick and easy. I washed all of the inside as well except the bedroom and craft room.
    I finished that and a couple hours later a windstorm came up and blew dust around, then it rained for a few minutes.
    Thankfully the windows still look clean.

It is only 9pm and even with sleeping until noon I still feel I could sleep.
    Maybe my daughter is right and my body is trying to shred all of the stress.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,234 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Our bodies feel all our stress, they carry the legacy of our childhood traumas and they react to current stress. A famous book is 'The Body Keeps the Score'. Often our bodies are wiser than we are. <3
    Sleep. Rest. Walk in the woods. Breathe. Do some gentle yoga. If something comes up for you that makes your heart spark a little, do it. Even if it feels silly. That way is healing. Too many of us go against our best instincts. We have to listen. Our bodies are wise. You have suffered CPTSD. It will want to rest, and recovery takes time. We have to be quiet and really listen . Then pay attention to that tiny spark. Which could be anything, but we have usually stuffed it so far down, most of us can't hear the whispers.
    Are you following up the counselling for teenagers idea you had?

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,234 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Tracey - I forgot to say that I dreamt about you all last night. I don't remember the dream at all, but it was associated with a billowing, beautiful, blue silk material - loads of it. That sheeny, satiny, silk, in the most gorgeous colour. It filled the 'screen' of my dream, but you were definitely there.
    No idea what any of that means, but it was lovely and I woke up with the dream. I think you were meant to have the material. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    29. Today do something to care for the natural world. Continue pruning ferns, chopping back salal, picking up trash.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight. Thanked D for sermon, J for furnace research work, K for “Battle Cry of Freedom”.
    Finally a clear, dry, warm day with no blustering wind. After the dogs guilted me into taking them to the powerline meadow, I really enjoyed dinking around the garden, trimming two of the out-of-control ferns, transplanting the marguerite into the big decorative pot on the porch (inspired by Heather), watered the snow peas, red romaine and “perennial” arugula. It’s survived two winters and though it tries to bolt every so often, the leaves are still good and peppery, not bitter.
    Heather, “…chose to be kind…” Bravissima! Really, really :love: yours to Tracey. Well said!
    Lisa in order to make step goals I walk around the living room hollering the (usually wrong) questions to Jeopardy. Give Egg a poke from me :laugh:
    Ginny glad you outgrew your nightmares. I’ve had serial nightmares since a child, not so often as I’ve aged but …
    KJ yours on pips newfangled grooming device. :laugh:
    Machka mattock-wielding sounds like a good stress reliever. Brava! As far as Carmine being hurt, just feeling that her parents needed a boy baby, that she was not “enough” would be painful enough imho.
    Betsy proud indeed! Fingers X’d for lower pressure and safe travels.
    Carol ((hugs)) Do you ever remember the good ones?
    Katla you ARE a good sport!
    Rita likewise yours to pip getting Chispas out of the handvac.
    Pip I feel the same way about salted caramel vodka. That’s why it lives in a tote in the garage, harder to get to. ;)
    Debbie :cry: Praying for peace and an end to pain for Destiny Hope, strength and comfort for her family.
    Mary I could sure use your invention for Tumble ;)
    Tracey hope Tuesday’s massage is a cure all.
    Allie ((hugs)) Hope this weekend is a blessed relief for your whole family and they can find their way to a fresh start. If not, that some window opens for Carmine to live elsewhere for awhile.
    05/28: Move: 2 sets PT w/D, dogs to powerline, salal chopping/fern whacking, Jeopardy Masters walking. steps:7748
    Fuel: plants running count for week so : 11+4+4+2+3+3+5 =32 almonds, apple, artichoke, beans-chili, carrots, cashews, celery, chia tea, cucumber, garbanzo beans, granola, grapefruit, kombucha, macadamia nuts, maple syrup, maraschino cherry, olilve, onions, peach cobbler, peanuts, pecans, peppers-sweet/orange/red/yellow, pineapple, pomegranate juice, potato chips, radishes, romaine, soy breakfast patty/Italian sausage, tea-black/green, tomato sauce, walnuts, wheat-biscotti/clif bar/cookies/sourdough/pizza /oyster + Snap’d crackers/burger bun CI=1532 CO=597
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, church, fellowship, transplant marguerite, water vegs. Wt: 134.2

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Debbie-Destiny has been a warrior. While they are telling her, she probably knows what is happening. Hope she has a Smoot transition surrounded with love.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka mattock-wielding sounds like a good stress reliever. Brava! As far as Carmine being hurt, just feeling that her parents needed a boy baby, that she was not “enough” would be painful enough imho.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Agreed ...

Grade 7, when I was 12, was one of my roughest years. I moved 3 times, hormones were all over the place, period started. It's a very volatile time.

And that's the time when Carmine's parents paid a lot of money to have a baby boy. If my parents did that, I would have probably lost the plot.

I know Tracy has slapped her a few times.. but being beaten no ,not that I know of...I don't get to see her alone except when we go for haircuts and that wont be until July 5th.. but I will ask her..
    I am hoping they are having a fun time this weekend..

Allie - I think the question also extends to school. Is someone bullying Carmine at school? Or threatening in some way? Or touching them when they don't wish to be touched? I did not tell anyone at school about being abused, even my best friend, and I think if I'd been hurt at school I would not have been able to say so at home. Tracy slapping Carmine IS abuse, by the way, and is unacceptable. I'm sorry to be harsh, I don't want to be, but that needs to stop immediately. As someone else said, the entire family needs counseling, not just Carmine.

Lisa

Agreed.

Very sadly, about 1 in 4 girls under the age of 18 are sexually abused.
    https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childsexualabuse/fastfact.html

And yes, slapping is both physical and emotional abuse because it is humiliating and demeaning. It just teaches a child that hitting is OK.
    https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect/fastfact.html

Allie - I think Carmine may be mentally abused although in my book slapping is abuse. I think that mental is worse, my Dad said something mean to me to me when I was 12 and still at 54 when I think of Dad it’s one of the first things I think of. It can’t be an easy life for her being punished all the time and having a father who has thrown and broken her things. I think they need to look at themselves and give her a break. I just feel bad for all of them. Miles will end up in the same situation as he gets older I’m sure.

Tracey in Edmonton

Agreed too.

The whole thing doesn't sound good. :(

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Discussion about larger size clothes - confession time here. I have gained so much weight around my middle in the past couple months, even my larger sweatpants are getting to be uncomfortable. I'm tired of my belly getting in the way when I bend over to tie my shoes. :s
    Lanette B)
    SW WA State

One of the reasons I knew I had to lose weight was because of the additional neck fat ... it started to become uncomfortable to sleep! I had to tilt my head back a little.

It's better now. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    M in Oz thank you for the free plant identifier.... it worked. I wouldn't have known to press the cancel without your directions. I am so delighted to be able to check out plants as I walk. I used it twice yesterday. Thank you very much. I love your clear explanations and directions. You have a knack with words.

Betsy in NW WA

Thank you! :)

Several apps do that thing where they put up a full page ad type of thing asking for information. Even MFP does that from time to time. :neutral: All the ones I've seen do have some way to cancel or X, but you've often got to wait a moment before it appears.

They're called 'overlays' (I just discovered today).

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Update from Destiny's mom- they are looking at putting her on hospice care :(

Now that we have told Michelle and Travis I can let you guys know. Destiny will not be going home. Right now she has to get A blood transfusion every couple of days and the cancer is taking over.. we are looking into a place called George marks children house. Instead of keeping her in the hospital
    We made the choice not to tell her . We don’t want her to give up hope and we want her to be the Destiny we all know and love . And if we tell her she might just withdraw into herself and we do not want that.
    So if you guys come to visit try to stay upbeat and mindful of what is said.
    She does know she can’t go home until she is stable. And unless God grants us a miracle he will be taking her home to him soon. We don’t know when, it could be days weeks or even months. But she doesn’t have long.
    My other two will need all the support they can get so please be in prayer for them as well and if you see them around maybe give them a hug or two.

So, so sorry! That's just so sad. But continued prayers.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Incidentally, that CDC link above has a section on Elder Abuse too.
    https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/elderabuse/fastfact.html

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    I washed my windows outside today, DH bought an extension washing system. It was quick and easy. I washed all of the inside as well except the bedroom and craft room.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey - Can you post an Amazon picture or link for the extension washing system? I truly despise washing windows, and anything that makes it easier would make me happy. When son John still lived with us, he and Corey washed the outside windows and I did the insides, but that was at least three years ago and possibly four. I was seriously thinking about hiring someone to do it, I hate it so much.

Lisa in AR
  • LisaInArkansas
    Options
    My daughter has the theory that the reason I’m hurting in different spots right now is the stress leaving my body. Who knows she may be into something.
    Lisa - I love as able to sleep until 6am when I woke up in pain. I debated whether I wanted to take the T3’s again, but also didn’t want pain. I decided to get up, have a piece of toast and take only 1, not the 2 prescribed. I then went back to bed and didn’t wake up until noon!!!!!
    I don’t know the last time I slept that late.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey - I know that pain moves around for me, too. I thought my pain meds had stopped working completely, as the inside of each knee felt sore and painful every morning for weeks. Now they're doing fine. Your daughter may well have the right of it. The biggest thing for me is sleeping. If I can sleep, I can heal. It's been that way all my life. It sounds like it might be the same for you. I had to teach myself that I could go back to sleep after I woke up in the early morning, but it took sticking to a sleep routine and nearly two years after I retired to consistently sleep more than seven hours a night. I'm kinda slow about some things. :blush:

Lisa in AR

• LisaInArkansas
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Betsy - Had to search back, totally missed your picture! Congratulations to your granddaughter, and to you! What a wonderful accomplishment, something she will remember the rest of her life.

Usual chores out in front of me today - laundry day and organizing the pills for the week. I think I mentioned the gastroenterologist put me back on balsalazide. Three pills, three times a day, so 63 more pills to add to the pill caddies. Corey's just pulled out for work, not sure why I couldn't go back to sleep this morning, but there's a reasonable chance of a nap later.

Have I mentioned that I love being retired? I really do. If it hadn't been for the dang colitis, I'd be in heaven right now. And the colitis is honestly improving, just imperceptibly slow most days.

Anyway, once I get the laundry going, I'll do a bit of yoga, get everything stretched out, and then get the pills done. Ambitions! Small, but my own... :smile:

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR